Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard where in Asia Voyager and Mariner will be deployed May 2015 to October 2015?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, but Singapore and Hong Kong would be the most likely homeports, wouldn't they?

We have booked a JS on the May 2015 Legend Ensenada to Honolulu repo :D:D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like Quantum of the Sea will be in the Bermuda Triangle of Asia from June 2015. Only catering for the Chinese.

The only thing remotely possible is a longer cruise during the Winter maybe to Australia or Singapore. But I have my doubts.

“All China-based RCL ships will be filled with Chinese sourced passengers. China will represent about 6-10 percent of global 2014-15 capacity for RCL. Chinese consumers want the best and pay premiums (ticket and on board).

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-execs-bullish-on-future-of-quantum-ships-chinese-cruising.html

Looks like Quantum of the Sea will be in the Bermuda Triangle of Asia from June 2015. Only catering for the Chinese.

The only thing remotely possible is a longer cruise during the Winter maybe to Australia or Singapore. But I have my doubts.

“All China-based RCL ships will be filled with Chinese sourced passengers. China will represent about 6-10 percent of global 2014-15 capacity for RCL. Chinese consumers want the best and pay premiums (ticket and on board).

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-execs-bullish-on-future-of-quantum-ships-chinese-cruising.html

Here's my thinking:

By the time Quantum enters China, their boom times will have ended. Some Quantum cruises to Singapore in the northern winter are entirely possible (probable?).

For Quantum to come to Australia though, there would probably need to be an economic downturn in China. This is occurring now, with their property bubble deflating, although the depth of the downturn will depend on how readily the Chinese government stimulates their economy. It really is beyond Royal's control.

Here's my thinking:

By the time Quantum enters China, their boom times will have ended. Some Quantum cruises to Singapore in the northern winter are entirely possible (probable?).

For Quantum to come to Australia though, there would probably need to be an economic downturn in China. This is occurring now, with their property bubble deflating, although the depth of the downturn will depend on how readily the Chinese government stimulates their economy. It really is beyond Royal's control.

When do you think royal will anounce the rest of the singapore itineraries for 2015. I only know of the 10 night cruises on Legend

Edited by Ethanol95

When do you think royal will anounce the rest of the singapore itineraries for 2015. I only know of the 10 night cruises on Legend

It will be soon simply because most of their competitor's have released their itins for 2015/16 already, whilst the last Mariner cruise currently on sale is in March 2015, only 9 months away, and no Voyager 2015 Asia itins at all are released (except the Freo repo). Royal would not want to be in this position. The Quantum surprise redeployment and planning for Legend's deployment has surely forced a re-think on itineraries for Mariner and Voyager.

We're eagerly awaiting their release as we are planning to cruise in Asia Dec 2015 or Jan 2016. Currently, the best for us is an 11 or 15 night on Sapphire Princess :) They better get on with it, or I'll go ahead and book this one. Are you listening Royal?

It will be soon simply because most of their competitor's have released their itins for 2015/16 already, whilst the last Mariner cruise currently on sale is in March 2015, only 9 months away, and no Voyager 2015 Asia itins at all are released (except the Freo repo). Royal would not want to be in this position. The Quantum surprise redeployment and planning for Legend's deployment has surely forced a re-think on itineraries for Mariner and Voyager.

We're eagerly awaiting their release as we are planning to cruise in Asia Dec 2015 or Jan 2016. Currently, the best for us is an 11 or 15 night on Sapphire Princess :) They better get on with it, or I'll go ahead and book this one. Are you listening Royal?

Thats good. I sure hope they are listening! Wondering IF royal decides to have singapore as a constant port of call or even a home base for part of the year next year, what itineraries she would sail. Hopefully mpre 7 nights and to new and more exotic places rather than port klang and phuket

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Thats good. I sure hope they are listening! Wondering IF royal decides to have singapore as a constant port of call or even a home base for part of the year next year, what itineraries she would sail. Hopefully mpre 7 nights and to new and more exotic places rather than port klang and phuket

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Agree completely - we want longer itineraries and more choice - Brunei, KK... With the extra capacity they have now allocated to the region, they can deliver this. Rhe Legend cruises are a decent start, but of course she and Voyager are both in Australia for the southern summer, so if you want to cruise Asia at that time... Well they've got an opportunity to help us with Mariner!

