"Carnival Live" Concert Cruises? Cool.

TrqoisWtrs

Seems like this is it. Still nothing to address the deficit of entertainment on your average Carnival cruise. Very disappointed.

I guess they think we are stupid.

Gradually scale back production enterrainment, replace it with ametuer hour, and then replace that with sharge for entertainment.

Raise the fares for those cruises while you're at it based in supply and demand.

Unlesspay for entertainment is rejected.

Problem is, these are all B acts, or less.

Gradually scale back production enterrainment, replace it with ametuer hour, and then replace that with sharge for entertainment.

Raise the fares for those cruises while you're at it based in supply and demand.

You describe Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride, Lady Antebellum, Daughtry and Leeann Rhimes as B acts? What pray tell would be an A act?

So it looks like these are excursions in Nassau, Cozumel and Catalina... Which is smart, so that the performers do not have to be on the ship all the time. They fly in and out. I have only found Nassau people so far. Does anyone else have Cozumel and Catalina?

CONCERT SCHEDULE:

STYX: 4/7/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

STYX: 4/8/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Kansas: 4/15/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Kansas: 4/16/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Foreigner: 5/9/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Foreigner: 5/10/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Ecstasy

Olivia Newton-John: 6/27/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Olivia Newton-John: 6/28/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Ecstasy

38 Special: 9/6/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

38 Special: 9/7/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Kansas: 9/23/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Kansas: 9/24/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

STYX: 9/29/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

STYX: 9/30/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Trace Adkins: 10/13/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Trace Adkins: 10/14/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Leann Rimes: 10/28/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Leann Rimes: 10/29/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Kansas: 11/13/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Kansas: 11/14/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Trace Adkins: 11/24/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Trace Adkins: 11/25/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Daughtry: 12/3/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Daughtry: 12/4/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

REO: 12/15/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

REO: 12/16/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

REO: 12/17/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

It seems to me that all the acts are on the Fantasy line ships that means a 3,4 or 5 day cruise is that correct and are the cruise rates the same as before the concert date?

Gary

It seems to me that all the acts are on the Fantasy line ships that means a 3,4 or 5 day cruise is that correct and are the cruise rates the same as before the concert date?

Gary

That is a partial list. There are some on the Breeze as well. I don't know what the rates were before they announced the concerts, but it is logical that rates will go up.

Also, haven't seen it posted on here yet. The complete schedule is here:

http://www.carnival.com/live-entertainment/tour-dates.aspx

I'm easy to please and don't rely on the ship's entertainment to give me a good cruise. I enjoy going to some of the shows, but it's really a small part of my cruise vacation. I do like a good concert though and for singers/groups that I enjoyed I would love to see a concert on boare. Checked out the list and there's a couple on there that might induce me into booking a little extra cruise.

I say kudos to Carnival!

I agree! I would enjoy seeing some of these groups and have in fact paid good money to see them on land .

I find a lot of people are very entitled on these boards. I wm grateful that i am fortunate to afford a nice vacation and appreciate that during tough economic times Carnival is trying to improve their entertainment.! Remember- if this is successful it encourages them to continue improvements.

That is a partial list. There are some on the Breeze as well. I don't know what the rates were before they announced the concerts, but it is logical that rates will go up.

On the Fantasy the week before I go, Styx will be there. For an oceanview cabin, the price is $449. The next week I leave and no concert and the price is $759 and has been for months. (Not that I paid that, it has just been that much for a few months). We had to go a certain week as my daughter is a social worker in a school, but I have been watching all Fantasy prices and they haven't went up at all today.

On the Fantasy the week before I go, Styx will be there. For an oceanview cabin, the price is $449. The next week I leave and no concert and the price is $759 and has been for months. (Not that I paid that, it has just been that much for a few months). We had to go a certain week as my daughter is a social worker in a school, but I have been watching all Fantasy prices and they haven't went up at all today.

Good info thanks!

I think Carnival is very savy in moving in this direction and smart in how they are rolling it out

A) they have watched how NCL has been wildly successful in designating the Pearl for full charter music cruises... in response they are testing in a very deliberate tactical manner, how to respond

B) Carnival on a regular basis, have large groups, on regular sailing, who bring their musical entertainment onboard for private concerts....when the regular cruisers, who are not a part of the group, find out who the entertainers are, they :eek:offer to pay the group organizer:eek:to pay extra to see a specific artist...of course they are refused, so Carnival knows there is the demand

C)Carnival charters out several of their Conquest class ships (Freedom, Conquest, Valor) for full Charter Jazz Cruises...many of the SuperStar acts fly in/out to do one show...our port time is extend till 1 am for this...wildly popular because you enjoy an extend port of call day and a theme night concert and party in the evening...Carnival took notice of this and figured out a way to adopt it in their 2.0 upgrade overall

