Getaway pics & thoughts - food, menus, Haven, entertainment, etc.

AttilaTheFun

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, thanks so much for showing us the Getaway!!! I haven't been this excited about a ship since I booked the Epic before it was released:D

I thought that my next cruise may have been on the Oasis but I think you may have convinced me otherwise!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So excited - just booked Getaway again for a March sailing for a much-needed escape from the NYC winter. Going with a friend who has only sailed on the Jade before, so think she will be really impressed!

Thank you SO much for taking the time to post all the photos and to write a review, us future cruisers truly appreciate it.! We're leaving on the Getaway 4/5, can't wait!!

So they have lobster on the first night in the main dining room? Great! I will make sure not to do a specialty restaurant on Saturday!

I don't know if that's the case - keep in mind that I was on a special 2-night sailing and the menus may not be exactly what they use for the full 7-night itinerary. I feel like I read from recent Getaway reviews that they are doing lobster tails in the buffet, like Breakaway, but could be wrong. If I remember those reviews correctly, they only noted the seafood on the buffet in the Freestyle Daily, so be sure to read that carefully so that you don't miss it!

So they have lobster on the first night in the main dining room? Great! I will make sure not to do a specialty restaurant on Saturday!

On the 3/8 sailing of the Getaway, the Garden Cafe (buffet) featured "a wide array of Seafood and Lobster dishes" (as promoted in the Freestyle Daily) on Sunday night (second night). AFAIK, the MDR did not serve lobster.

That's strange that there was no lobster tail because on Page 1 of this thread (post#10) there is a picture of the MDR menu which shows Surf & Turf Broiled Lobster w/ Sirloin Steak.

That's strange that there was no lobster tail because on Page 1 of this thread (post#10) there is a picture of the MDR menu which shows Surf & Turf Broiled Lobster w/ Sirloin Steak.

Like I've already mentioned, I was on a SPECIAL 2-NIGHT CRUISE that may not reflect all the aspects of a full 7-night cruise, INCLUDING MENUS.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the photos and review - what a great thread!

I'm sailing in June and we're looking for a place to meet for sail away. This is a little tricky since no one has been onboard yet! For some reason, I can't see the Flamingo on the deck plan although it says it's on deck 17. What do you think - would this make a good sail away location? Some of our group has kids and we want to watch the buildings on shore fade into the horizon. And of course, we want to have cocktails available.

Thank you for the photos and review - what a great thread!

I'm sailing in June and we're looking for a place to meet for sail away. This is a little tricky since no one has been onboard yet! For some reason, I can't see the Flamingo on the deck plan although it says it's on deck 17. What do you think - would this make a good sail away location? Some of our group has kids and we want to watch the buildings on shore fade into the horizon. And of course, we want to have cocktails available.

Flamingo wouldn't be very good for sail-away because the glass covers your view. I would recommend trying the deck above the pool deck, or one deck higher than that forward, where they have a bar that's open to everyone right outside the Vibe entrance. Spice H2O is also an option, but you have the issue of kind of having to look between slats of glass for a good view/pictures.

Thanks so much. We have switched our Jewel cruise to the Getaway in a Haven Spa. This was so much fun to read!! I CAN'T WAIT TILL FEB!!!!

Jealous! The Haven Spa suites were beautiful! Not to mention being able to sit in your private jacuzzi with an ocean view!

Flamingo wouldn't be very good for sail-away because the glass covers your view. I would recommend trying the deck above the pool deck, or one deck higher than that forward, where they have a bar that's open to everyone right outside the Vibe entrance. Spice H2O is also an option, but you have the issue of kind of having to look between slats of glass for a good view/pictures.

Indeed, as this sundeck is on the port side, and from there you can see much more (Star Island, South Beach, etc.) than on starboard side (Flamengo).

Utas2