"Carnival Live" Concert Cruises? Cool.

TrqoisWtrs

The only problem I have with this is….

So, the night of the “Concert”, I assume they will perform in the main lounge; we will have to pay to see it

As, nobody is forcing us to pay, so, if you don’t want to, don’t pay, and don’t go

This still means, 1 less night of included entertainment that will be free on other lines.

(and by entertainment I mean – any show I can just go to on any given night on any cruise)

So, not sure how I feel about this. I don’t cruise for the shows, but like the option of having them available to me…

While on the Elation a couple years ago, there was an evangelical group cruise going on (we did not know about it when we booked), the main show lounge was closed to those that were not part of the "group" 3 nights due to special performances by evangelical musical groups. So there were only 2 regular shows that 5 night sailing. I would much rather have them close the show lounge for a 1 night special engagement than 3 nights due to a special group cruise. :)

This is one issue I have with this idea. I think for a paid-for concert, you should have assigned seating. It's not like the included shows where you can go later or go the next evening. This is a one-time concert. One of the reasons I don't bother too much with the shows is because I don't like having to get there early just to get a good seat. It's like a waste of time. And I can only imagine having to get there 60/90 minutes early just to have a decent seat. I think Carnival should rethink that. And also rethink the kids part. I know on their FAQ section it says kids are allowed. But I'm sorry, don't agree. I love this idea even though there's only a couple of acts as of now I would pay to see and it's on mostly short cruises, but I disagree with those two aspects. Can't see why anyone would blanket hate the idea.

I think I was 5, maybe 6, the first concert I went to, Leann Rhimes, she was my favorite childhood artist and I loved it! I believe kids should be allowed to attend these shows. In the FAQS section it states all kids under 14 are to be accompanied by an adult 18 or older, so I see no problem with this as parents "should" be responsible for their children's behavior. Kids 14 and older "should" have enough sense about them to conduct themselves accordingly in such a venue. If not, simply get security and hopefully they'll be dealt with.

It's not a long concert, 1.25 hours per Carnival Excursions, so this shouldn't be a problem. If I thought a singer was age appropriate for my 4 year old daughter to enjoy, seeing as she loves music and has attended many of our local concerts, I wouldn't hesitate to take her. It's about parents having common sense, knowing how to "parent" their children, and knowing their children's behavior and reliability when it comes to these things....

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Where is everybody getting this erroneous information that the cruise cost is going up, on top of the added fees for the shows??????

(I'm sure one of the haters said it at the start, as if their inference was fact, and everybody keeps reading it as gospel.)

DW got home last night.

She books a Fantasy cruise every December for her and her best friend each year.

She keeps a log of the Fantasy cruise prices in a notebook, that she checks at least once a week and checks the changes in price.

She checked the Daughtry Fantasy cruise (which was the one they were already leaning towards) when she got home and the price was still the same as the previous two weeks and had gone down from her initial pricings.

I just got done reading 4 or 5 others on the previous two pages, who had been watching cruises on other ships adding these new shows and they ALL reported, the cruise fare had NOT gone up at all.

Carnival is not raising the price of the cruise to pay for these acts.

They are just basically, offering an on ship excursion, for those who are interested. (and it actually costs less than the on ship, ship tours they give on the last sea day. :eek: Which is more entertaining?)

Also for those discussing the seating in the main theater for these shows...

If you read the info, for the VIP packages, with the meet and greets, backstage aspect, it states that they also get VIP seating for the show.

Which means the front rows will be blocked off for the folks paying the $100-$150.

DW is checking with her friend today, but with the Daughtry addition, has them probably 95% ready to book that for sure, because of the Daughtry addition.

I am now trying to check the Cozumel offerings, as I love the Western itineraries and Cozumel.

If a band that I am interested is on a cruise, I will definitely book that cruise because of the band.

A day at Nachi Cocum and a night of rocking out back on the ship, in a small intimate theater, sounds like the PERFECT day on a cruise.

Bill

My thoughts exactly. Thank you Bill.

We booked the Destiny a few years ago when I later found out it was a Rick Springfield cruise.

