Do you think this was legit call?

Just got a local call from someone says she was calling from royal carb. They are looking for travelers to fill cabins for free. Only thing they ask is that I tell friends and family about my trip once I return. I told her I was interested and hung up. Is this a scam??

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only speak to what my reaction would be. I would consider it a scam based upon the recent RCI Noro outbreak on Explorer. That headline might have people thinking that RCI suddenly has open cabins from cancellations. First, I would doubt that.

It sounds like one of the many schemes that try to gain a credit card number from people.

Got the same call last week except they said they were Royal Bahamian Cruise line. Same deal, free cruise, just tell your friends. I could easily see someone pronouncing Bahamian in a way to make it sound like caribbean...

Edited by LKYGSR
spelling

Not to sound snarky but what do you really think? No ones is going to just call you out of the blue and give you a free cruise.

How does the old saying go...If it sounds to good to be true ...it isn't

I'm surprised any of you could even think it might be for real.

Just googled it. It's a timeshare company. They go by Royal Bahama Cruise Line but you can also google Caribbean Cruise Line. They "give away" cruises aboard CELEBRATION CRUISE LINES, which operates an old, converted Russian ferry on 2 night cruises from West Palm Beach as part of a larger package.

The catch? You need to sit through a time-share presentation. You need to pay taxes, tips and maybe a fuel surcharge. The free cruise is on the lowest category (an 80sq ft inside cabin with bunks)

You can also "add on" a stay in Florida with rental car, but the hotel is an old, run down Ramada in an ugly and industrial part of town. The hidden, not-included taxes and "surcharges" for both hotel and rental car make the offer a waste of money.

CELEBRATION Cruise Lines is a legitimate cruise line and you can buy a real cruise directly from them if you wish to avoid the timeshare presentation. Several people have reported having a fairly decent time on this cruise, even those who've gotten it for free by doing the timeshare presentation. But there are also PLENTY of horror stories, mostly from people who've felt scammed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Not to sound snarky but what do you really think? No ones is going to just call you out of the blue and give you a free cruise.

How does the old saying go...If it sounds to good to be true ...it isn't

I'm surprised any of you could even think it might be for real.

This wouldn't be Cruise critic if someone wasn't snarky.

Got the same call last week except they said they were Royal Bahamian Cruise line. Same deal, free cruise, just tell your friends. I could easily see someone pronouncing Bahamian in a way to make it sound like caribbean...

The lady probably did say that because while she said Royal she was cutting out. I had to ask her to repeat herself.

Just got a local call from someone says she was calling from royal carb. They are looking for travelers to fill cabins for free. Only thing they ask is that I tell friends and family about my trip once I return. I told her I was interested and hung up. Is this a scam??

Danielle

Im sure it is.

I got that same call this week. I asked her if that was the old converted ferry boat I saw in Freeport last time I was there, and she quickly hung up. Guess she knew I was NOT interested!

lol... I love it- sounds like something I would say :p

I got the same call this afternoon. It SOUNDED like Royal Caribbean but when I questioned them, they said it was ROYAL CRUISE LINE..........so I said I wasn't interested and hung up. Went to google it and it is not something I would ever be interested in.

Yes, I have received this call also from Royal Cruise Line. I hung up on them.

We came home one day not long ago and saw that there was a call on the answering machine. It was blank so I check caller ID and it said Royal Cruise. I did a search and found this:

SCAM! The company is ROYAL BAHAMA CRUISE LINE. They are NOT connected to Royal Cruse Line, but they hope you will hear the name Royal and think it's the same cruise line. They said they were giving me a "free" cruise for 2 people that I could use any time in the next 18 months. Included was: 1) two nights, three days on board; 2 )state room-- that's an inside rm with no window; 3) a stop for a few hours on an island; 4) I provide my own transportation to get to the ship at Palm Beach, FL; 5) they will charge $59 per person on my credit card now for a port fee which they gave some crazy excuse that it's some international charge; 6) they hoped I would buy lots of alcoholic beverages [charged to my credit card] and do lots of gambling while on board-- drinks & gambling is where they make most of their money; 7) to seal the deal, I had to give them my credit card number before the end of the phone call or the deal was off.

I told them I would have to do my research on them first, and I don't give my credit card info out to strangers who call me on the phone. They promised they'd call me back the next day, but never did.

Here is the website for ROYAL BAHAMA CRUISE LINE (remember, they are not connected to Royal Cruise Line) http://royalbahamacl.com/

The Better Business Bureau gives them a D- rating. http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-r ... ord-fl-90196861

I've gotten a rush of calls not from a cruiseline, but someone telling me that I won publishers clearing house, or money, etc. So, if you get a call, google the number and you'll notice lots of people get these calls.

I got the same call. I asked "What cruiseline is this?" He said Royal Bahamian. I said "How many days is it?" He said 2 days. I said "I am familiar with this and I know that it is a scam and I am not interested. Thank you!"

I learned about it previously on CC. Thanks to all of you for keeping us informed.

In case some of you are not aware, Carnival has been giving away cruises to certain people. I received a call from them after I had heard about this and I asked the Rep. about it. He said I was just checking to see if you were eligible for one of the free cruises but I'm sorry you are not. Oh, well. It was worth an ask. So apparently there are free cruises out there.