Enchantment of the Seas – January 17-20 – Nassau and Coco Cay Weekend Cruise Review

mpoole3

Thank you for this review! My sister and I booked this same cruise at the last minute for this coming weekend! After your report on the inside cabin, I think I am glad I made a last-minute, non-refundable, moment of weakness upgrade from an inside to a Junior Suite! (It certainly didn't hurt that it was a corner aft JS :D )

Please keep the pictures coming! Also, we will consider the ParknCruise as well, so please include how debarkation went, finding the shuttle, and how long it took to get from the ship to your car.

Thank you for this review! My sister and I booked this same cruise at the last minute for this coming weekend! After your report on the inside cabin, I think I am glad I made a last-minute, non-refundable, moment of weakness upgrade from an inside to a Junior Suite! (It certainly didn't hurt that it was a corner aft JS :D )

Please keep the pictures coming! Also, we will consider the ParknCruise as well, so please include how debarkation went, finding the shuttle, and how long it took to get from the ship to your car.

^^^^ Eeeeeep! :eek: I'm her sister and didn't know about the upgrade til I saw it on here! Hahahaha, nice job! :D

Thanks for the review, nice that you were able to get away for a weekend! Wish I could right about now...but airfare is ridiculously high from Cleveland :(

Hey North Royalton - University Heights here:). I know what you mean about air fare from Cleveland. I'm still looking and hoping I get something fairly decent for my trip. If not, I'm going to have to do something really bad to get it:eek:

Hey North Royalton - University Heights here:). I know what you mean about air fare from Cleveland. I'm still looking and hoping I get something fairly decent for my trip. If not, I'm going to have to do something really bad to get it:eek:

Hey Sheila, small world! Have you tried Akron-Canton? We just cancelled 2 cruises b/c we could not get airfare to Ft. Lauderdale for under $5-600 bucks from either airport. It is CRAZY. Good luck!

I think you will be very happy with your upgrade. My daughter and I were on this same cruise in a D2 balcony and it was noticeably less well maintained than the aft JS we had on Enchantment in August. Not to mention the great aft balconies. (Sometimes you do get what you pay for).

Hey Sheila, small world! Have you tried Akron-Canton? We just cancelled 2 cruises b/c we could not get airfare to Ft. Lauderdale for under $5-600 bucks from either airport. It is CRAZY. Good luck!

I have not checked out the fare from A/C. I don't drive and have no way of getting there, except by taxi, which I wouldn't do. If I can find a ride there, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Bye the way, the air fare I saw was lower than $500, but the arrival times were bad. I'll keep looking though.

When you were getting off your cruise on Monday we were boarding! So thanks for helping me relive our cruise! We also had MTD, but I renamed it "Their Time Dining" because we could never eat when we went down. Had to make a reservation and go back. But that's when we headed to the Diamond Lounge so no big deal.

Celeste

Is this the pool bar or are there 2 bars on the pool deck. I will be onboard in late April and am truly looking forward to being on Enchantment again. Thanks for your response - and your review:)

The bar in the picture is in center of the pool deck and right by all the line dancing. It also has great views of the ocean while you are sailing! It's not the only pool bar though there is a also a large bar under the TV screen. I never visited this bar because I felt like it was away from everything going on. But if you were looking for a quite option that might be a better location for a poolside drink.

In Nassau we decided to head to the free public beach called Junkanoo Beach. This is my 4th visiting this beach within the last year, one would think I would do something different. But I enjoy being able to walk to the beach (about 10 mins) and not pay a fee to lay a pool towel down. I also really enjoy the view of the light house and all the ships in port. The locals here are also very friendly; there are plenty of tiki style huts selling drinks/food. With all the recent reports of crime in Nassau, mostly by “CruiseLaw” I feel this is a safe – none expensive option for a family day on the beach. They also have very clean restrooms here, which is a PLUS!

Junkanoo Beach! Not very big but plenty of sun rays! They do offer chair rental, but I'm unsure of the price

IMG_2485_zps1f3b1424.jpg

My view from the Beach

IMG_2483_zpsc03b3f55.jpg

The main tiki hut when you arrive. They offer 3 beers + 4 shots for $10

IMG_2489_zpsd75f3749.jpg

We had perfect weather and everyone was having a great time on the beach!

IMG_2490_zpsde0b90d5.jpg

If you look on the left you see beach security. I noticed more security in Nassau this visit than I've ever seen before.

IMG_2492_zps4bd337fb.jpg

After an afternoon full of sun rays we decided it was time to cool off and grab a drink and what better place in Nassau than Senor Frogs! Always offers a fun time with loud music and strong drinks. But due know the drinks are not cheap; in fact our 1 drink a peace cost around $35. Of course they include the tall cups at $4 each in the bill, but I just know going in I’m paying for the experience. If you are offended easily I highly recommend you stay far away from this place!

IMG_2496_zpsd1c20b7b.jpg

Perhaps early spring break? It sure did feel like it...

IMG_2509_zps22e2cc22.jpg

In Nassau we decided to head to the free public beach called Junkanoo Beach. This is my 4th visiting this beach within the last year, one would think I would do something different. But I enjoy being able to walk to the beach (about 10 mins) and not pay a fee to lay a pool towel down. I also really enjoy the view of the light house and all the ships in port. The locals here are also very friendly; there are plenty of tiki style huts selling drinks/food. With all the recent reports of crime in Nassau, mostly by “CruiseLaw” I feel this is a safe – none expensive option for a family day on the beach. They also have very clean restrooms here, which is a PLUS!

Junkanoo Beach! Not very big but plenty of sun rays! They do offer chair rental, but I'm unsure of the price

IMG_2485_zps1f3b1424.jpg

My view from the Beach

IMG_2483_zpsc03b3f55.jpg

LOL! My Wife and Son are in this picture on the beach. I am it the pic as well near one of the little huts selling food/drink.

She is such a beautiful ship.

IMG_2480_zps8d51c7e1.jpg

This is where my cabin is in 2 weeks (and did I mention...I didn't even have to pay for the upgrade :D:D:D)

Thanks for your review of the Diamond Lounge...I'm going to give it a try...sorry, but Im not the type to go sit in a lounge all by myself and drink...I simply don't need their plonk that badly, but if they will let mom in, its a nice location at that time of the day.

Also, I am going to take your info for the parking...half price is pretty significant!!

I think you will be very happy with your upgrade. My daughter and I were on this same cruise in a D2 balcony and it was noticeably less well maintained than the aft JS we had on Enchantment in August. Not to mention the great aft balconies. (Sometimes you do get what you pay for).

Interesting that you noticed a difference, we can't wait! The corner was available on 7, but its above the lounge and mom hits the hay at about 8:30 PM, so that wouldn't have worked for us;) We have a nice one in the center on 8:D