I talked to some people who had been on other concert cruises, KISS, New Kids on the Block

and I can guarantee you, if you are NOT interested in a concert cruise RUN FAR AWAY! Rebook!

The cruise will be overloaded with fans and kick you out of venues and other areas of the ship.

Thanks for the warning!

Here's hoping my Valor cruise coming up in mid-Feb. isn't one of these concert cruises.

I think I was 5, maybe 6, the first concert I went to, Leann Rhimes, she was my favorite childhood artist and I loved it! I believe kids should be allowed to attend these shows. In the FAQS section it states all kids under 14 are to be accompanied by an adult 18 or older, so I see no problem with this as parents "should" be responsible for their children's behavior. Kids 14 and older "should" have enough sense about them to conduct themselves accordingly in such a venue. If not, simply get security and hopefully they'll be dealt with.

It's not a long concert, 1.25 hours per Carnival Excursions, so this shouldn't be a problem. If I thought a singer was age appropriate for my 4 year old daughter to enjoy, seeing as she loves music and has attended many of our local concerts, I wouldn't hesitate to take her. It's about parents having common sense, knowing how to "parent" their children, and knowing their children's behavior and reliability when it comes to these things....

I don't have any horror stories to tell about parents not doing their job with the kids they bring onboard, so I'm not trying to pile on here. We cruised with our kids for the first time last year. And I have no doubt that at least my 5-year old would enjoy a concert like this. But mine won't be going. Small children and concerts don't do it for me. There are just some things I like doing "adult-only." Everyone is different. ;)

I don't have any horror stories to tell about parents not doing their job with the kids they bring onboard, so I'm not trying to pile on here. We cruised with our kids for the first time last year. And I have no doubt that at least my 5-year old would enjoy a concert like this. But mine won't be going. Small children and concerts don't do it for me. There are just some things I like doing "adult-only." Everyone is different. ;)

Agreed! To each their own lol. I can definitely see why you and others would want it "adult-only". The concerts I would be more interested in I probably wouldn't take my daughter, (examples: REO, Foreigner, 38 Special, etc.) Lady A however, I'd totally take her. She wouldn't enjoy the ones I actually want to see, other than Lady A. It's about knowing your kids is all I'm saying ;)

I just have a problem with those who say "they are not twisting your arm"

Do you think, if this works? It will end there. No there will be more entertainment for price. Taking a bunch of wash up performers. OK reliving your childhood. And charging $40 on top of an additional $100 in cruise pricing. This just is not going to do it for me.

Paid entertainment after all the cutbacks? Who didn't see that one coming. :rolleyes:

Open seating? Disaster waiting to happen. Iceberg! Right ahead!

On John's Facebook page this morning he mentioned a small group of people who are determined to complain about everything that Carnival does. I can't think who he was talking about can you?

You are not paying for your entrainment !!! You know it is not going to be $20.

Then bring the house bands back to were they were before the cuts. Great.

Try yo bring the shoes back to before the cuts. Really great. Carnival will say they are giving you great entrainment,,, BUT you are paying for it.

THEY ARE NOT ADDING THEY ARE CUTTING BACK. Charging more for that cruise, and cutting one show per cruise

Now tell me how is this any different then RCCL lining a deck with speiclty food stands charging for them and then saying look at all of the great addtional food options we give you.

Royal does this a few times a year.

The actual cruise is higher priced and you pay for certain concert venues. Oh and BTW, Kid Rock, New Kids on the Block...just to name a couple.

I get sick of Grumpy Gus' complaining about everything Carnival does on here :rolleyes:

I have no opinion one way or the other on this however you are incorrect.

The cruises you are referring to are specialty cruises. You pay extra for the cruise upfront and special events with these groups are held over the course of the cruise with each day having an event. It is not the same as what carnival is saying they will be doing.

I have no opinion one way or the other on this however you are incorrect.

The cruises you are referring to are specialty cruises. You pay extra for the cruise upfront and special events with these groups are held over the course of the cruise with each day having an event. It is not the same as what carnival is saying they will be doing.

