"Carnival Live" Concert Cruises? Cool.

TrqoisWtrs

Bleech...

so what ships have the "enhanced" house band on them?? Why not just hire back the fantastic Filipino cover band - most have Music in their stage name...?>

the concert tickets?? no thanks....would not be that interested in those groups

I think it is totally funny to have Trace Adkins there - he just headlined - and left- an NCL Country cruise - left all the fans high and dry

he got drunk and punched a TA "tribute artist" who was singing Karaoke and imitating him LOL

he went back to rehab

how about just doing what other lines do and have decent production shows...you know like the ones Carnival took off when they put on Playlist? How about naming, shaming and firing the idiot who dreamed up playlist>? LOL

Me personally I would not pay extra to see any of them. I think most people when they asked for better entertainment meant something that was included. I do see a few positives about this...more time to explore Cozumel and maybe the other shows or activities(at the same time) will not be overcrowded. For those who giggle at the pier runners...my guess is in Cozumel there will actually be even more of them as they have more time to get toasted.

I actually like this concept -- it offers something extra to those who enjoy such things. For everyone else, Carnival is offering alternatives. It's a win/win.

I've seen Styx half a dozen times over the years - they've been my favorite band since I was 12 years old. I'd gladly pay the $100 or so for a meet & greet and concert on board the ship -- it's the closest I'll ever get to a private show.

If the concerts aren't your thing, then it's simple - don't go. But for those of us who find this a good thing, I think it'll prove to be a hit.

And Hopefully they are doing it without having you being there judging them! I don't understand why the negativity? If you don't like, don't go. They are trying something different and not every change makes everyone happy. Ease up!

Why ease up?? Is Carnival some poor little creature to be coddled?

Is this Cruise Critic or Cruise Cheerleader?

To me this silly move is a way to get more $$ - charge for these so called entertainers and then jack up the price of the cruise

what are people who do not wish to see them going to do? No show for them . As someone pointed out - arrival in port is later that day...

and price of cruise just went up - you pay for ticket on top of that

I wouldn't pay a dime to see any of these acts. Most were washed up years ago. They all play the county fair circuit where you can see them for free. Bring back the Caribbean bands on deck and the show bands in the showroom. That is what the people want. This is just another way to improve the bottom line for Carnival.

Bleech...

so what ships have the "enhanced" house band on them?? Why not just hire back the fantastic Filipino cover band - most have Music in their stage name...?>

I think it is totally funny to have Trace Adkins there - he just headlined - and left- an NCL Country cruise - left all the fans high and dry

he got drunk and punched a TA "tribute artist" who was singing Karaoke and imitating him LOL

he went back to rehab

how about just doing what other lines do and have decent production shows...you know like the ones Carnival took off when they put on Playlist? How about naming, shaming and firing the idiot who dreamed up playlist>? LOL

Just FYI Adkins had accused that TA of stalking him before and had run in with him.

I cannot believe people are complaining. As pointed out above, you can literally see top notch acts for $20-$40 bucks. Good luck seeing those names in the states for that much. Not to mention, how often can you spend $100, get to see one of your favorite musicians AND get to meet them? The talent they are bringing in generally sell out major venues. This isnt your local cover band.

Its a great idea for the younger crowd. But I have to admit. I have seen people acting crazy with seating in the main lounge . Don't think I would be ready for a stampede. BUT I would love to hear more bands more of the steel bands by the pool and get rid of the DJ. Think their other shows need something more then the bands. Seen half the groups in my younger days..

Just FYI Adkins had accused that TA of stalking him before and had run in with him.

Just an FYI - the very publically sober Adkins fell off the wagon on the cruise, left the ship and the concert goers high and dry...and went to rehab

he is a grown man - he could have called security or his own team of bodyguards

Hope they have some good "AA" handlers and bodyguards on hand when the big guy is on board LOL

note to the wise : don't sing his songs at Karaoke LOL

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/15/trace-adkins-in-rehab-ship-impersonator-alcohol-fight/

fans are mad - http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/21/trace-adkins-free-drinks-show-tickets-cruise-ship-rehab-impersonator-fight/

I think it is really weird that Carnival would keep him on as an entertainer after that fiasco LOL

PATHETIC... Shame on you Carnival. Here we go with the nickel and diming.

Not really, just don't give them any of your nickels and dimes. I won't be going to the concerts, there's no person or group that I would enjoy seeing - not even for free!

You do realize that other cruise lines are already doing this don't you?

Rena...please list what cruise lines and what concerts they offer at ticket price?

Some - Royal , NCL, have some shows that you must prebook - Blue Man, Hairspray, Ice show or whatever - no cost but need to reserve a time/seat or else show up and go standby hope for a seat

NCL has cirque dreams, which comes with dinner for an upcharge

So = you made the statement, please back it up with facts -? I get sick of seeing so much misinformation around here

Yes but April 19 th is $349 and May 12 th is $389 same price as their cruises without the concerts .

What I said is that they are more than SPRING BREAK. I am in Florida. Spring break is in March. Our cruise is $227 pp. So, April 19 and May 12 is still more than my spring break cruise.

Bleech...

he went back to rehab

Amen!!!!

Just an FYI - the very publically sober Adkins fell off the wagon on the cruise, left the ship and the concert goers high and dry...and went to rehab

he is a grown man - he could have called security or his own team of bodyguards

Hope they have some good "AA" handlers and bodyguards on hand when the big guy is on board LOL

note to the wise : don't sing his songs at Karaoke LOL

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/15/trace-adkins-in-rehab-ship-impersonator-alcohol-fight/

fans are mad - http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/21/trace-adkins-free-drinks-show-tickets-cruise-ship-rehab-impersonator-fight/

I think it is really weird that Carnival would keep him on as an entertainer after that fiasco LOL

Oh I don't disagree with you at all. I was just trying to give you a bit more of information that you didn't have. Stalking is a bad thing and a grown man (off or on the wagon) will want to confront the person. Heck I'd confront the person too.

It doesn't say anywhere that the guy was singing karaoke when they fought though and for the people saying Trace Adkins leaving ruined their cruise should have just chosen a concert instead..That's absurd.

Edited by JustCruiseMe

I applaud Carnival for adding these extra choices to these select cruises..

Going to sit down with DW and maybe book an extra cruise, we wouldn't have taken this year, to get to meet at least one of these bands in person...

Would much rather having these extras on select cruises than a stupid steel drum band at the pool....:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the Cozumel offerings get posted...

Bill

Edited by bguppies

I am sure to get flamed for this but I will say it anyway.

It is nice to have a different option for entertainment. And yes, there is an additional cost. HOWEVER, no one is twisting anyone's arm to go to this. So, if you don't like it, just don't go. But, some people do like the entertainers they are bringing onboard and let them enjoy it.

So, if you don't like it, just move on. No need to bad-mouth others or the company.

I SO agree with you. EVERY announcement, EVERY change will produce tons of threads of people hating it.

You don't have to purchase tickets, you don't HAVE to go. It's just an option for those that do.