Dream Repositioning Cruise booked today!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Lyncoya

We just booked the repositioning cruise on the Dream. We finally get to see Aruba. PLUS it's a 9 day cruise. So very excited! :)

Where do you live i.e. I am wondering about to from the ports since you start in one port and end in another. We usually drive our car which would be out. Also, does the passport card work or is a passport required since it is not closed loop. Thanks.

Where do you live i.e. I am wondering about to from the ports since you start in one port and end in another. We usually drive our car which would be out. Also, does the passport card work or is a passport required since it is not closed loop. Thanks.

I live in Wisconsin. The airfare is actually a lot cheaper than ANY roundtrip flight to Florida I've priced.

Also, per the Carnival website, a passport isn't required for this open looped cruise. I am in no way promoting NOT getting a passport. But yes, a passport card would work.

We just booked the repositioning cruise on the Dream. We finally get to see Aruba. PLUS it's a 9 day cruise. So very excited! :)

There is a roll call for this cruise. Check it out. We too are booked on this trip! We are so excited. For us it is our first repositioning. We are fortunate to live in Florida and are renting a car one way to Pt. Canaveral and then booked a one-way flight from NOLA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is a roll call for this cruise. Check it out. We too are booked on this trip! We are so excited. For us it is our first repositioning. We are fortunate to live in Florida and are renting a car one way to Pt. Canaveral and then booked a one-way flight from NOLA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'll do that, thanks!!! and YES, you are lucky!

Dumb question but what is the difference between repo and regular cruise

A repositioning cruise begins in one port and ends in another.

For example, this cruise begins in Orlando and ends in New Orleans. :)

I'm on the cruise with you. Come over and join our roll call. We are a very active group with a lot of fun activities planned

Congratulations! Have fun and we are looking forward to her being in New Orleans. We sail on her in July and are so excited!

Lisa

Dumb question but what is the difference between repo and regular cruise

A repositioning cruise is one where the cruise line is changing where the ship will be making port for a time period.

In this case, the Dream has been doing itineraries out of Port Canaveral. Now it will be moved to do itinieraries from New Orleans instead. The cruiseline will allow people to cruise as they move the ship to the new port.

Alot of folks look forward to these repo cruises as they run a unique itinerary and usually have some good seas days too.

Have a great cruise! We're on the opposite - Sunshine repo from NOLA to Port Canaveral.

Have cruised the Dream 3 times and loved it! Love the cove balcony!

We were eyeballin' that cruise too, but I wasn't too sure about cruising for 11 days. Have an awesome cruise!

My family and I will also be on this cruise and talked some friends into going also. I'm also excited about Aruba!

I wish we had family and friends traveling with us. But that's OK, my husband and I will have a good time. Aruba will make up for it! lol :)

• 2 weeks later...