Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Good work picking up the East Australia port stops weeks ago springaussie.

Looks like royal have granted my wish for a So Cali (San Diego)? to Sydney TP to consider too.

Hope the Asia itineraries include longer HK to Singapore trips via Vietnam/Thaliand.

Thanks Royal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geoff - some clues for your repo here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/content/en_OC_reg/pdf/legend-of-the-seas-brisbane.pdf

"As a prelude to her Brisbane season, Legend of the Seas will also briefly visit east coast Australia in June as she makes her way across the Pacific Ocean from California to Asia.

The Brisbane program will go on sale in mid-May and guests will be able to choose from an array of 17 attractive itineraries ranging from two to 14 nights to the South Pacific islands, Queensland and New Zealand – plus exotic repositioning cruises between Hong Kong and Brisbane. "

And looks like she's destined to sail the Qld coastal cruises a bit but could be interesting where else she stops on those itineraries but happy to see NZ included in the above explanation. "Legend of the Seas will also make ten calls at the combined Queensland ports of Cairns and Airlie Beach."

Good work picking up the East Australia port stops weeks ago springaussie.

Looks like royal have granted my wish for a So Cali (San Diego)? to Sydney TP to consider too.

Hope the Asia itineraries include longer HK to Singapore trips via Vietnam/Thaliand.

Thanks Royal!

Thanks Geoff.

It will be interesting with the Jones Rule how the USA mainland to Australia is done.

Maybe 1 cruise.

LAX to SYD.

Geoff - some clues for your repo here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/content/en_OC_reg/pdf/legend-of-the-seas-brisbane.pdf

"As a prelude to her Brisbane season, Legend of the Seas will also briefly visit east coast Australia in June as she makes her way across the Pacific Ocean from California to Asia.

The Brisbane program will go on sale in mid-May and guests will be able to choose from an array of 17 attractive itineraries ranging from two to 14 nights to the South Pacific islands, Queensland and New Zealand – plus exotic repositioning cruises between Hong Kong and Brisbane. "

And looks like she's destined to sail the Qld coastal cruises a bit but could be interesting where else she stops on those itineraries but happy to see NZ included in the above explanation. "Legend of the Seas will also make ten calls at the combined Queensland ports of Cairns and Airlie Beach."

Thanks Geoff.

It will be interesting with the Jones Rule how the USA mainland to Australia is done.

Maybe 1 cruise.

LAX to SYD.

Thanks madelk and springaussie. Re: Jones Rule, the alternative to a single LAX/SAN to SYD cruise is to split it into So Cali to Tahiti then Tahiti to Sydney. About 20 days end to end I guess.

Overall, this year's deployment is great news for Aussie cruises :)

Ok than I think she might do a Long repositioning from the West Coast to Australia via Hawaii and South Pacific...

In 2015/16 I also miss the 14 night New Zealand cruises offered by Radiance in 2014/15.

In 2015/16 I think Explorer offers them.

The Australia/NZ deployment of Celebrity is more appealing to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Welcome to Brisbane Royal Caribbean!

Great to see my city is now a turn around port. It will be fun going to the South Pacific.

Adam Goldstein certainly has had his paddle out to the USA market this deployment season.

Wow, that is certainly apparent!:o Good for the folks down under though.:)

Legend of the Seas is booked into Hilo Hawaii 20 May 2015.

If Legend departs FLL April 29, takes 2 weeks to get to San Diego via Panama arriving May 13, there is a further 7 days to Hilo. I think the steaming time would only be 3 or 4 days, leaving a few spare days for... what? Stops at San Francisco & Ensenada or a couple of Mexico ports maybe? Hilo is the most Easterly port in HI, so it would be the first stop in HI.

Arrival in Sydney is June 11, roughly 21 days after Hilo, allowing for a few port calls in HI, turnaround in HNL and then repo to Sydney.

Has anyone picked up any other Legend port entries between Cali and Sydney?

Sad News for NOLA.

