Enchantment of the Seas – January 17-20 – Nassau and Coco Cay Weekend Cruise Review

mpoole3

I am looking forward to the rest of your review. We are cruising Enchantment in May for our 1st cruise. We are driving from TN too (Nashville area). Did you drive all the way to Port Canaveral and stay? Thinking about driving to Daytona, staying there and driving the scenic route 1 (avoiding I-95) the remaining 1.5 hours the next morning. I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions on this. Thanks!

:eek:not a good idea. Daytona is OK, but A1A does not go the whole way and even Route 1 will take 3 hours. 1.5 hours on 95 which is in really good shape all the way to Cocoa.

:eek:not a good idea. Daytona is OK, but A1A does not go the whole way and even Route 1 will take 3 hours. 1.5 hours on 95 which is in really good shape all the way to Cocoa.

THANK YOU for this suggestion!! I always worry about I-95 traffic, but had equal concerns about the condition of Route 1. I didn't realize it would take that long. I am all for a scenic drive but that long of one. I appreciate your letting me know!

Hint: They asked me if I was a Police Officer. :o

Note: It was my girlfriend's luggage.

Some advice for your girlfriend. Buckle (or velcro) cuffs and snap hooks.

They are much safer than handcuffs. Less abrasive, and no need for bolt cutters due to lost keys.

We're booking Enchantment for a March/April cruise- snow day here in SC so we decided to book a cruise :).

Thanks for your review- it's good to see reviews on the ship. We're a 20something couple and excited about it; like you guys, it rocks to be able to just up and book a cruise :).

I am looking forward to the rest of your review. We are cruising Enchantment in May for our 1st cruise. We are driving from TN too (Nashville area). Did you drive all the way to Port Canaveral and stay? Thinking about driving to Daytona, staying there and driving the scenic route 1 (avoiding I-95) the remaining 1.5 hours the next morning. I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions on this. Thanks!

We live near Daytona, right near US1 & take that to Canaveral. I would MUCH rather avoid 95! It's maybe 15-20 minutes longer than 95, but much pleasanter & more scenic.....and worth it for my serenity level! Still abt. an hour & 1/2.;) We'll be turning Diamond , this weekend, on the Enchantment & that is a delightful milestone. The Grandeur & Enchantment & Vision, etc. is our favorite size ship. When we were on the Oasis, it was WAAAY too big for us, won't be going on that one again. The Moscow Mule, at the R Bar, on the Enchantment, is the best drink I've ever had. FRESH GINGER is the main ingredient! YUM! We're trying Celebrity, for the first time, March 3rd & then our anniversary cruise, to Bermuda, on the Vision, in June, jr. suite guarantee.......could be a regular suite. THAT will be SWEET.;) (little play on words) I am a very big believer in & user of sanitizer, to be on the safe side, which needs to be used AFTER handling the menu, IMO. And.....about the naughty room..........before RC changed their wine policy, my husband got called there so they could take his wine away, and they held up an adult fun toy & asked if it was a "curling iron"? THAT was funny & Mr. said it was a massager......and it is! HAPPY CRUISING! WE LOVE IT!!;)

Edited by happygroovycruiser

Interesting that you noticed a difference, we can't wait! The corner was available on 7, but its above the lounge and mom hits the hay at about 8:30 PM, so that wouldn't have worked for us;) We have a nice one in the center on 8:D

Hope your mom doesn't have a sound issue in your deck 8 cabin. Our D2 was on deck 7 just off the Centrum. It was not a problem for us but we could hear the band playing in the Centrum until about 11:00 pm. They were very good, by the way - even my 20 y.o. daughter commented on how much she enjoyed the music.

Edited by kccrzr

The bar in the picture is in center of the pool deck and right by all the line dancing. It also has great views of the ocean while you are sailing! It's not the only pool bar though there is a also a large bar under the TV screen. I never visited this bar because I felt like it was away from everything going on. But if you were looking for a quite option that might be a better location for a poolside drink.

I was on Enchantment a few years ago and she had the "typical" pool bar, which is okay. I love spending time at the pool bar and checking out the activities. But Oasis looks like it's the place to hang out on the pool deck. As for a "quiet" option, honey, I'll be quiet when I'm dead - maybe not even then:eek:. Thanks for your response and I am truly looking forward to my trip in 88 days.

Edited by onyourtoes

Hope your mom doesn't have a sound issue in your deck 8 cabin. Our D2 was on deck 7 just off the Centrum. It was not a problem for us but we could hear the band playing in the Centrum until about 11:00 pm. They were very good, by the way - even my 20 y.o. daughter commented on how much she enjoyed the music.

We just had a jr. suite on deck 8 towards the back of the ship and had no noise issues. It is below the gym.