I'd be very surprised if Singapore wasn't a home port for a large part of next year.

The 2014/15 Mariner of the Seas Singapore season was released for sale in October 2013.

Asians book cruises much closer to sail date then the rest of the globe.

So then what is left to be released?

The 2014/15 Mariner of the Seas Singapore season was released for sale in October 2013.

Asians book cruises much closer to sail date then the rest of the globe.

Interesting. Their competitors don't seem to differentiate.

Maybe Royal is on to something... Nah, they just couldn't get their act together. :)

Interesting. Their competitors don't seem to differentiate.

Maybe Royal is on to something... Nah, they just couldn't get their act together. :)

You never know what will happen with Royal! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Looking at the 10 day Vision from FTL with stops in Charleston & Bermuda for 2016. Will this schedule be released Spring 2015 or *hopefully* earlier? I hope they continue this itinerary.

If you are looking for cruises after April 2016, then they are likely to be released Spring 2015.

Looking at the 10 day Vision from FTL with stops in Charleston & Bermuda for 2016. Will this schedule be released Spring 2015 or *hopefully* earlier? I hope they continue this itinerary.

I heard no, with Vision going to Europe for spring/summer season then back to Tampa full-time (not Ft Lauderdale). Maybe another ship? And then there are the rumours (yet again :p) of Majesty leaving after it's current final sail date listed (Apr 2016) so would Vision or another ship take over that itinerary?

I would think RCL will want to filter Bermuda bound cruisers to the Anthem if/when Bermuda gets there act together with the dredging issues.

You're right about the 10 day itinerary. I'm looking at it really hard for a last minute booking either this or next month. Early predictions figured there would be major discounts (because it goes to Nassau, and the first night in Bermuda is almost wasted as a "day" in port) but it's risen in price almost double from what I remember the last few months.

I can point out that when Enchantment did a short season of 8-day Bermuda + Boston + Rhode Island itineraries in 2012 for the first time there was a lot of positive feedback there too, but that trip was never again repeated either.

Just before a group of Aussies book later this week is anymore updates on Explorer of the Seas Trans Atlantic available.

The latest I have heard non revenue to Cadiz in March 2015.

The group would prefer Voyager/Freedom class.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/11252-royal-caribbean-opens-hk-office-voyager-set-for-summer-2015-season.html

RCI confirms that Voyager will homeport for 22 sailings from Hong Kong the summer of 2015.

Has the revitalization been moved to just prior to this season possibly?

To ensure that we truly dazzle Hong Kong vacationers, who are sophisticated and trend-setting travelers, Voyager of the Seas will undergo an extensive bow-to-stern revitalization before she arrives in Hong Kong next summer.”

Something to keep an eye on for future deployments starting 2016.

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201406160018.aspx

This, along with the 'mega-project' in Malaysia announced earlier this year, should signal that one of the Oasis class will be home-ported in Asia.

https://www.worldcityweb.com/news/south-florida-business-news/11313-royal-caribbean-cruises-expand-in-asia-investing-in-Malaysia

This, along with the 'mega-project' in Malaysia announced earlier this year, should signal that one of the Oasis class will be home-ported in Asia.

https://www.worldcityweb.com/news/south-florida-business-news/11313-royal-caribbean-cruises-expand-in-asia-investing-in-Malaysia

All these Royal Caribbean ships within 8 hours flying from here in Brisbane is just growing.

Asians please keep your gambling up on Royal Caribbean!

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/11252-royal-caribbean-opens-hk-office-voyager-set-for-summer-2015-season.html

RCI confirms that Voyager will homeport for 22 sailings from Hong Kong the summer of 2015.

Has the revitalization been moved to just prior to this season possibly?

To ensure that we truly dazzle Hong Kong vacationers, who are sophisticated and trend-setting travelers, Voyager of the Seas will undergo an extensive bow-to-stern revitalization before she arrives in Hong Kong next summer.”

Voyager arrives Tokyo 25 April 2015 after 4 repo cruises from Sydney.

Is it number 5 to China this day?