D) when one ofbtheir ships had a mechanical issue while in port (forgot which one shortly after the Triump mess), they flew in a big name entertainer to do a special show and received very positive feedback

E) many Carnival guests come from parts of the Country that they don't have the opportunity to see some of the artists in question, so yes for a small surcharge they would be excited about the opportunity

This board is full of negative threads about the entertainment on Carnival ships and repeat cruisers will post they don't even bother to go to the shows anymore, Carnival tries something different and the same folks who complained are now saying it's nickle and diming them...this should not impact them in the least and they should enjoy the extend port time off the ships

Give Carnival the time to try this..if it works, they will roll it out fleet wide..if it flops they won't

I am sure to get flamed for this but I will say it anyway.

It is nice to have a different option for entertainment. And yes, there is an additional cost. HOWEVER, no one is twisting anyone's arm to go to this. So, if you don't like it, just don't go. But, some people do like the entertainers they are bringing onboard and let them enjoy it.

So, if you don't like it, just move on. No need to bad-mouth others or the company.

Can't agree with you enough. I am thinking of keeping a list of those on here who bad-mouth. Just to see if it is a success how many of them will say how great RCCL and/or NCL are when they copy it. Cause I know some who are bad-mouthing it will say the other lines are so much better then CCL when they do because they do it.

Even though I'm not a fan of any of these entertainers, I can see myself paying the $20-$40 if I happen to be on a cruise that features one of these concerts. It would actually not be a bad deal.

Someone mentioned paying $8 to see these artists at the county fair standing up in a dusty, hot field. Well $20 for a cushy seat in a small air conditioned venue sounds like a bargain in comparison!

I guess being a fan of the 80s I love all of these groups . Even the country ones I would pay to see. I laugh at people saying what a rip off , How do you figure , you don't have to go . Its like an excursion on the ship IMHO . I love it . I Just hope they keep doing it or make it a Platinum perk with a free seat :D

...the vast majority would agree that carnival is not going downhill. Just just a few, very vocal critics. It's the same handful of people who criticize carnival every chance they get. Make the same negative comments on every thread they can find. It's the same ones who make one line comments just to get their post counts up... As if a higher post count lends any kind of credibility to their comment. And then, if we agree with carnival, we're cheerleaders.

...anyway, i think the new carnival live is a great option. I would certainly pay to see a few of those performers. Concerts in a small venue are much different than shows at a stadium or arena. Like every other program, carnival is going to need to "tweek" their procedures, such as first come, first serve seating. That may be a problem, but they'll figure it out. Hopefully, they'll be able to get more acts "on board" in the future.

this!!!

Well, this is what finally pushed me to book, to see Daughtery. We have been watching the cruise for weeks now out of Jax, been debating for over a month now since we have only cruised Disney before and wanted a vacation that was cheap after a really rough year. $1260 for a 5 day Bahama vacay plus the lil extra to see Daughtery, just too perfect for us. Had a 24 hr hold this morning and then hubby paid it when I told him to go ahead tonight, price had not changed at all in the last month or since the announcement. Cant wait!!

Edited by LUCINDA574

Well, this is what finally pushed me to book, to see Daughtery. We have been watching the cruise for weeks now out of Jax, been debating for over a month now since we have only cruised Disney before and wanted a vacation that was cheap after a really rough year. $1260 for a 5 day Bahama vacay plus the lil extra to see Daughtery, just too perfect for us. Had a 24 hr hold this morning and then hubby paid it when I told him to go ahead tonight, price had not changed at all in the last month or since the announcement. Cant wait!!

Congrats!

I am shocked and horrified that you are not happy with this announcement. I would never have guessed it.

Same here except my reason to book was Lady A. I had been looking at the 6 day Breeze cruise anyway for our anniversary cruise. Adding Lady A to the mix made me pull the trigger and book. The price had not gone up since the last time I looked at it. I had front row seats to a Lady A concert that got cancelled a couple of months ago. Now I get the best of both-- a cruise and a concert.

Same here except my reason to book was Lady A. I had been looking at the 6 day Breeze cruise anyway for our anniversary cruise. Adding Lady A to the mix made me pull the trigger and book. The price had not gone up since the last time I looked at it. I had front row seats to a Lady A concert that got cancelled a couple of months ago. Now I get the best of both-- a cruise and a concert.

Oh I bet Lady A will be awesome. Have a great time. I think there will be probably be others who were on the fence on booking a cruise and the artists playing will help them decide. Extra port time for those that are not into the concerts is a great plus too!

I am shocked and horrified that you are not happy with this announcement. I would never have guessed it.

It does kind of rocks you to the core doesn't it?:cool: A def CCL cheerleader taking a negative CCL stance. Go figure.

Edited by jimbo5544

The rates are going up, and they are charging admission on top of that?