Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

It would be a big, big upset if Southampton is left empty handed in 2016.

We've had the Independence for years, and in the past couple of years it's been backed up by a Voyager class ship. Next year the Independence makes way for the Anthem, still backed up by a Voyager ship (Explorer instead of Adventure) but in 2016, at the moment, it's looking grim.

The 3 Oasis class ships are slated for FLL, Barcelona, and Asia. Anthem will be in New Jersey, Quantum will be in Asia and all 3 of the freedom class vessels look set to be doing the Caribbean. Of the Voyager class ships you're looking at two of them in Asia, and at least two in the states, one probably will do Eastern Med and middle East type itineraries.

Quantum 3 is the kicker. If it's even ready for summer 2016 I'm not sure Royal would launch a ship out of the UK.

So, at very best we're looking at the new Quantum ship and a Radiance class ship sailing from the UK. Looks like the Asian breakthrough is really screwing us British cruisers over. Ah well, having the Allure in Europe should be worth a flight to Barcelona for.

I agree, and I would like a ship year round again, Those Easter cruises on Indy were the best. The Asians would prefer Quantum 3 over Explorer surely?

We could have EX in Southampton year round

I agree, and I would like a ship year round again, Those Easter cruises on Indy were the best. The Asians would prefer Quantum 3 over Explorer surely?

We could have EX in Southampton year round

Yes, although Quantum is already moving to Shanghai for year round service in Asia. I don't think Royal woud operate 2 Quantum's in the one region at the same time, so they'll probably continue using other classes of ships as well. I think an Oasis class will be deployed there before long.

We were on the Navigator two weeks ago in the Caribbean and docked alongside the Allure in Cozumel. Holy cow, they are big - it dwarfed the Navigator!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, although Quantum is already moving to Shanghai for year round service in Asia. I don't think Royal woud operate 2 Quantum's in the one region at the same time, so they'll probably continue using other classes of ships as well. I think an Oasis class will be deployed there before long.

We were on the Navigator two weeks ago in the Caribbean and docked alongside the Allure in Cozumel. Holy cow, they are big - it dwarfed the Navigator!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As this is all speculation I would think that as far as the Quantum ships go that once the third one is released that RCI is back to its initial plan that they did announce for the Qunatum class ships.

Anthem - NJ year round

Quantum - Asia year round

Qunatum 3 - Southhampton for the summer and FLL for the winter

The plan just got messed up a bit by the delay in dredging of Bermuda which affected the summer sailings out if NJ which accelerated plans for a Quantum ship to Asia.

I wish RC would resume its British Isles cruise, whether out of Southampton, Harwich, or Copenhagen. I know Celebrity has Brirish Isles cruises, but they are longer than what RC used to offer. If you cruise on Celebrity, you don't get Crown and Anchor points.

I do too - we went on a British Isles cruise on Brilliance several years ago and it was fantastic. We liked our day in Scotland so much we went back for a land tour.

That's the reason they are almost sold out. Less cruises means more bookings and higher prices.

There are three cruises - 8 days Vancouver to LA then 2 7 day LA to LA. Prices are still reasonable. Check the web site.

I do too - we went on a British Isles cruise on Brilliance several years ago and it was fantastic. We liked our day in Scotland so much we went back for a land tour.

They had one last year

Think they will still do odd ones

Yes they are fantastic itineraries

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I understand it Navigator is replacing Liberty in Fort Lauderdale. I am not pleased.

Not technically... Independence is the one taking over Liberty's itineraries in Fort Lauderdale... and Navigator is taking over for Independence.

Actually Independence will be staying in Fort Lauderdale next summer (instead of heading back to England like she normally does) after her normal Winter 2014-2015 string of 6 and 8 night cruises from Fort Lauderdale. Independence will be sticking around to take over Allure's 7 night cruises in Summer 2015 while Allure is in Europe.

Then, in Fall/Winter 2015-2016, Independence will be taking over the 4 and 5 night cruises from Fort Lauderdale which Liberty has been doing for the past few years. So it is Independence which is replacing Liberty from Port Everglades.

Navigator is being brought in for Winter 2015-2016 to take over Independence's 6 and 8 night cruises over the winter months from Fort Lauderdale. These were the slots which were supposed to be going to Anthem. When they decided to ship Quantum off to China and split Anthem between England and New York instead of England and Fort Lauderdale, they needed a ship to fill the hole in the schedule. Navigator was the choice.

Personally, I really like Navigator. I just hope 80 extra cabins they added since I was on her don't make the ship seem too crowded.

How about the new Quantum class ship - Anthem is it? Isn't it due to come out late 2015? When will it appear for booking? Where will it go?

Have read that the Anthem goes to New Jersey, an Quantum to China.

Quantum. Mariner, Legend and Voyager in Asia 2015 must be getting close to going on sale soon.

