Here is Explanation of Drink Packages/Prices & Bar Menu Prices.

JB3

We have our first X cruise coming up on the Reflection. It’ll be our 20th cruise overall. We’ve never had a drink package before, and we originally chose the onboard credit. Then we happened to look at the beverage packages. Here’s all of the info that I put together for us to try to figure all of this out-I think it explains everything pretty well. I find the packaging to be pretty confusing. It took a few days of reading to finally understand it better. We are planning to call our ta to switch our 123 Go promo from onboard credit to the beverage packages. Then we also plan to upgrade to the premium which is 11.50 per day per person, and includes gratuities. So that will add $161.00 total for the two of us. Some wines go up to $13 per glass, and they would be included... same with martinis which are $11, as well as beers that are more than $5 such Peroni and Stella, etc. We think it’s worth it to switch from the OBC to the Bev package. We think that we will each drink at least $100 worth during the week, so it seems like a no-brainer not to switch. Then even with one martini a day, it would pay for us to upgrade to the premium. (We’ll basically be trading our $200 OBC for a bev package that’s worth 708.40 including gratuities—that seems like a no-brainer. Then we will upgrade to the premium which will give us a lot more options. Here are the alcoholic packages explained, as well as all of the bar menus. You can use the beverage card anywhere except for room service. The bev package info here is just taken from the X website, and I added the fees at the end. You can find the other beverage info right on the website.

~Classic Alcoholic Package~

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package(In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas, and non-premium bottled water. ) as well as all beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 11% by booking pre-cruise. 49.00 pp/per day-- 354.20 pp/week--- 708.40 USD for 2

~Premium Alcoholic Package~

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package(Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca-Cola, premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, specialty coffees and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and specialty waters from Vitamin Water.) In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 9% by booking pre-cruise 59.00pp/per day-- 434.70pp/week-- 869.40 USD for 2

~ http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#main Link that shows all bar menus and available beers and spirits and prices. (Thank you, Preisman family!)

& also the menu for Michael’s Club http://beyondships.com/files/Michael_s_Club_Menu.pdf (Thank you too!) ~

[~123 Go! Promo package choices.~

FREE Beverage Packages Receive Classic Beverage Packages for two, including spirits, valued at $88* per day, with beverage gratuities covered by us. Classic Beverage Package for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $11.50 per person, per day which includes gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises.

FREE Gratuities Receive pre-paid gratuities for two, value of up to $30* per day

Onboard Credit Receive $200* for 6- to 9-night sailings per stateroom.]

~Terms & Conditions of Beverage Packages~

All prices are subject to change without notice. Please note, prices advertised are for pre purchasing your package online. If you purchase a package once on board, the price will be higher. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout.

Packages are sold on a per cruise basis or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages can be bought on board for the remaining number of nights on a sailing up until there are only 2 nights duration left.

Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold through gift shops, mini-bar, or room service, or the Enomatic® wine dispensing system.

Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by cancelling and reordering the package.

Cancellations or refunds will not be issued on board the ship after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship.

The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Celebrity Cruise ships is 21, however on ships departing from a port outside of North America the age limit is reduced to 18.

Guests can now take on board the ship, two bottles of wine/champagne per stateroom on embarkation only. If the wine is consumed in a public area, the corkage is $25.

Other terms and conditions apply.

Edited by JB3

Yes, I think it's a bit of a no-brainer to take the drinks package over the OBC. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

We also took the drinks package with the 123 offer. Re upgrading to the premium, I think I'll do this for my DH, as he drinks more alcohol than I do ;) but am unsure if it's worth it for me.

One thing that might tip it for me would be which coffees/teas are included in the classic -v- premium. Does anybody know which are covered by "premium" coffees/teas (classic package) and which by "specialty" coffees/teas (premium package)?

After doing the math for myself it just does not add up. If I only look at what I would normally drink. On a 2 week cruise I would buy 5 glasses of wine and 2 Pina Colada. If I had the package I would drink a lot more of everything. I would make it worth my while. We are Elite Plus so we do get some other drink perks. The big plus would be the convenience of the drink packages. Richard

... On a 2 week cruise I would buy 5 glasses of wine and 2 Pina Colada....

Daily or for the entire two weeks? :rolleyes:

Seems like if that is your norm for an entire cruise that it would be hard increase your consumption to the point where they'd be worthwhile, even considering the extra cost non-alcoholic items that would be included. If it a daily figure the drink package would be a great value for you.

