Wwyd?

Here's the breakdown: DH and I have been on Oasis, Liberty, Indy and majesty 4 times. We are looking to take a reasonable vacation (sans our then-2 year old) The prices for the timeframe we are looking at for the 5 night Liberty cruises are crazy cheap, ($850 total) the 7 nights on Freedom are $1197 total and Oasis/Allure are around $1500. All for inside rooms. Our last cruise in November was on Indy and we kind of felt tired of the Freedom class, but we also had our 1 year old with us and it felt like work while on vacation. lol We loved Oasis and would do it again if the price was just a little bit lower. On our oasis cruise we paid $2100 for a balcony and that was in 2009. We liked the idea of Liberty only because we haven't seen Sat Night Fever yet. (we got married on LOS in 2011 before they added it) We kind of feel like 5 nights is too short. What would you all do? Go on 7 nights on Freedom or wait to see if a price drop happens on oasis?

When we were trying to get a better price on Oasis, back in the day, we went for a guarantee inside, which at that time was cheaper than booking a specific inside cabin. We ended up in an ocean view (window, no balcony) and were actually very pleased with it. Check and see what the guarantee cabin prices are going for, compared to booking an inside outright.

Can you do Indy b2b, or is that too long to leave the little one (been there, couldn't get away with that, I get it,;))

If not, you could do the 5 night but add 2 nights on land pre or post cruise, even though the cruise would be shorter you'd have more vacation to look forward to. But that might be as much money as just going for the 7 night.

Honestly, the whole cruise will feel more fun sans child no matter what ship you sail- as we used to say, traveling with the kids "all of the hassles; non of the conveniences" it certainly didnt stop us from doing it (our kids have been to 4 of 7 continents) but it's not the romantic get away that being on your own can be :D

How about whatever Radiance class ship is going from Tampa? You would never have been on this class of ship and they are truly beautiful...and more ocean oriented than the Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships. No Royal promenade, but so much more ocean views and opening the ship up to the outside. I LOVE the Radiance class ships!

Remember you need to factor in the airfare cost, so a 5 day might not be so cheap after you prorate things out. How about checking out other options out of the NYC area or Baltimore since you live within easy driving distance? Another great option would be an adults only all inclusive since you are looking to get away sans child. This way, there would be zero kids around.

Liberty and Freedom are both about $170 per night in your case and since you think the 5 night isn't long enough then I would say Freedom is the way to go. Not sure how far out you are looking at in terms of the dates but then you can keep an eye on the pricing to see if one of the three drops enough to warrant a switch. IMHO you can't go wrong with any of the choice.

While I love my kids and greatly enjoyed being around them when they were little, trips DW and I took alone were valuable and meaningful for a whole bunch of reasons. Since this that kind of trip, don't break the bank, but make it as special as possible. Pick the cruise you really want and enjoy the time with one another.

[of course if you are like us you will probably spend at least half the time talking about the kids anyway]