Enchantment of the Seas – January 17-20 – Nassau and Coco Cay Weekend Cruise Review

mpoole3

Are there not any umbrellas on coco cay? I saw at barefoot beach there was a few of the grass hut type but it didn't look like any on the main beach. We will be going with our 4.5 year old son so now I'm thinking of packing some shade for him.

There are a few umbrellas at Coco Cay, but I'd recommend you get off first thing to ensure you get one. I don't think there are very many on the island.

Have a great time! :D

Any chance any recent passanger has the 3 day compasses or menus?

Do you remember the menu's or have copies of the cruise compass? What activities do you recommend from the ship?

Sorry I no longer save the cruise compass.

But I recommend:

Captains party free bubbles Night 2 from 7:30-8:30

Top deck Pool party/Dancing Night 2 as you sail out of Nassau 11pm-2am

Quest game show (Do NOT miss this!) Night 3 at 11:30

As for as the main shows I actually didn't go to any on this cruise because it was so short.

Hope this helps a little. :D

Michael

Awesome review, thanks.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the kind words! I always have a lot of fun posting post-reviews online to share with everyone.

Be on the lookout for my Brilliance review in a few weeks!

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
Are there not any umbrellas on coco cay? I saw at barefoot beach there was a few of the grass hut type but it didn't look like any on the main beach. We will be going with our 4.5 year old son so now I'm thinking of packing some shade for him.

You can rent the umbrellas on Cocao Cay, not sure of the fee. There is shade, but sometimes you have to keep moving to stay in it.

• 2 months later...

I just booked this cruise again, which leaves on Friday the 13th! (only two weeks to go!!)

I'd like to do a new review from the cruise but not sure what new info I could post. Is there anything that someone might want from the Enchantment?

Michael

I LOVED your review. Please do another of the cruise you have in the fall. Why not another one for the 13th cruise? I would enjoy reading it. You have a great way of sharing your cruise with us. Thanks!!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I suppose I'll try to do a new review, since my experience will be a bit different.

I will for sure do a Vision review for my B2B, the only question is... should I do a LIVE review! ha

Michael

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I suppose I'll try to do a new review, since my experience will be a bit different.

I will for sure do a Vision review for my B2B, the only question is... should I do a LIVE review! ha

Michael

I'd love to see another Enchantment review, especially since I just booked our first weekend cruise on Enchantment :D.

I wouldn't do the live review... I know some people somehow enjoy doing it, but enjoy your vacation, save the money for the unlimited internet for another trip, and enjoy reliving it when you get home :D.

We're booked on the 4-night Enchantment cruise next year. My DH would be interested to know if Enchantment has an unlimited WIFI package like on the Allure. If not, what kind of packages do they have. I know, we're on vacation, but he won't be happy if he's not plugged in. That's the compromise if I want to go on a cruise! Thanks in advance for your help.

We're booked on the 4-night Enchantment cruise next year. My DH would be interested to know if Enchantment has an unlimited WIFI package like on the Allure. If not, what kind of packages do they have. I know, we're on vacation, but he won't be happy if he's not plugged in. That's the compromise if I want to go on a cruise! Thanks in advance for your help.

I will certainly check this out for DH. But I'm pretty sure just the Oasis/Allure/Navigator currently offer the unlimited WIFI.

I just booked this cruise again, which leaves on Friday the 13th! (only two weeks to go!!)

I'd like to do a new review from the cruise but not sure what new info I could post. Is there anything that someone might want from the Enchantment?

Michael

We are sailing on July 4th. If you could get your hands on the scheduled activities for the teen club, that would be awesome. :)

Dennis & Sue here from the Charleston, SC area.

Just found this thread and thought I'd add a few words...

Here is a link to a Web Page I do with the four daily planners for the March 10, 2014, 4-Day Cruise on the Enchantment... http://the-hotline.net/enchantment/

The 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral are our favorite getaways. A half days drive and we are there.

We've sailed the Sovereign 3 times, Monarch 11 times and Enchantment 4 times to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral since 2007... We've visited Nassau 26 times and CoCo Cay 19 times.

We really enjoy the Enchantment, for a seventeen year old ship that sails with up to 4,800 passengers each week, we think She's great...

I've got to mention the New Years Eve Cruise on Enchantment...

We did this cruise December 30, 2013, New Years Eve in CoCO Cay and New Years Day in Nassau...

The Enchantment knows how to Party on New Years Eve. Parties about the Ship for any taste, they had two combined bands in the Centrum doing Pop/Rock. They had a Latin band in Boleros, They had the Ship's Ochestra doing Big Band music in the Spotlight Lounge and a Pianist in the Schooner Bar. Every host/hostess started bringing out trays of complimentary Champaign about 11:45pm. There was a Buffet on the Pool Deck at 12:15am and if you were wondering what was happening in the Viking Crown Lounge, well, they started a Disco Party about 12:15AM (The First Party of 2014) that went, I'm Told, until 5AM... Reyno, the Concierge, had a party in his lounge too...

The Enchantment is just a FUN ship.

Dennis & Sue...

30192-profile.png

Hi There!

Thanks for all of the helpful information from everyone! I will be on the Enchantment of the Seas in a few weeks and had a question that I can't seem to find the answer to:

Are there Freestyle Coca-Cola machines on this ship? (I'm wondering what kind of soda would be in the Royal Refreshment soda package.) I can't drink any cola - only diet sprite, ginger ale, etc.

Thank you!

Hey Michael!! Jodi and Dan from Brilliance in March!! We are hopping on Enchantment July 14 after Disney with the kids. They did not want to do a cruise, so they are heading home. Did Vision over the Holiday weekend. First RCL ship that I said "never again". It was an interesting cruise.

Cant' wait to get back on Enchantment!

Hi There!

Thanks for all of the helpful information from everyone! I will be on the Enchantment of the Seas in a few weeks and had a question that I can't seem to find the answer to:

Are there Freestyle Coca-Cola machines on this ship? (I'm wondering what kind of soda would be in the Royal Refreshment soda package.) I can't drink any cola - only diet sprite, ginger ale, etc.

Thank you!

Yes, there are 2 freestyle machines. One is on deck 9 in Park Cafe. The other is on deck 6 near the ben and jerrys.

Hey Michael!! Jodi and Dan from Brilliance in March!! We are hopping on Enchantment July 14 after Disney with the kids. They did not want to do a cruise, so they are heading home. Did Vision over the Holiday weekend. First RCL ship that I said "never again". It was an interesting cruise.

Cant' wait to get back on Enchantment!

Hi Jodi!!! So great to hear from you! I'm getting back on the Enchantment Friday.

Okay you have me a bit worried, I have a B2B on the Vision this fall... Do I need to change ships? Tell me more about what went wrong please.

Maybe I should join y'all for the 14th sailing...

Michael