Greg,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately Royal Caribbean International will not be operating from New Orleans in the 2015/16 winter season.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President & Chief Operating Officer

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

(305) 539 6082

Thanks madelk and springaussie. Re: Jones Rule, the alternative to a single LAX/SAN to SYD cruise is to split it into So Cali to Tahiti then Tahiti to Sydney. About 20 days end to end I guess.

Overall, this year's deployment is great news for Aussie cruises :)

Even more juicy details in this post on another thread Geoff :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42694780&postcount=21

Even more juicy details in this post on another thread Geoff :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42694780&postcount=21

Thanks for highlighting this thread madelk. :)

Hawaii itinerary is of interest as we will be in the US around May next year. I wonder if Royal will offer a transfer from San Diego airport to Ensenada.

Thanks for highlighting this thread madelk. :)

Hawaii itinerary is of interest as we will be in the US around May next year. I wonder if Royal will offer a transfer from San Diego airport to Ensenada.

They sure will....it will be on a variety of large buses across the Mexican border. :D:):D

We did it in the reverse a few years ago. :)

They sure will....it will be on a variety of large buses across the Mexican border. :D:):D

We did it in the reverse a few years ago. :)

Excellent! :D.

Just need the cruise pricing and decide whether we'll do this one or Alaska a month later :)

Excellent! :D.

Just need the cruise pricing and decide whether we'll do this one or Alaska a month later :)

Our bus was so cold...that it might have been Alaska. And apparently our driver was very fond of Frank Sinatra (or thought that we were) and it was piped in loudly through all the bus speakers for the entire ride.

It is a pretty drive down the coast, once you get past Tijuana. Make sure you sit on the right.

:)

Edited by Coralc

Our bus was so cold...that it might have been Alaska. And apparently our driver was very fond of Frank Sinatra (or thought that we were) and it was piped in loudly through all the bus speakers for the entire ride.

It is a pretty drive down the coast, once you get past Tijuana.

:)

Funny start to your cruise. Were you singing New York New york all the way to Hawaii. :)

I see some cruises use Ensenada as the foreign port to address Jones Rule. I wonder why Royal are not (apparently) doing this by departing from San Diego, stopping at Ensenada for half an hour and then heading west. Maybe that no longer qualifies?

It was at the end of our cruise geof. And we never did figure that part out. Passengers had to disembark in Ensenada and all of them take the buses.

Meanwhile...the ship sailed on to San Diego without passengers. The crew had a big party during the very short cruise. They all come up to the passenger deck. The ship was already in port in San Diego as we boarded the plane to fly home. :) Sorry O/T you can get back to deployment.

Edited by Coralc

When can we expect Quantum's repositioning itinerary to China?

Keep an eye on the last 2 Quantum cruises on sale now.

NA Australian RCCL website last 2 cruises in April 2015

NA UK and USA website last cruise April 2015

All cruises open on a major cruise website.

Keep an eye on the last 2 Quantum cruises on sale now.

NA Australian RCCL website last 2 cruises in April 2015

NA UK and USA website last cruise April 2015

All cruises open on a major cruise website.

Interesting post.

I have watched the April 24/15 sailing on the RCI website go from N/A to being available. I first noticed the N/A at least 6 weeks before the Quantum CHina announcement.

Now I am booked on the April 12 the second to last Quantum sailing and have been since the day it opened for bookings. It is heavily booked.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread and any info you can share. I just checked the RCI website and indeed the April 24/15 sailing is again showing N/A

It is interesting that in 2015 there will be 4 ships in Asia!!! :eek: while in 2014 there are only two, the capacity of passengers will be increased dramatically... By the new Quantum and the smaller Legend than...

BTW: interesting deployment: 3 mega ships with more than 3500 passengers and Legend with around 2000...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Quantum of the Seas is booked into Rome 15 May 2015 0700 - 1900.

From Porto Venere to Genova.

Good pick up. So the repo is through the Suez and Singapore?

If it's in Civitavecchia on May 15, I agree that the writing is on the wall for the April 25 cruise and possibly the cruise prior.......

I'm estimating the call in Singapore around about 6 June approx

Edited by timtam2