Loving the review so far. Your cruising style seems similar to ours--drink, beach, fun in the sun. Looks like you guys had a great time. Enchantment was the first ship my now-fiance and I sailed on together, and we are now looking forward to our next cruise on her in just over two weeks.

We just had a jr. suite on deck 8 towards the back of the ship and had no noise issues. It is below the gym.

That's where we are, center aft on 8- most of the action in the gym will be in the AM, and I figure mom is up with the birds and I'm likely to be IN the gym myself, DD16 will sleep through anything, so that was a better option for us! but the aft corners look sweet! DH and I just had one on Jewel in November, it was great!

I also like that pool bar- I might suggest that as a meeting place for informal M&M on our RC. I'm also going to book the park nd ruise- all in all, good advice here!:D

Also, might want to try Junkanoo- which way off the pier, right or left?

Edited by Familygoboston

Hello Cruise Critic friends!

Enchantment of the Seas – January 17-20 – Nassau and Coco Cay Weekend Cruise

IMG_2630_zpsedf8b435.jpg

I almost didn’t write this review since my cruise was only 3 days, but I thought why not there is still plenty to share! If any of you have follow my previous review’s I generally cruise solo and write my reviews each day on the ship, but this time I brought along my girlfriend and writing this review post-cruise.

The reason we picked this weekend cruise on Enchantment of the Seas (Jan 17-20) is because of Martin Luther King Day and we didn't have work, so why not take full advantage and head to the Bahamas! We booked this cruise about 10 days prior to sailing, while having lunch at Panera bread; she gave me the okay, “Let’s do it!” I wish someone could have taken my picture to see the smile on my face!

mpoole3: We will be sailing your itinerary in mid-March. Looking forward to reading your review (and seeing your pics) of Coco Cay. Hope you have time to report your experience at the "out island". Great review so far!!!

Sorry for the long delay it’s been a very busy week.

Anyways tonight was formal night and we did the MTD again. One thing to note is we decided to have a table for 2 each night and they never had a problem accommodating us, nor was there ever a wait. However, some have reported having to wait quite some time to eat, so it sounds like it varies.

Not much to report for the evening, we actually went to be pretty early! I know we are in our Mid-20’s and we should be out all evening, but that sun drained us.

Day 3 – Coco Cay – Our final day.

Man these short cruises sure do fly by! This morning we woke up pretty early and actually popped a bottle of champagne for mimosas. The evening before I put the breakfast room service card on the door for coffee, fruit plate, and OJ (I was thinking mimosas before I even went to bed)

We then decided to head to the windjammer for breakfast and took our drinks with us.

IMG_2531_zps8b6f1c13.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

After breakfast I wanted to tour around the ship since it was still quite early and take a few pictures. Typically I have my camera full of pictures but I just hadn’t had any time for pictures!

One of my favorite spots in the evening was the R Bar. The bartender was very friendly and would recommend drinks you would not typically order. I thought this venue would be quite busy in the evenings, but it was never really that packed. Most people still prefer the schooner bar with those break taking views.

IMG_2513_zps7969c2c2.jpg

IMG_2514_zps09fb8e0a.jpg

As we are walking around the ship taking pictures I happen to notice we arrived in Coco Cay and there she was, the Majesty of the Seas! I had no idea another ship was joining us at the island. My first thought was great! It’s going to be a PACKED beach day.

IMG_2635_zpsed696658.jpg

This was my second time in Coco Cay on my last cruise we had to miss this stop due to the weather, so I was a little nervous this would happen again but we had perfect weather! I couldn’t be happier and knew I wanted to take full advantage of the day, because it was Day 3 of our 3 day cruise…sad.

IMG_2609_zpsd94209f5.jpg

Around 9:00 am we headed down to deck 1 – Mid ship to get on a tender boat and I notice almost no one was getting of yet. I suppose everyone was still sleeping from the midnight deck party we were too tired to attend.

We both sat by the rail for the great view. I just happen to call out, "Kayla" and she turned around and SNAP! I think she asked me to delete this, but I think I forgot. :confused:

IMG_2538_zpsf4f39d3b.jpg

If you get a chance to get off early I recommend it because it’s nice to explore the island before it’s packed.

IMG_2549_zpscea3ad25.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

We didn’t book a cabana but those who are curious as to what they look like here are a few pictures I took before the guest arrived. The cost various by location but they are $150-$200. They do come with a few waters, champagne, and private lunch. They are available first for suite guest, Diamond + and up, then open for others.

IMG_2614_zps0c1e4c1d.jpg

IMG_2564_zpsbd00bb97.jpg

IMG_2550_zpsea1fe068.jpg

IMG_2552_zpsa7237dba.jpg