Edited by Lsimon

We have our first X cruise coming up on the Reflection. It’ll be our 20th cruise overall. We’ve never had a drink package before, and we originally chose the onboard credit. Then we happened to look at the beverage packages. Here’s all of the info that I put together for us to try to figure all of this out-I think it explains everything pretty well. I find the packaging to be pretty confusing. It took a few days of reading to finally understand it better. We are planning to call our ta to switch our 123 Go promo from onboard credit to the beverage packages. Then we also plan to upgrade to the premium which is 11.50 per day per person, and includes gratuities. So that will add $161.00 total for the two of us. Some wines go up to $13 per glass, and they would be included... same with martinis which are $11, as well as beers that are more than $5 such Peroni and Stella, etc. We think it’s worth it to switch from the OBC to the Bev package. We think that we will each drink at least $100 worth during the week, so it seems like a no-brainer not to switch. Then even with one martini a day, it would pay for us to upgrade to the premium. (We’ll basically be trading our $200 OBC for a bev package that’s worth 708.40 including gratuities—that seems like a no-brainer. Then we will upgrade to the premium which will give us a lot more options. Here are the alcoholic packages explained, as well as all of the bar menus. You can use the beverage card anywhere except for room service. The bev package info here is just taken from the X website, and I added the fees at the end. You can find the other beverage info right on the website.

~Classic Alcoholic Package~

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package(In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas, and non-premium bottled water. ) as well as all beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 11% by booking pre-cruise. 49.00 pp/per day-- 354.20 pp/week--- 708.40 USD for 2

~Premium Alcoholic Package~

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package(Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca-Cola, premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, specialty coffees and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and specialty waters from Vitamin Water.) In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 9% by booking pre-cruise 59.00pp/per day-- 434.70pp/week-- 869.40 USD for 2

~ http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#main Link that shows all bar menus and available beers and spirits and prices. (Thank you, Preisman family!)

& also the menu for Michael’s Club http://beyondships.com/files/Michael_s_Club_Menu.pdf (Thank you too!) ~

[~123 Go! Promo package choices.~

FREE Beverage Packages Receive Classic Beverage Packages for two, including spirits, valued at $88* per day, with beverage gratuities covered by us. Classic Beverage Package for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $11.50 per person, per day which includes gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises.

FREE Gratuities Receive pre-paid gratuities for two, value of up to $30* per day

Onboard Credit Receive $200* for 6- to 9-night sailings per stateroom.]

~Terms & Conditions of Beverage Packages~

All prices are subject to change without notice. Please note, prices advertised are for pre purchasing your package online. If you purchase a package once on board, the price will be higher. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout.

Packages are sold on a per cruise basis or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages can be bought on board for the remaining number of nights on a sailing up until there are only 2 nights duration left.

Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold through gift shops, mini-bar, or room service, or the Enomatic® wine dispensing system.

Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by cancelling and reordering the package.

Cancellations or refunds will not be issued on board the ship after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship.

The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Celebrity Cruise ships is 21, however on ships departing from a port outside of North America the age limit is reduced to 18.

Guests can now take on board the ship, two bottles of wine/champagne per stateroom on embarkation only. If the wine is consumed in a public area, the corkage is $25.

Other terms and conditions apply.

We have never had a beverage package (over 20 Celebrity cruises)and found our bill was just about the same as if we would have had the premium package...on our last (very recent) cruise the bar prices have gone up A LOT...including soda at $2.50 a can (not including gratuties). We would go with the premium package on our next cruise...the only downside we can find is adding a nice bottle of wine at dinner...price will be well above.

We were planning to call to change our 123 Go Promo from the OBC to the bev package, but found out today that since we are under 10 days to sailing, that it's too late. $200 for the week obc is still nice! If we would ever sail again under that promo, we would definitely choose the drink package. We just should have looked into the options further when we first booked the cruise. : )

We're BIG fans of the Celebrity drink packages, but are quite happy with the Classic. Upgraded to the Premium once (when we were paying for the package, not getting it for free) and wouldn't do it again.

You do realize that you CAN get a martini without the premium package, right? You just have to accept that you'll get a smaller one, and it won't be one of the cutesy cocktails. But it's still a damn fine martini, IMHO.

We initially chose the OBC for our December cruise but switched to the beverage package. While we certainly won't drink the entire value of the package, we will definitely drink the same amount as the OBC or more.

All of our excursions and gratuities are paid before we board so this way we can leave the ship without much of a balance.

We're BIG fans of the Celebrity drink packages, but are quite happy with the Classic. Upgraded to the Premium once (when we were paying for the package, not getting it for free) and wouldn't do it again.

You do realize that you CAN get a martini without the premium package, right? You just have to accept that you'll get a smaller one, and it won't be one of the cutesy cocktails. But it's still a damn fine martini, IMHO.

Do not care if it is smaller but can I get a Cosmo?