If I am incorrect, then I apologize. However, I got my info from a friend that has done the specialty cruises and she has told me that certain venues are an additional fee.

If I am incorrect, then I apologize. However, I got my info from a friend that has done the specialty cruises and she has told me that certain venues are an additional fee.

The full charter cruises you are talking about, are frequently FULLY chartered and every cabin is sold at a premium, by the charter company. (like how Carnival takes a cut with additional fees from regular excursions, these charters pay the artists with extra fees for the cabins.)

Those that are not a full charter, do have some venues, blocked off, exclusively for the charter folks, that those who booked regular through carnival do not have access to.

I love the way Carnival is doing this new program.

You still get to see a name act that would usually be on a full charter cruise or part of one.

BUT, the price of the cruise does NOT go up because of these cruises.

ONLY the people who CHOOSE to buy the "excursion" to see the show, PAY EXTRA.(like ANY other excursion.)

Those who have no intrest in the act playing the show, get the bonus of added time in the port that night, to do whatever they CHOOSE to do that night.

Win, win for EVERYBODY. (although the VOCAL critics in here will try to shout down the sensible folks, as is a cruise critic tradition.)

Bill

Edited by bguppies

Now tell me how is this any different then RCCL lining a deck with speiclty food stands charging for them and then saying look at all of the great addtional food options we give you.

What ships are you talking about exactly? Lining a deck with specialty food stands? I have never seen such a thing on any RC ships. ;)

Edited by janetz

Well, this is what finally pushed me to book, to see Daughtery. We have been watching the cruise for weeks now out of Jax, been debating for over a month now since we have only cruised Disney before and wanted a vacation that was cheap after a really rough year. $1260 for a 5 day Bahama vacay plus the lil extra to see Daughtery, just too perfect for us. Had a 24 hr hold this morning and then hubby paid it when I told him to go ahead tonight, price had not changed at all in the last month or since the announcement. Cant wait!!

We have a 24 hour hold on a cabin for the Daughtry Jax cruise. My wife would love to see him live and I get another cruise in this year :D We're looking at logistic, time off, etc., but maybe we'll be joining you.

For those worried about cruise prices going up because of this, take a look at the pricing for the Fascination for the three of four weeks before and after the Daughtry cruise. The Daughtry cruise is one of the lower priced cruises.

The full charter cruises you are talking about, are frequently FULLY chartered and every cabin is sold at a premium, by the charter company. (like how Carnival takes a cut with additional fees from regular excursions, these charters pay the artists with extra fees for the cabins.)

Those that are not a full charter, do have some venues, blocked off, exclusively for the charter folks, that those who booked regular through carnival do not have access to.

I love the way Carnival is doing this new program.

You still get to see a name act that would usually be on a full charter cruise or part of one.

BUT, the price of the cruise does NOT go up because of these cruises.

ONLY the people who CHOOSE to buy the "excursion" to see the show, PAY EXTRA.(like ANY other excursion.)

Those who have no intrest in the act playing the show, get the bonus of added time in the port that night, to do whatever they CHOOSE to do that night.

Win, win for EVERYBODY. (although the VOCAL critics in here will try to shout down the sensible folks, as is a cruise critic tradition.)

Bill

I totally agree with you. I like the change and I think it's a step in the right direction for Carnival. I probably won't go out of my way to book one of these cruises, but if there happens to be a performance on a cruise that I will be on, I will most likely go. I was responding to a response to another poster that said that it was time to switch lines :rolleyes:. Which I think is just silly, but to each his own.

Edited by Rena921

Carnival LIVE: the schedule

Posted: 22 Jan 2014 03:24 PM PST

John, who is currently in a taxi, asked that I s

hare the below schedule with you guys. For

your convenience, here it is… though I’d also

urge you to always refer to the official page

on carnival.com for the most up-to-date information.

Got this from JH blog!!

With the exception of the Breeze, they

are all on the smaller Carnival ships.

These dates are subject to change. Note

that the dates below are when the concert

itself takes place, not the date the sailing begins.

