Princess 3 for free

dotty52

I went to book a cruise listed on the 3 for free list and was told that as a past passanger I was not elegible for them unless I paid the full price ,how is that extra savings for past passengers as advertised on the promotion ,needless to say I didnt book the cruise at all out of principal,anybody else have any issues with the promotion?

we booked 2 cruises for the 3 for 3 and as long as the cruise is on the list you should still get any discount rates, we did.....when you book the cruise take a copy of the t&c

http://www.princess.com/cruisedeals/au_3forfreesale.jsp#.UvR7u87SnBs

That is the list I went off ,when you click into the cruise it gives you a cheaper price ,and that was the one I was told I could not book and get the three for free. this was with Princess themselves , might try another operator ,although travel agent told me the same thing would have to pay $300.00 more to get the 3 for free ,but its not really free then is it ,why cant things be straight foward,

thanks for you input

It could be that as a past passenger you were offered a different promotional code with a lower rate that is not combinable with the 3 for free promotion. Often times companies will target very specific demographs to offer certain or special rates, those rates are then (since they are much lower) are not eligible for other promotions.

It's like if you received a coupon for a McDonalds cheeseburger, small fries, and a small drink (essentially a happy meal minus the toy) for, say $1. Let's say a Happy Meal costs $4. You couldn't use your coupon to then get a Happy Meal for $1, it's not applicable. I don't know if that is the case here, but it very well could be. Worth calling again to make sure you got the correct answer. Good luck!

That is the list I went off ,when you click into the cruise it gives you a cheaper price ,and that was the one I was told I could not book and get the three for free. this was with Princess themselves , might try another operator ,although travel agent told me the same thing would have to pay $300.00 more to get the 3 for free ,but its not really free then is it ,why cant things be straight foward,

thanks for you input

we are elite and we got the cheaper price and going by Terms & Conditions.

someone asked the princess moderator on facebook about the 3 for 3 special and when you embark the ship you will be given vouchers....we get $400 of excursion plus the speciality dinner or the photo/bottle of wine and i hope we get those things

We just booked this week and had issues with Princess honoring one of their promotions. It was rather disappointing but luckily it wasn't an insane amount of money just a $25 obc. Oh well. Good luck with yours, hope you can figure it out!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I can't pull up the AU version of the 3 for Free deal, but the US version includes the following disclaimer: "This offer is capacity controlled and may not be combinable with any other public, group or past passenger offers..."

We usually just book online and a couple of times we've had to decide which was the better deal -- the past passenger rate or the current promotion (usually it is the past passenger rate). But it is frustrating that some people are apparently getting the deal, while others are not!

Princess can and does run multiple promotions on certain sailings. You have to decide if you want a lower "past passenger" fare without the "3 for free" perks or, possibly, a higher one with them. I know that they are also running a "Spring Savings" promo that offers a low fare with a bit of OBC, but the deposit is non-refundable. Decisions, decisions...:)

I haven't tried to book with this offer, but does anyone else think it is kind of lame? Especially compared to some of the perks being offered by other lines.

It's not "lame" if you are already planning on this sailing, it's an added bonus. :)

We have just taken advantage of a price drop on our May cruise which has the UK equivalent of 3 for free. We had used a FCC on the initial booking and still maintained the OBC as well as the past passenger reduction, and received the new perks as well.

If UK passengers are now getting a better deal than US ones, this must be a first!;)

It's not "lame" if you are already planning on this sailing, it's an added bonus. :)

That's true--but it wouldn't cause me to run out and book a cruise because of that promotion.

It sounds like there are restrictions, so that if you are getting a really good rate, the promo probably won't apply.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions ,I have emailed Princess and am awaiting a reply,I know there are other promotions but I just followed the list of cruises that were sent to me for the promotion that were included in the 3 for free ,so of course you think that is what you would get ,but was told if it doesnt show up next to your cabin number you dont get it ,will just have to wait and see

Princess can and does run multiple promotions on certain sailings. You have to decide if you want a lower "past passenger" fare without the "3 for free" perks or, possibly, a higher one with them. I know that they are also running a "Spring Savings" promo that offers a low fare with a bit of OBC, but the deposit is non-refundable. Decisions, decisions...:)

A good reason to always have FCC available. At the most you lose the $100 pp deposit.

we are elite and we got the cheaper price and going by Terms & Conditions.

someone asked the princess moderator on facebook about the 3 for 3 special and when you embark the ship you will be given vouchers....we get $400 of excursion plus the speciality dinner or the photo/bottle of wine and i hope we get those things

Did you go online and book or through TA

Did you go online and book or through TA

we booked thru a TA and they rang princess and we do get the 3 for free promotion....going by the t&c it wont show up until you embark but i would still take a copy of the t&c

We just booked on this promotion and I see the details in our confirmation. Is the shore excursion credit separate from the OBC I see listed on the reservation? My TA said she was adding OBC but I was not sure if the 3 for free credit was additional.

Thanks for the help

I called Princess in Oct. to book our cruise departing in May. We are past passengers. We got past passenger rate and also the 3 for free promotion. In addition we got OBC for my husband being a military vet. AND we got a huge discount because in Sept. our cruise from Copenhagen to NY had to have a change of itinerary due to bad weather. All pax were given back half of what they had paid for their cruise in the form of future cruise discount. So I'd sure call Princess directly about your situation. The associate I dealt with was really nice and very accommodating. Good luck!

Edited by 1965

We just booked on this promotion and I see the details in our confirmation. Is the shore excursion credit separate from the OBC I see listed on the reservation? My TA said she was adding OBC but I was not sure if the 3 for free credit was additional.

Thanks for the help

going by the t&c the promotion wont go into your account until you embark

Well just spent at least half an hour on the phone ,and apparently if you book through the website under the 3 for free it automatically reverts to the cheapest price that does not include the 3 for free ,(not that you can tell) to get the 3 for free you need to book direct or through TA and the fare is $200.00 more ,not really 3 for free is it but my point was that if any past passangers book through the web site they will not know that the fare showing is not for the promotion that they thought ,hope all that makes sense so I supse the moral of the story is nothing is really for free . thanks everybody enjoy your cruises