Do not care if it is smaller but can I get a Cosmo?

One was an apple marini....it seems to me it may be very simular to what they serve in the Captains Club happy hour lounge. We went only once,,,,nothing sttod out for me...I had a mimosa, hubs had a rum & coke and I remember there was an apple martini and maybe 2 other frou frou martinis.

We found the upgraded package to be well worth it, primarily because we took advantage of the "only pay the difference" feature.

I'm a fan of fine scotches and there was a Macallan Whiskey Makers Reserve that cost $14 in Michaels, that I found it to be far superior to the $10 Laphroig Islay that I'd have had without the upgrade. Without the package I doubt I'd have spent $14 for it, but at only $1 "overcharge" it was my nightly go to drink.

Similarly many of the wines in the MDR, especially the Freemark Abbey Cab [$17]. wouldn't have been on my radar.

I realize many wouldn't mind not having access to the higher priced drink and wine, but for us it made all the difference. I doubt we'd have sprung for such extravagances if they weren't included in our package, and I can't imagine doing another cruise without being able to include them.

So we are considering signing up for one of these packages. When we booked for our upcoming sailing, we were in between the 123go promotions. Was wondering, has anyone called their TA or Celebrity to ask if they would honor a 123go drink package when they booked without the promo. If we would have waited a few weeks, we could have gotten it. I suspect that they would not offer it, but was just curious if anyone has inquired and if they were successful.

We have never had a beverage package (over 20 Celebrity cruises)and found our bill was just about the same as if we would have had the premium package...on our last (very recent) cruise the bar prices have gone up A LOT...including soda at $2.50 a can (not including gratuties). We would go with the premium package on our next cruise...the only downside we can find is adding a nice bottle of wine at dinner...price will be well above.

Even better, get the sommelier to pair different wines by the glass with each course. The price will be within the premium package. That's what we do and have never been disappointed.

Edited by Dizney

So we are considering signing up for one of these packages. When we booked for our upcoming sailing, we were in between the 123go promotions. Was wondering, has anyone called their TA or Celebrity to ask if they would honor a 123go drink package when they booked without the promo. If we would have waited a few weeks, we could have gotten it. I suspect that they would not offer it, but was just curious if anyone has inquired and if they were successful.

Yes.

We are in the same position as you and have been trying to get the package added but with no success,although I have seen others that have.Good luck and give it a go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

we chose the beverage package and have called to update to the Premium package. We really don't drink that much on cruises normally. One drink at the pool, a drink or glass of wine before dinner,usually split a bottle of wine during dinner and then a cocktail during the show.

But we think that having the additions of sodas, bottled water, better juices and gourmet coffee will make it worth while.

Although I now plan on a few frothy drinks by the pool, two before dinner, etc.

I've told everyone about the deal. I think I'm looking forward to this deal wwwaaaayyyy too much

we chose the beverage package and have called to update to the Premium package. We really don't drink that much on cruises normally. One drink at the pool, a drink or glass of wine before dinner,usually split a bottle of wine during dinner and then a cocktail during the show.

But we think that having the additions of sodas, bottled water, better juices and gourmet coffee will make it worth while.

Although I now plan on a few frothy drinks by the pool, two before dinner, etc.

I've told everyone about the deal. I think I'm looking forward to this deal wwwaaaayyyy too much

Yikes -- I am really confused - Sorry

I thought the classic package included soda, botteld, juice, water speciality coffee? Can anyone advise?

Thank you

M

Yikes -- I am really confused - Sorry

I thought the classic package included soda, botteld, juice, water speciality coffee? Can anyone advise?

Thank you

M

This thread by an January Eclipse passenger shows a scan of the on board bev pkg brochure clearly showing that the items you are concerned about are included in the classic. Scroll down near the bottom of the page.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1979030&page=2

Thank you for posting the drink menus. The Social Hour specials list half price martinis, but only for those with the premium beverage package. So, you would still have to upgrade to the the premium package plus pay an extra $5.50 for the martinis?

All Martinis are included with no extra charge with the premium package.

Thanks wpgcycler - The previous poster mentioned upgrading to get these selections. I see that they will be included in the classic package.

I promise – no more questions.

M

No worries. These questions come up every day - I can't understand why the mods refuse to put up a sticky with the answers.

Daily or for the entire two weeks? :rolleyes:

Seems like if that is your norm for an entire cruise that it would be hard increase your consumption to the point where they'd be worthwhile, even considering the extra cost non-alcoholic items that would be included. If it a daily figure the drink package would be a great value for you.

On a 2 week cruise I would buy 5 glasses of wine and 2 Pina Colada.... for the entire cruise. Not each day. Richard