Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Thanks for the heads up.

I will do further investigations.

Some ships are on other cruises when booked at Sydney. Maybe an insurance policy if some cruises do not sell well.

It was not mentioned in any of the press releases for Legend of the Seas she is visiting Sydney Summer 15/16.

I still have not ruled out Quantum of the Seas visiting Sydney 15/16 even a one off.

In 2016/17 Voyager of the Seas is departing Sydney 2359 all departures.

I will keep this thread updated.

thanks again

With all the extra ships based in, or calling at Sydney, the OPT will be operating near or at full capacity for 2015/2016 and beyond. My guess is that they are responding to this by holding more slots than they currently need - a form of gaming. This gives them options if they wanted to bring another ship like Quantum for a visit. It also makes it harder for new entrants to establish themselves and for existing entrants to add more ships, and is therefore anti-competitive behaviour.

Quantum will start her stint in Asia at a time when the Chinese economy is likely to be cooling with property prices falling and infrastructure spending slowing down. They are likely to be met by a more challenging market than the one they are currently operating in. Unfortunately that may not support the "Quantum in Australia" thesis, since the Aussie economy is now directly tied to China through commodities. I'm still hoping though. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sydney Ports has been updated and now appears to match the ships voyage for sale in 2015/16.

No Quantum for Oz:(

So.... should we start getting paranoid that someone is watching this thread, saw that we'd seen and hence why it's been updated? :confused::eek::rolleyes::D

So.... should we start getting paranoid that someone is watching this thread, saw that we'd seen and hence why it's been updated? :confused::eek::rolleyes::D

I am sure the boys and the lady in charge in the Miami Office get a laugh from this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just got an email from RCL saying 57 night Quantum of the Seas repo on sale Friday!

Now just need to see what Legend of the Seas repo will be.

57 nights? That is a very circuitous repo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume Thursday in USA because they are behind.

Below email from Royal Caribbean Australia.

Following the announcement of Quantum of the Seas’ redeployment from New York, USA to Shanghai, China we are excited to offer you a once in a lifetime opportunity to sail on her 57-night repositioning voyage. And as a valued loyalty member, you are the first to hear about it!

This is a unique opportunity to sail around the world to some of the most exciting cities in the world onboard our newest and most innovative ship, Quantum of the Seas.

The best part is that you can choose to cruise some or all of the way! There are six different back to back cruises to choose from, calling upon amazing cities including Barcelona, Dubai, Singapore and more!

The Quantum of the Seas World Tour goes on sale on Friday 16 May 2014. Staterooms are expected to sell fast, so get in quick to secure yours

Sydney Ports has been updated and now appears to match the ships voyage for sale in 2015/16.

No Quantum for Oz:(

Have been checking the web site and no Brisbane in ports when you are selecting. Do you think it will be added or are shipping visiting Brisbane from another port?

Have been checking the web site and no Brisbane in ports when you are selecting. Do you think it will be added or are shipping visiting Brisbane from another port?

The only visit to Sydney of Legend of the Seas based on media releases is the repo stop on 11 June 2015 Fort Lauderdale to Singapore.

Brisbane Ports only has the 2014 cruise ship visits.

http://www.portbris.com.au/shipping-operations/shipping-schedule

I'm currently booked on two legs of the Explorer repo. Would love to change it to the Quantum.

From the email saying

"Amazing cities including Barcelona, Dubai, Sinapore", it seems it will follow the Explorer route.

I get on Explorer in Barcelona, go through Dubai and get off in Singapore..

Fingers crossed I can jump ship!! 😄

I'm currently booked on two legs of the Explorer repo. Would love to change it to the Quantum.

From the email saying

"Amazing cities including Barcelona, Dubai, Sinapore", it seems it will follow the Explorer route.

I get on Explorer in Barcelona, go through Dubai and get off in Singapore..

