Infinity new inside

DebbieMacG

In 2012 we spent 14nts in Alaska on the Mille then cont on thru Panama Canal back to Fl on Infinity for 17 nts both times in one of these cabins. Liked them only because of being newer bathroom bed etc. The location was fine but definetely could be rockier being so far up. Was great access to outside deck for glacier viewing and quick to cabin for forgotten items. Being surrounded by all Aqua cabins meant we'd often be last cabins to be serviced by the room stewards but didn"t bother us. Do recall getting a bit of a oh, you're booked in a lowly inside cabin look from some surrounding passengers since everyone else in that area spent so much more $$ but hey, who cares we were traveling 45 days at sea along with 45 more across country. One thing did notice was the soundproofing was bad, when they vaccumed adjoining cabin it was unreal how loud it was in our cabin.

Thanks very much for your answer, was the bathroom similar to those on the solstice class ships? Did the shower have a door or curtain?

If you took any pics of the cabin I would love to see them. We got this on a Gty and it seems a great location apart from the sound proofing lol. Was it very rocky? :)

Thanks but I was asking about the new insides next to the new aqua cabins on deck 11 :)

I don't know if this helps much but saw some pictures of the new oceanview cabins added to the Infinity on deck 3 and they have shower curtains.

Are the inside cabins on the AQ deck also considered aqua class?

I don't know if this helps much but saw some pictures of the new oceanview cabins added to the Infinity on deck 3 and they have shower curtains.

No they are cat 9 inside cabins, I think they will most likely have a shower curtain if the new OV ones do, it doesn't matter if they have I was just curious, thanks for your help :)

Being surrounded by all Aqua cabins meant we'd often be last cabins to be serviced by the room stewards but didn"t bother us. Do recall getting a bit of a oh, you're booked in a lowly inside cabin look from some surrounding passengers since everyone else in that area spent so much more $$ but hey, who cares we were traveling 45 days at sea along with 45 more across country.

We did B2B cruises on the Infinity in one of the deck 11 aft Aqua cabins. Since the folks in Aqua were dining in Blu it seemed as if we all knew, or at least could recognize, each other. I felt we had our own little neighborhood on deck 11 and wondered if folks in non-Aqua cabins on that deck felt that they were a little out of place.

The inside cabins on deck 11 are not Aqua Class cabins.

We did B2B cruises on the Infinity in one of the deck 11 aft Aqua cabins. Since the folks in Aqua were dining in Blu it seemed as if we all knew, or at least could recognize, each other. I felt we had our own little neighborhood on deck 11 and wondered if folks in non-Aqua cabins on that deck felt that they were a little out of place.

The inside cabins on deck 11 are not Aqua Class cabins.

It's nice you felt a sense of community I'm sure it made for a great cruise. :) I've actually been placed there on a inside GTY rather than chosen a balcony cabin as we would normally have but since we are paying $1240 (£768) each rather than $3700 (£2299) each for 14 nights, I think I'll manage fine :D

We usually take two cruises a year, one is a big one with days before and after often 18-21 nights, the other as long as possible for as cheap as possible :D

• 11 months later...
Thanks very much for your answer, was the bathroom similar to those on the solstice class ships? Did the shower have a door or curtain?

If you took any pics of the cabin I would love to see them. We got this on a Gty and it seems a great location apart from the sound proofing lol. Was it very rocky? :)

These cabins will not be like the S class cabins. They are on an M class ship. They are exactly like all other inside cabins on an M class ship except that they are newer.

Same for the new AQ cabins on deck 11. They are the same as the other M class AQ cabins.

I haven't sailed in one of these new insides, but I did sail in on of the side AQ cabins on deck 11. The balcony was minuscule and the cabin creaked and groaned a lot. I would imagine it would be quite rocky if the sea were rocky.

• Like 1

It's nice you felt a sense of community I'm sure it made for a great cruise. :) I've actually been placed there on a inside GTY rather than chosen a balcony cabin as we would normally have but since we are paying $1240 (£768) each rather than $3700 (£2299) each for 14 nights, I think I'll manage fine :D

We usually take two cruises a year, one is a big one with days before and after often 18-21 nights, the other as long as possible for as cheap as possible :D

I love your cruising style/decisions and ability to get the most for your dollars.

I love the M class ship. I only sailed in AQ on the Constellaiton after they added deck 11 cabins. We were on deck 9. The price was lower than a veranda at the time of our booking, we took AQ. The only difference in these cabins is the shower. Very nice, but at what price? Eating in Blue was underwhelming but nicely decorated space. I would rather eat in specialty and MDR.

when I book an inside I always go for the highest deck and closest to the aft.

Less traffic and closer to the Sunset bar, my favorite place on the celebrity ships.

Edited by Azulann

• 9 years later...

We booked guarantee and were given 1121 on Infinity. Worked OK but had issues.  It was spacious and handy for the buffet and sun deck but was rather warm (despite air con) and had loud noise (sounded like air or smoke moving through a vent) sometimes when sailing. We use a wave machine for sleep so this compensated but don't think we'd have this cabin again. Also high up and near rear so could be uncomfortable in rough seas.