If you have FTTF how late can you debark?

needabreakcanada

If you don't want to get off the ship early you can go to Guest Services the night before and they can switch out your luggage tags for you.

There will be no lunch on the ship that day for passengers disembarking, only breakfast.

I think if you just wait and remain on the ship without switching out your luggage tags can mean your luggage will just sit in the terminal with a better chance of being mistakenly taken by another passenger.

• 1 month later...

LOL!!

Thank you for asking this question and thank you everyone for answering!!! We have been looking into F2F but I was hesitant for this exact reason. We want to be told to leave on the last day! We have a small drive home and nothing to do on the way, our kids will be sad to go and I don't want to hold anyone up.. I think we will be calling the TA tomorrow and seeing about getting it added..

LOL!!

Thank you for asking this question and thank you everyone for answering!!! We have been looking into F2F but I was hesitant for this exact reason. We want to be told to leave on the last day! We have a small drive home and nothing to do on the way, our kids will be sad to go and I don't want to hold anyone up.. I think we will be calling the TA tomorrow and seeing about getting it added..

You have to add it yourself online. If there are any left for your cruise, it will be listed as an excursion from the port of departure. It's $49.95 per cabin and even though it says it's per person, you only have to buy it for one person in the cabin. If none show up for your cruise, keep checking back daily as sometimes they will add more, especially when it gets closer to your cruise. Sometimes people have bought it will back out or get upgraded and not need it anymore.

You have to add it yourself online. If there are any left for your cruise, it will be listed as an excursion from the port of departure. It's $49.95 per cabin and even though it says it's per person, you only have to buy it for one person in the cabin. If none show up for your cruise, keep checking back daily as sometimes they will add more, especially when it gets closer to your cruise. Sometimes people have bought it will back out or get upgraded and not need it anymore.

Thanks so much! I just went online and was able to get both our cabins FTTF!! Now, just to reprint all the paperwork and luggage tags.. (I think my DH will kill me soon.. Especially if I make anymore changes or ponder any...)

I notice on FTTF you can choose when to debark (in which group).

How late can you debark?

Can you get lunch on the ship that day before you leave?

Thanks, (late plane time)

FTTF allows you the privilege of early debarkation if you choose to, but doesn't afford you any special permission to debark late. They usually start embarkation of the next cruise around 11 AM if possible, so they will want you off the ship a while before that. There's no need to switch your luggage tags. You are free to debark any time after your debarkation number is called up to the point where everyone has to be off.

You might consider a Carnival excursion for debarkation day. They will pick you up at the port, keep your luggage safe, entertain you, and then drop you at the airport in time for your late flight. I've done that before when I had a late flight and really enjoyed it. The air boat rides in the Everglades are really interesting if you are going to be sailing from southern Florida.

Edited by winddawn

You can remain on the ship until they make the announcement for everyone to leave which will probably be between 10 and 1030am.

I have been told to leave more than a few times.

What do you do until then?

We carry our own luggage off (even though it seems enormous!). I don't want to spend part of our last afternoon/evening packing since the bags have to be in the hallway that evening.

I pack late the last night. In the morning, we shower, finish the last minute packing stuff then go to the lido for breakfast. Take one last walk around the deck , sit somewhere and relax.

We leave about 10:00. There are plenty of other people leaving then too. Still a line to get off the ship & through customs.

If we have to catch a flight, I make sure it is noon or later.

By Stewart?

You can remain on the ship until they make the announcement for everyone to leave which will probably be between 10 and 1030am.

I have been told to leave more than a few times.

Edited by awhcruiser