Crown-Who Best To complain To For Temp & Toilet Issues?

florida lover

We'll be on the Crown soon. Have read that some cabins have toilet and/or temperature problems. Can anyone comment on who best to complain to to get toilet and/or temperature problems resolved quickly?

Thank you!

call your cabin steward, there is a card with his/her extension # on the desk by your phone, they will call engineering and you should get a quick response - especially if it is a plumbing issue. Enjoy your trip on the Crown, we did a few years ago.

call your cabin steward, there is a card with his/her extension # on the desk by your phone, they will call engineering and you should get a quick response - especially if it is a plumbing issue. Enjoy your trip on the Crown, we did a few years ago.

I've always called the Passenger Service Desk with problems and they were handled quickly. The cabin stewards are so busy and it would be an interruption for them to answer a page. Worse would be to disturb them on their very limited time off.

I've always called the Passenger Service Desk with problems and they were handled quickly. The cabin stewards are so busy and it would be an interruption for them to answer a page. Worse would be to disturb them on their very limited time off.

I agree, Passenger Service. That's what they are there for. Also, we were on The Crown just a few weeks ago, Jan. 11-18, and can report absolutely no A/C or plumbing problems in cabin D610, port side. We did close the curtain during the afternoon as a precaution, but everything stayed cool. We never had to run the thermostat all the way down. :)

Like the others, I'd call the Passenger Services Desk. Make a note of when you called, who you spoke to and what they said. Call back if the problem(s) persist and keep a record. Let your steward know about your issues and what's happening so he or she is aware. If the problem hasn't been resolved within a day or so, talk to the Captain's Circle Host and let them know what you've done to correct the issue(s). I once had a problem with my toilet that went on for days. I happened to mention them to the Captain's Circle Host, she got on the phone immediately and the vacuum system was fixed within half an hour. You should try to resolve the issues first.

While those answers are fine, Ive been on the Crown since 1/25 and have had no problems with either the toilets or the A/C.

The biggest problem I have is my aching jaws from grinning so much.....Especially after last nigh's win by Seattle.:D

On the Ruby in January we asked our cabin steward to call engineering. He decided on his own that "the room was cool enough" and didn't call. When DH said that he'd call passenger services he immediately said that he'd call for us which he did. Once he called they were there within 10 minutes. We were right, he did need to fix the a.c.

There is a "pecking order" on cruise ships and passengers also have the ability to "elevate" legitimate complaints as needed. So, in your situation we would first mention it to our cabin steward. If he/she does not quickly resolve the issue then we would pay a friendly (and polite) visit to the Guest Services desk (we think that face to face is often more effective then a phone call). If Guest Services fails to resolve the problem we then return to Guest Services and politely request a meeting with the Guest Services Supervisor/Manager. If this still fails to recify the matter (and it is truly a serious situation) then we politely ask the Guest Services staff for an appointment with the Hotel Manager. If you do meet with the Hotel Manager and the situation is still not rectified you put a pillow over your mouth and scream! And then you write a letter to the folks in Seattle (describing all the steps you took), scream again, and move on with your life.

And if you really want to move into the "drama mode" you can become somewhat inventive. Once upon a time we had a very hot cabin and nothing was done. So one evening I went down to the main lobby (outside Guest Relations) in my bathrobe and curled up in a comfy chair (in the main lobby) and fell asleep. Eventually a security officer woke me up to find out if something was wrong and I said that our cabin was too hot and I was simply sleeping in a comfy place. The next morning they fixed our broken cabin thermostat. Another time we had a cabin shower that only went "drip, drip, drip." So I went up to the pool deck and took a shower at one of the outdoor pool showers. Then, still dripping in my bathrobe, I dropped by Guest Relations (it was a formal night and most of the nearby folks were in their finest) and mentioned that we were dining at the Captain's Table that evening (this is true) and I was not happy about having to take a shower on deck. A plumber was in our cabin within the hour and managed to fix the problem after flooding our entire cabin (that is another story).

But we do always follow one basic rule which is to always treat the staff with the utmost respect.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

There is a "pecking order" on cruise ships and passengers also have the ability to "elevate" legitimate complaints as needed. So, in your situation we would first mention it to our cabin steward. If he/she does not quickly resolve the issue then we would pay a friendly (and polite) visit to the Guest Services desk (we think that face to face is often more effective then a phone call). If Guest Services fails to resolve the problem we then return to Guest Services and politely request a meeting with the Guest Services Supervisor/Manager. If this still fails to recify the matter (and it is truly a serious situation) then we politely ask the Guest Services staff for an appointment with the Hotel Manager. If you do meet with the Hotel Manager and the situation is still not rectified you put a pillow over your mouth and scream! And then you write a letter to the folks in Seattle (describing all the steps you took), scream again, and move on with your life.

Hank

Seattle?!?!:confused: Have they moved the Princess offices or are you thinking Super Bowl and calling on the Seahawks for help? They were pretty awesome last night.

I just got off the Crown, and both the toilet and a/c did not work when we boarded. Without calling anyone, the toilet was fixed by the time we got back from lunch, and on another day, the toilet did not work between 1am-5am, and was fixed by the time we got out of bed without calling anyone.

I did not tell our cabin steward about the a/c problem. I called guest services in the evening, and the person asked me if I wanted someone to come right awat or wait until the next morning. I said right away, then waited for 15-30 minutes before 2 crew members came to verify that the system was not working. When they left, they said they would send a mantenance guy. When the guy showed up, he took the vent off the ceiling, and hooked up a tester to the thermostat. He then left the room to go check the hvac system....and eventually the air started working. There were no problems with the a/c after that.

After the initial call, the guest relations person kept calling me for status updates. I was very appreciative to know that I was not being left in limbo waiting for people to show up.

moral of the story....call guest relations, not your steward.

And then you write a letter to the folks in Seattle (describing all the steps you took), scream again, and move on with your life.
You sure you are referring to Princess? Or HAL? HAL's corporate offices are in Seattle, Princess' are not. :)

You sure you are referring to Princess? Or HAL? HAL's corporate offices are in Seattle, Princess' are not. :)

LOL have Seattle on the brain today :). On the other hand, if writing to the corporate office to complain it really would not make much difference if you sent the letter to Seattle, CA, France or FL. Probably get the same response either way...but you would feel better.

Hank:eek:

Edited by Hlitner

We were in E717 and the toilet didn't work for almost 2 days. The maintenance folks were in and out of our cabin more than we were. We finally called the Hotel Manager. It was so discouraging to have to go and use the public restrooms for two days. Finally, after this huge inconvenience and a big discount to our bill we totally forgot about it and enjoyed the rest of our cruise and our cabin.

It's why I like Princess, they want you happy and they want your cruising experience to be a good one!

Our initial call was to Passenger Services the first day......then by the second day we called the Hotel Manager and she "kicked it up a notch!"

Lots has been posted about toilet and heat issues on Crown so understand the OP's concern.

Happy to report we were on Crown 1/18 - 2/1 in D404 and had no problems. Also, our little refrigerator actually kept thing very cold. :)

LuLu

~~~~