Fingers crossed I can jump ship!! 😄

This is what I want to do. A bit of repo on the Quantum, and a bit on the Explorer, so I won't be so long from home. Just waiting for the Quantum itinerary to come out and make my final decision.

I assume Thursday in USA because they are behind.

Below email from Royal Caribbean Australia.

Following the announcement of Quantum of the Seas’ redeployment from New York, USA to Shanghai, China we are excited to offer you a once in a lifetime opportunity to sail on her 57-night repositioning voyage. And as a valued loyalty member, you are the first to hear about it!

This is a unique opportunity to sail around the world to some of the most exciting cities in the world onboard our newest and most innovative ship, Quantum of the Seas.

The best part is that you can choose to cruise some or all of the way! There are six different back to back cruises to choose from, calling upon amazing cities including Barcelona, Dubai, Singapore and more!

The Quantum of the Seas World Tour goes on sale on Friday 16 May 2014. Staterooms are expected to sell fast, so get in quick to secure yours

Just received email from RCI postponing the sale date to 23 May - it reads

... Correction: The Quantum of the Seas World Tour goes on sale on Friday, 23 May, and not Friday 16 May as first stipulated in an email sent on 14 May. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. ...

Just received email from RCI postponing the sale date to 23 May - it reads

... Correction:The Quantum of the Seas World Tour goes on sale on Friday, 23 May, and not Friday 16 May as first stipulated in an email sent on 14 May. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. ...

Of course it was - why should this be any different than other so-called release schedules? :rolleyes:

Announced today, Legend and Mariner to sail year 'round from Singapore starting in summer 2015. See travelbizmonitor.com
They're kinda tag teaming. While Mariner is in Singapore, Legend will be in Australia. And when Mariner leaves Singapore to go to China, Legend will reposition up to replace her in Singapore.

We are now set for 2015 - 2016. While onboard the Jewel the last tow weeks we booked the Jewel for a Panama Canal in Oct 2015 and the Celebrity Solstice for Hawaii - Vancouver for April 2016. That in addition to our May 2015 Oasis cruise! I see OT in my future!!!:eek:

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/11112-quantums-global-odyssey.html

Royal Caribbean International today announced the details of the Quantum of the Seas’ global odyssey, a 53-night journey, departing May 2, 2015, from the New York-metropolitan area to its new home in Shanghai (Baoshan), China. Royal Caribbean said in a prepared statement that the Quantum will take its never-before-seen-at-sea experience globally after the ship’s inaugural winter season in New York from Nov. 2014 through Apr. 2015. Guests sailing the entire Quantum voyage to the other side of the globe will be a part of history as the arrival of Quantum is celebrated at some of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities along the way. The Quantum global odyssey will open for sale on May 20, 2014, for Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society loyalty members and on May 22 for the general public. Quantum of the Seas will sail for nearly two months, crossing the Atlantic Ocean, the Mediterranean, Arabian Gulf and Indian Ocean. Alternatively, vacationers can choose among five sailings, ranging from three to 16 nights, which comprise the Quantum Global Odyssey: An 11-night trans-Atlantic crossing from Cape Liberty to Spain, departing May 2, 2015, from Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne, N.J., to Barcelona, with calls at Ponta Delgada, Azores; and Cartagena and Palma De Mallorca. A 16-night Suez Canal – Barcelona to Dubai itinerary, departing May 13, with calls at Rome (Civitavecchia) and Naples/Capri, Italy; Athens (Piraeus), Greece; and Aqaba, Jordan. A 14-night India & Southeast Asia itinerary, departing May 29, featuring overnights in Dubai, Cochin, and Singapore, as well as calls at Muscat, and Penang. A 3-night Short Malaysia itinerary, departing roundtrip from Singapore on June 12 , calling at Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang). And a nine-night Exotic Asia itinerary that departs June 15 from Singapore to Shanghai (Baoshan), China, with calls at Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Xiamen and an overnight in Hong Kong.