OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

Taking long time to load this page. Still too much fog. Opened WJ and PC for lunch...was madhouse. The sun is bright through the fog above us but still thick on our level.

Yes. All posts on here are naturally Whats your point Spring????!

Taking long time to load this page. Still too much fog. Opened WJ and PC for lunch...was madhouse. The sun is bright through the fog above us but still thick on our level.

Yes. All posts on here are naturally subjective. Whats your point Spring????!

Question for those in or familiar with Galveston. Are fog issues common this time of year only or are they a concern year round? Coming from the Midwest might need to consider this for future planning.

Sail a lot out of Galveston and have been on 5 fog related cruises all from Dec thru April. Once sat on the ship until Tues at 10am before able to get out of port, still had a great time and missed 1 port. Good news, no one got sea sick the first 2 days...LOL

Sail a lot out of Galveston and have been on 5 fog related cruises all from Dec thru April. Once sat on the ship until Tues at 10am before able to get out of port, still had a great time and missed 1 port. Good news, no one got sea sick the first 2 days...LOL

Been fogged in, I mean out of port 2 of my last 3 times in Galveston. once in January and once in March. Both times we disembarked 3pm-ish. Luckily, they re-opened the ship's bar and I got to spend more money.

It's 2:06 and we are still at sea. We are fogged out of Galveston & captain said Houston is fogged in as well.

We've been out of our rooms since 9am. Had lunch in the WJ after about 1.5 hours the lines were tolerable. They are playing a movie in the theater, a band in the star lounge & family games going on.

Captain has updated us every 30 minutes since 7am. Pilot boat is finally on its way at least an hour to the ship & no guarantee the fog will be lifted enough when they get here. Once pilot is onboard it's another 1.5 hours to port & then debarkation can begin.

Will give more details once back in port. I talked them into 15 min of internet so I could post this ;)

They are also now letting folks go back to their stateroom if they want to.

Edited by ace1zoe2

Yes. All posts on here are naturally subjective. Whats your point Spring????!

Its like most things, say food, you may not like what I eat, and I may not like what you eat, we each have our like 's and dislike's.

So what would be a serious issues for me may not be for you.:)

Edited by Spring

It's 2:06 and we are still at sea. We are fogged out of Galveston & captain said Houston is fogged in as well.

We've been out of our rooms since 9am. Had lunch in the WJ after about 1.5 hours the lines were tolerable. They are playing a movie in the theater, a band in the star lounge & family games going on.

Captain has updated us every 30 minutes since 7am. Pilot boat is finally on its way at least an hour to the ship & no guarantee the fog will be lifted enough when they get here. Once pilot is onboard it's another 1.5 hours to port & then debarkation can begin.

Will give more details once back in port. I talked them into 15 min of internet so I could post this ;)

You're definitely on your way into port now. I talked to my brother in Big D and the fog was all the way up to Dallas this morning.

Just announced that we are now moving & should be arriving in port around 4:15.

That's good news. Hope not too many have to catch flights. Everyone will have to compete with all the business flying crowd heading out on last flights out on Sunday.

That's good news. Hope not too many have to catch flights. Everyone will have to compete with all the business flying crowd heading out on last flights out on Sunday.

Funny thing, Capt Claus is one of those flight catchers going to Miami. At least one other has a five something departure. Hope they make it. We've had a great four night adventure.

Thankfully we are in the same stateroom! :)

Been fogged in, I mean out of port 2 of my last 3 times in Galveston. once in January and once in March. Both times we disembarked 3pm-ish. Luckily, they re-opened the ship's bar and I got to spend more money.

Thankfully I've been on a run of good luck lately with no fog issues sailing from here...hopefully is stays that way next month. Sad to see so many get messed up with fog issues sailing this year.

Funny thing, Capt Claus is one of those flight catchers going to Miami. At least one other has a five something departure. Hope they make it. We've had a great four night adventure.

Thankfully we are in the same stateroom! :)

Ope he has a company jet at GLS waiting on him. A five pm flight is basically missed because I doubt docking at 415 anyone will be off and cleared CBP before 430 and even then it would be five or after before they would be at Hobby on a fast trot to the airport. If captain is on seven pm flight he may just make it.

Uh oh, serious issues? Hopefully it's just the typical post dry dock issues. We'll be on her March 9th and hoping for smooth sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From what we experience, I would say typical post dry dock issues. For instance the new photo equipment crashed and all of the pictures were in tubs that you individually had to look thru hundreds of pictures to find your own. We spent probably 2.5-3 hours trying to find all of our group's photos.

It was back on line the last evening and that should not be a problem for future cruises. This was the only "real issue" for me personally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yay!!! We can see you from the shore now!! I'm ready to get on lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hopefully the next set of passengers can give the crew a break if everything isn't perfect when you board. Folks have been all over the ship from top to bottom with plates of food, drinks, ice cream etc, in lounges, rooms, dining room, promenade, etc.

They are going to have to hustle to get everything "shipshape" once we're off. Staterooms were cleaned earlier today then folks started going back to their rooms which will cause the attendants to have to do double duty today on some rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by ace1zoe2

Maybe she will be docked and disembarking folks by 330 or so given they are on harbor cam and not far from dock now. I suppose they will spin and back in for a fast escape back to sea.

Good job it's not me, I'm hopeless at driving backwards:eek::D

I can only speak for myself. But I will just be happy to be onboard and relaxing. I'm sure they will get everything cleaned up as soon as they can. We are watching you guys back in now :)

I can only speak for myself. But I will just be happy to be onboard and relaxing. I'm sure they will get everything cleaned up as soon as they can. We are watching you guys back in now :)

Good Luck

You might stay in port tonight thou.