Artist Concert Date Concert Ship Departure Port

Kansas 22-May-14 Cozumel, Mexico Breeze Miami

Jennifer Hudson 19-Jun-14 Cozumel, Mexico Breeze Miami

STYX 09-Oct-14 Cozumel, Mexico Breeze Miami

Lady Antebellum 20-Nov-14 Cozumel, Mexico Breeze Miami

REO 23-Apr-14 Cozumel, Mexico Ecstasy Miami

Foreigner 10-May-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Ecstasy Miami

Martina McBride 14-May-14 Cozumel, Mexico Ecstasy Miami

Kansas 21-May-14 Cozumel, Mexico Ecstasy Miami

Chicago 04-Jun-14 Cozumel, Mexico Ecstasy Miami

Jennifer Hudson 18-Jun-14 Cozumel, Mexico Ecstasy Miami

Olivia Newton-John 28-Jun-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Ecstasy Miami

Gavin DeGraw 20-Aug-14 Cozumel, Mexico Ecstasy Miami

STYX 08-Oct-14 Cozumel, Mexico Ecstasy Miami

Lady Antebellum 19-Nov-14 Cozumel, Mexico Ecstasy Miami

STYX 07-Apr-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fantasy Charleston

38 Special 07-Sep-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fantasy Charleston

Leann Rimes 29-Oct-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fantasy Charleston

Kansas 13-Nov-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fantasy Charleston

Trace Adkins 25-Nov-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fantasy Charleston

Daughtry 04-Dec-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fantasy Charleston

REO 15-Dec-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fantasy Charleston

STYX 08-Apr-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fascination Jacksonville

Kansas 16-Apr-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fascination Jacksonville

38 Special 06-Sep-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fascination Jacksonville

Kansas 24-Sep-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fascination Jacksonville

STYX 29-Sep-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fascination Jacksonville

Trace Adkins 13-Oct-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fascination Jacksonville

Trace Adkins 24-Nov-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fascination Jacksonville

Daughtry 03-Dec-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fascination Jacksonville

REO 17-Dec-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Fascination Jacksonville

STYX 15-Sep-14 Catalina Island, CA Imagination Los Angeles

REO 22-Sep-14 Catalina Island, CA Imagination Los Angeles

Jewel 10-Nov-14 Catalina Island, CA Imagination Los Angeles

STYX 16-Sep-14 Catalina Island, CA Inspiration Los Angeles

REO 23-Sep-14 Catalina Island, CA Inspiration Los Angeles

Jewel 11-Nov-14 Catalina Island, CA Inspiration Los Angeles

REO 22-Apr-14 Cozumel, Mexico Paradise Tampa

Martina McBride 15-May-14 Cozumel, Mexico Paradise Tampa

Chicago 03-Jun-14 Cozumel, Mexico Paradise Tampa

Gavin DeGraw 21-Aug-14 Cozumel, Mexico Paradise Tampa

Kansas 15-Apr-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Sensation Orlando

Foreigner 09-May-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Sensation Orlando

Olivia Newton-John 27-Jun-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Sensation Orlando

Kansas 23-Sep-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Sensation Orlando

STYX 30-Sep-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Sensation Canaveral

Trace Adkins 14-Oct-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Sensation Orlando

Leann Rimes 28-Oct-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Sensation Orlando

Kansas 14-Nov-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Sensation Orlando

REO 16-Dec-14 Nassau, The Bahamas Sensation Orlando

Why would they announce this and then NOT post who is going on what cruise and when?!

Those are the basic questions that their followers will want to know!

I'm allways looking over cruise deals. Not that I'm interested in anything specific, just looking. Not sure how I missed it earlier but when I saw that STYX was on the Fantasy in Nassau. I booked it immediately and bought the VIP tickets.

Jim

I so hope they bring back Kathie Lee Gifford to perform! She would be perfect.

I remember so well seeing her perform 25 years or so ago in the Rainbow Room high atop Rockefeller Center. She was charming and attracted a wealthy audience of bejeweled New Jersey women and their long-suffering husbands. I paid well over $100 for that, even back then.

If they can attract stars like her, I predict the shows will be a big hit.

I seriously hope you are kidding!