OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

Mostly service issues I will relay those later. Cpt just updated at 10:30 it will be 2 more hours...still no pilot...viz is about 10 ft. Todd took a video but the fog is hackin around with signals. From the helo pad even the bridge is somewhat obstructed. we had a good time anyways.

Mostly service issues I will relay those later. Cpt just updated at 10:30 it will be 2 more hours...still no pilot...viz is about 10 ft. Todd took a video but the fog is hackin around with signals. From the helo pad even the bridge is somewhat obstructed. we had a good time anyways.

Wow. Pier 23 cam looks better than you describe it being offshore. I was looking at Marine traffic and noticed no traffic in channel then refreshed and noted two pax shops in dp mode or maybe CCL is anchored out by the sea buoy. Then I looked at cam to see the fog. Hope all are enjoying she extra time on ship. Wonder how many are b2b and really aren't affected too much by the delay other than if they planned a run to wmart.

Ok the breeze is beginning to blow and I can see further out at the water...maybe things are improving

Just looked at harbor cam and can't really see past Ocean Star. Pier 23 make out barely oil rig on other side of channel. Thus it is still a bit thick in Galveston.

Question for those in or familiar with Galveston. Are fog issues common this time of year only or are they a concern year round? Coming from the Midwest might need to consider this for future planning.

Edited by yesplease

Question for those in or familiar with Galveston. Are fog issues common this time of year only or are they a concern year round? Coming from the Midwest might need to consider this for future planning as we're coming from the Midwest.

It's the worst this time of year when the water is so much colder than the air. By mid-March, it's pretty rare. I've cruised out of Galveston 11 times...mostly in March, but also in April, November, and December. I've only been delayed once, and we arrived about 8:40.

Uh oh, serious issues? Hopefully it's just the typical post dry dock issues. We'll be on her March 9th and hoping for smooth sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Its the fog :eek:!

Edited by lady_cruiser

Here is what Carnival is putting out about the Magic: Carnival Magic – 02/09/14 The Port of Galveston is closed to all inbound and outbound traffic due to fog. At this time, we still can't provide you with an estimated arrival time for the Carnival Magic or the new check-in time for your cruise. We are hopeful the fog will clear later this afternoon but we'll continue to monitor the situation and provide you with another update no later than 2:00PM. Due to limited seating and parking facilities, we ask that you not proceed to the terminal before you receive our update. In the meantime, to stay in touch, if you haven't already done so, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates on our arrival into Galveston. If you already signed up during your online check-in, you will automatically receive updates.

I just heard that on the news.:( I looked on Vessel Finder, and both the Navigator and the Magic are in range. Magic looks like she's got the pedal to the metal...she's about 100 KM ahead of the Navigator right now.

Cindy,

Howdy! Just saw your post and wanted to touch base. We cruised together last Spring break and had a great time. I recently passed on your cabin crawl expertise for our Navigator cruise on 2/23 - thanks!

I noticed that you are signed up for the Baltic cruise in May and would love to hear your thoughts when you return. My sister and I are looking at a Baltic cruise in July. Bon voyage!

Deb

I will say that the sun is trying to peep through and fog is not as heavy as it was an hour ago. I figured this would probably happen today as weather is warming up a big down here before the next big cold front arrives on Tuesday. My DH drove to Houston early this a.m. for a half-marathon and was greeted with foggy conditions and, of course, no sun! Hopefully, the fog will dissipate soon!

Cindy,

Howdy! Just saw your post and wanted to touch base. We cruised together last Spring break and had a great time. I recently passed on your cabin crawl expertise for our Navigator cruise on 2/23 - thanks!

I noticed that you are signed up for the Baltic cruise in May and would love to hear your thoughts when you return. My sister and I are looking at a Baltic cruise in July. Bon voyage!

Deb

Sure, Deb! We're really looking forward to the Baltic cruise...it's a replacement for our Millennium Pacific Coastal that got cancelled in September due to mechanical problems.

If you want to take a look at tour providers, prices, etc., I set up a website for the Baltic cruise. Here's a link: http://www.celebrityconstellationbalticcrui.com/

I will say that the sun is trying to peep through and fog is not as heavy as it was an hour ago. I figured this would probably happen today as weather is warming up a big down here before the next big cold front arrives on Tuesday. My DH drove to Houston early this a.m. for a half-marathon and was greeted with foggy conditions and, of course, no sun! Hopefully, the fog will dissipate soon!

When I looked at weather at ranch they are calling for cold front as early as tomorrow so perhaps tomorrow evening in Galveston. Agree weather shaped up to be a foggy day today. Bad on a cruise day.

Here is what Carnival is putting out about the Magic: Carnival Magic – 02/09/14 The Port of Galveston is closed to all inbound and outbound traffic due to fog. At this time, we still can't provide you with an estimated arrival time for the Carnival Magic or the new check-in time for your cruise. We are hopeful the fog will clear later this afternoon but we'll continue to monitor the situation and provide you with another update no later than 2:00PM. Due to limited seating and parking facilities, we ask that you not proceed to the terminal before you receive our update. In the meantime, to stay in touch, if you haven't already done so, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates on our arrival into Galveston. If you already signed up during your online check-in, you will automatically receive updates.

I signed up for the text just for the fun of it, mostly to see how late it comes in and goes out! Navigator would most likely follow along the same timing of things.

Edited by Arizona Cruz Chic