Change in Jade itinerary--Mediterranean

I was trying to make a private tour in Izmir in November for November 16th. The travel agent told me that the ship was changing ports and would be going to Kusadasi instead of Izmir. Has anyone heard anything about that?

Friends who were on the Jan. 8, 2014 NCL JADE were told that after that cruise, Kusadasi will be the new port.

That would be a great change. We were on the Jade in early 2010, and we docked in Izmir, and of course went to Ephesus (on a private tour). That's nearly an hour each way. As noted above, Kusadasi is much closer, which will give you more time for touring.

Right now, one of the main web sites that shows what ships will be in which ports on which dates is showing the Jade in Izmir on Nov. 16, but that of course could change. Why not call NCL and ask them? In any event, it's months away; you and your tour operator will know by then where your ship will be!

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Turkey/321-Izmir/November_2014/

Have a great cruise!

I was trying to make a private tour in Izmir in November for November 16th. The travel agent told me that the ship was changing ports and would be going to Kusadasi instead of Izmir. Has anyone heard anything about that?

It is definate that norwegian ships will be calşing to kusadasi insted of

Izmır from april oneards.

spirit is doing the western Europe in the moment

and norwegian jade is Russia used as hotel at sochi winter olympics

It is definate that norwegian ships will be calşing to kusadasi insted of

Izmır from april oneards.

spirit is doing the western Europe in the moment

and norwegian jade is Russia used as hotel at sochi winter olympics

How are you aware of this please?

I'm going on this cruise at the start of April and there is nothing on the NCL website to suggest a change?

Many thanks:)

How are you aware of this please?

I'm going on this cruise at the start of April and there is nothing on the NCL website to suggest a change?

Many thanks:)

I called the local agents in Turkey and I did sent email to norwegian cruiseline

germany (europe office) and both had confirmed this officially

I believe Kusadasi is closer to Ephesus than Izmir[assume that's where you want to visit]

The private tour operators will know exactly which ships will be at each port-if you booked to secure their services they will make it their business to know where to meet you

Ephesus is 11 miles from the port of kusadasi

ızmir is 48 miles

We have been to both Izmir and Kusadasi (many times) and think that you folks should be happy if they have changed your port to Kusadasi. It is really a nice modern port, there is lots of shopping across the street and the major attractions like Ephesus are much closer to Kusadasi then they are to Izmir.

Hank

Many thanks Ada, will check for an official start date as ours is the 2nd April cruise and it may only kick in with the cruise later that month. Handy to know from a private excursion point of view :-)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app

Edited by dritan

We have been to both Izmir and Kusadasi (many times) and think that you folks should be happy if they have changed your port to Kusadasi. It is really a nice modern port, there is lots of shopping across the street and the major attractions like Ephesus are much closer to Kusadasi then they are to Izmir.

Hank

Agreed. I "did" Izmir last October and Kusadasi looks much more appealing.

Just another update on this. I've checked the UK ncl site and all seven night cruises stopping at Izmir have now changed to kusadasi. Sadly for me the change only kicks in at the end of April rather than the earlier ten night sailing. Izmir here I come again!

Hi,

We are going on the Norwegian Jade on 2 bakc to back cuises from Venice leaving 24th May. We are due to berth in Izmir on June 4 and having read the roll calls indicating a change from Izmir ro Kusadasi and having booked a tour with About Ephesus from Izmir I phoned Norwegian Cruise Lines Head Office and the person we booked our cruise to confirm. He advised that their was no indication from them to change the port and that the Jade will definitely call in at Izmir and not Kusadasi for this sailing although if it did change I am sure we will be notified so that we can let About Ephesus know.

Getting excited and less than 3 months to go before we leave for Rome via San Francisco. We are going to take the train from Rome where we are spending 3 days to go to Venice to catch the cruise and looking forward to that trip as well and hopefully we will get some scenic views from the train.

Ian and Tina Auckland New Zealand.

Hi,

We are going on the Norwegian Jade on 2 bakc to back cuises from Venice leaving 24th May. We are due to berth in Izmir on June 4 and having read the roll calls indicating a change from Izmir ro Kusadasi and having booked a tour with About Ephesus from Izmir I phoned Norwegian Cruise Lines Head Office and the person we booked our cruise to confirm. He advised that their was no indication from them to change the port and that the Jade will definitely call in at Izmir and not Kusadasi for this sailing although if it did change I am sure we will be notified so that we can let About Ephesus know.

Getting excited and less than 3 months to go before we leave for Rome via San Francisco. We are going to take the train from Rome where we are spending 3 days to go to Venice to catch the cruise and looking forward to that trip as well and hopefully we will get some scenic views from the train.

Ian and Tina Auckland New Zealand.

Thanks for that update. Yes I've noticed that although it started kusadasi on the search results screen, when you click into the cruise details screen, it refers to Izmir. Very confusing. Mind you that's also been happening with their prices this week too, on the UK site:mad::banghead:

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

The NCL website has now been changed to Kusadasi, and MyNCL for my Jade cruise in August also states it.

Some people on the NCL board have reported receiving notification from NCL for both Jade and Spirit cruises, so this is official now.

I am sailing on the Jade in May/June, I received an email from NCL yesterday stating that sailings from 10th May to 11th October will be going to Kusadasi instead of Izmir. I contacted the tour operator that I had booked a tour to Ephesus from, and he already knew of the change. I am really happy with the port change, a much shorter trip to Ephesus leaving us more time to tour.

I contacted the tour operator that I had booked a tour to Ephesus from, and he already knew of the change. I am really happy with the port change, a much shorter trip to Ephesus leaving us more time to tour.
The price of your tour should also be lower… Unless your tour operator is based in Izmir, in which case you might consider switching.