Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

I don't know, but Rhapsody was originally going to HNL, then Royal closed the sales on Rhapsody and sent it to Europe via Asia, maybe they are doing the same thing with Radiance and sending her elsewhere positioning here Voyager, Quantum (in lieu of Radiance) and Explorer. Also why isn't Royal's Australian website advertising Explorer anymore but Quantum?

Also another thought of what the technical problems could be, is when Voyager sailed the Pacific before it could only go to a few islands where it could dock. When it goes in for dry dock in October I believe they are adding tender boats to allow her to go to other islands and tender ashore. Could the island chiefs be having issues with the number of people on the islands at once (especially the remote islands).

I don't know, but Rhapsody was originally going to HNL, then Royal closed the sales on Rhapsody and sent it to Europe via Asia, maybe they are doing the same thing with Radiance and sending her elsewhere positioning here Voyager, Quantum (in lieu of Radiance) and Explorer. Also why isn't Royal's Australian website advertising Explorer anymore but Quantum?

Also another thought of what the technical problems could be, is when Voyager sailed the Pacific before it could only go to a few islands where it could dock. When it goes in for dry dock in October I believe they are adding tender boats to allow her to go to other islands and tender ashore. Could the island chiefs be having issues with the number of people on the islands at once (especially the remote islands).

Yes, tenders are planned to be fitted to Voyager. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Royal has overlooked the impact of having 3,000 people on the smaller islands. I was personally hoping they would replace Rhapsody with a Radiance class for Australia/South Pacific.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geoff and Springaussie,

Wouldn't Voyager be the wrong class of ship for Alaska. When I went to Alaska, I was (and almost everyone onboard were interested in the scenery, and the Radiance class has plenty of viewing (glassed) areas for this. On Voyager there is not the same viewing areas. Also, Radiance class ships burn a lighter grade of fuel with been a GTV vessel, than Voyager. This was commented by both captains onboard (Captain Goran at Christmas and Captain Sindre at the beginning of April)

True point.

I was thinking post dry dock upgrades for Voyager going to Alaska.

When I select Jan 2016 on the website it seems there are no sailings for Explorer, Mariner, Voyager, Radiance and Legend. Does anyone know when these are supposed to be out? Don't want to book until all the options are available. Just interested in Caribbean, but do not know which of those ships are going to be deployed there so not sure if I should wait.

Edited by CategoryQ

Just an observation. I started looking at cruises for Hawaii as my husband and I would like to go there in September 2016 or 2017. I was looking between the Radiance and Solstice to compare 2015 pricing just to give us an idea what it might cost the following September.

Why on earth is the Radiance starting at $2679 for a balcony while the Solstice is starting at $1624!! I realize that Radiance stops at 5 different places and Solstice stops at 4 with I think an overnight in Honolulu but still should that account for more than $2000.00 difference for 2 of us? I have been on a Radiance class ship before and yes they are beautiful but I've also heard that the S class ships on Celebrity are awesome. Thoughts anyone? I'm just puzzled at the price difference.

Can anyone who has sailed both give me an idea if they enjoyed the S class on Celebrity? We are diamond members so I know we will get Elite perks which would be nice :)

it's open already. just no prices online. going to call in a bit. Just started a roll call for it. :D

I can't even imagine the prices as this is an 11 day sailing and I saw the prices for the 10 day in September :eek:

I can't even imagine the prices as this is an 11 day sailing and I saw the prices for the 10 day in September :eek:

It's actually not too bad. Just booked this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The pricing is comparable to the current pricing on our upcoming September 11 day Rhapsody.

Just an observation. I started looking at cruises for Hawaii as my husband and I would like to go there in September 2016 or 2017. I was looking between the Radiance and Solstice to compare 2015 pricing just to give us an idea what it might cost the following September.

Why on earth is the Radiance starting at $2679 for a balcony while the Solstice is starting at $1624!! I realize that Radiance stops at 5 different places and Solstice stops at 4 with I think an overnight in Honolulu but still should that account for more than $2000.00 difference for 2 of us? I have been on a Radiance class ship before and yes they are beautiful but I've also heard that the S class ships on Celebrity are awesome. Thoughts anyone? I'm just puzzled at the price difference.

Can anyone who has sailed both give me an idea if they enjoyed the S class on Celebrity? We are diamond members so I know we will get Elite perks which would be nice :)

I just booked the 11 day Hawaii Radiance cruise and to get an aft corner balcony the cost was $5844.

I put a mock booking in on the Celebrity site and to get an aft balcony on the 11 day Hawaii Millennium cruise it would cost $5249. I guess it is worth it to me to pay $300 more per person to be on a ship and style of cruising that I am familiar with. :)

And you never know, the prices may drop on my cruise, they have before. We took Radiance to Hawaii in September 2012 and with senior & military discounts we moved from an inside cabin to an aft JS for about $200 pp.

Stranger thins have happened. :D

I just booked the 11 day Hawaii Radiance cruise and to get an aft corner balcony the cost was $5844.

I put a mock booking in on the Celebrity site and to get an aft balcony on the 11 day Hawaii Millennium cruise it would cost $5249. I guess it is worth it to me to pay $300 more per person to be on a ship and style of cruising that I am familiar with. :)

And you never know, the prices may drop on my cruise, they have before. We took Radiance to Hawaii in September 2012 and with senior & military discounts we moved from an inside cabin to an aft JS for about $200 pp.

Stranger thins have happened. :D

Nice! Love the aft corner balconies.....we have had JS 1100 on Serenade and have it again for our 2016 cruise on her. You can't beat the view of that wake :)

The pricing is comparable to the current pricing on our upcoming September 11 day Rhapsody.

I'd rather pay what I'm paying on the 11 day Hawaii I just booked than those outrageous prices on Quantum or Anthem that's for sure.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Erik and Bill please check with Royal to see if your April 2016 Hawaii cruise qualifies. I noticed the September 2015 Hawaii cruise did and you guys will hopefully save some $$

Edited by fish6

Good morning from ST Maarten. The cruise sales staff on Serenade have no idea when the Explorer sales will open. I had more info from you guys that posted the message from Aussie FB then they had. I'll post if I find out anything.

We start our trek across the Atlantic tomorrow.

Jo

Erik and Bill please check with Royal to see if your April 2016 Hawaii cruise qualifies. I noticed the September 2015 Hawaii cruise did and you guys will hopefully save some $$

It does qualify and saving a bundle. Waiting for the invoice from my TA but looks like about $1400. :D