I assume they will start with Quantum.

The only other wild card would be an Explorer Trans Atlantic, but people in the know have reported it is running non revenue to Cadiz to this forum.

Anything else to go on sale that I have missed for the 15/16 deployment season?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So what do we actually know as of yet 2016 wise, and what is just speculation?

Oasis OTS: Asia/Australia???

Allure OTS: Western Med out of Barcelona summer, Caribbean out of FLL winter

New Oasis class ship: Fort Lauderdale year round

Quantum OTS: Shanghai year round

Anthem OTS: Cape Liberty year round

New Quantum class ship: Year round Southampton maybe?

Majesty OTS: Will this even be a royal ship anymore?

I think either the new (3rd) Oasis or new (3rd) Quantum class will actually be out of Port Canaveral. RCCL just ponnied up a large some of addtional money and are adding a 3rd ship...but only added Explorer for Winter 2015 as of now.... nothing on the 2016 schedule for that new terminal.

Why have 3 Oasis work out of Ft Lauderdale...let alone 2?

I could see the Oasis more than the Quantum....but I do think...1 of them...is going to Canaveral. Its a rapdily growing port and huge pull for southeast US cruisers as it is drivable and not as far as Miami/Lauderdale.

I think either the new (3rd) Oasis or new (3rd) Quantum class will actually be out of Port Canaveral. RCCL just ponnied up a large some of addtional money and are adding a 3rd ship...but only added Explorer for Winter 2015 as of now.... nothing on the 2016 schedule for that new terminal.

I could see the Oasis more than the Quantum....but I do think...1 of them...is going to Canaveral. Its a rapdily growing port and huge pull for southeast US cruisers as it is drivable and not as far as Miami/Lauderdale.

When did I say they'd have 3 at FLL? Oasis is going to leave

When did I say they'd have 3 at FLL? Oasis is going to leave

We will see...all speculation. The money has been spent at Canaveral and its ready in 2015.

The "Malaysia Project" and other things are still in the works and not slated as fast. We will see. I dont see Oasis in Asia... Permanently in UK or Med, Barcelona...yes....Asia, no.

and Quantum will already be there (asia)...so we know Quantum #3 isnt going there.

I think a lot of people underestimate the Port Canaveral growth and draw from depatures from SE US cruisers...its driveable from a large portion of the SE part of the US...many cruise out of there and tampa because if it. Not to mention proximity to Orlando. It also can still hit all the standard caribbean stops from there like FLL. All this with the consideration RCCL is almost completely getting out of Miami except for Majesty....

Edited by Deptacon

Any predictions on Allure?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Dont know but pretty sure one of the Oasis...maybe not until Oasis IV, is going to stay in Europe fulltime....

Also CruiserDude...notice you have done several Oasis class cruises exclusivley lately...I have not done one yet. Assuming something you loved about them compared to previous cruises that have made you stick to them? I loved Freedom, which is the biggest non Oasis I have been on. Want to do an Oasis...hate the Oasis premium included in pricing :(

Edited by Deptacon

Dont know but pretty sure one of the Oasis...maybe not until Oasis IV, is going to stay in Europe fulltime....

Also CruiserDude...notice you have done several Oasis class cruises exclusivley lately...I have not done one yet. Assuming something you loved about them compared to previous cruises that have made you stick to them? I loved Freedom, which is the biggest non Oasis I have been on. Want to do an Oasis...hate the Oasis premium included in pricing :(

Well when I was on liberty I was 14 and 15, and I'm 20 now as I got to about 17 that's when I got really big into cruising. We're looking into Freedom next year then I'd like to do Allure eastern if it's available

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We will see...all speculation. The money has been spent at Canaveral and its ready in 2015.

The "Malaysia Project" and other things are still in the works and not slated as fast. We will see. I dont see Oasis in Asia... Permanently in UK or Med, Barcelona...yes....Asia, no.

and Quantum will already be there (asia)...so we know Quantum #3 isnt going there.

I think a lot of people underestimate the Port Canaveral growth and draw from depatures from SE US cruisers...its driveable from a large portion of the SE part of the US...many cruise out of there and tampa because if it. Not to mention proximity to Orlando. It also can still hit all the standard caribbean stops from there like FLL. All this with the consideration RCCL is almost completely getting out of Miami except for Majesty....

In support of your theory on Port Canaveral I agree with you that RCI is spending those dollars to bring a bigger ship there at some point. They probably wouldn't have signed a ten year deal with options for the new terminal if it was for only the Freedom Class or smaller class ships.

Below is the link to the new terminal construction web-cam. A lot has been done so far and its very interesting to see the changes.

http://webcampub.multivista.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=aPublicWebcam.embed&WebcamPublicEmbedUID=873D8514-F022-46B4-94F1-2FDB6070F759&width=&height

More likely that they would have the original Oasis out of Port C.