Booked our First Cruise!!!!

Well I have just booked our first Cruise!!

We are leaving March 20 2015 on Rhapsody of the Seas.

We have also booked cabin 7652 AFT corner balcony which I am super excited about!!

Will be travelling with hubby and our 2 girls that will be 5 & 7.

I looked for a roll call but it seems one hasn't been started yet?

I'm sure I'll be on with lots of questions over the next year lol

:)

Just checked in case you'd missed it but, no, you're right. So frustrating when that happens......so much excitement and nobody to share it with. Looks like you will have to be the one to start it.Maybe that's what your fellow cruisers are waiting for:) In the meantime you'll have to spend your time and ask questions on the Royal board. I'm sure you'll soon be addicted to cruising and Cruisecritic like the rest of us:)

We're on Rhapsody 3 May 2015 and already our roll call is up to 292 posts, but it's a one off repositioning cruise where all the suites and balconies are already sold out:eek:

We have also booked cabin 7652 AFT corner balcony which I am super excited about!!

So exciting..congrats! CC is a great community do any questions, just ask away.

Welcome to cruising!

One thing first timers usually get a bit of a shock from is their final bill when the cruise is over. There are things that are not included which can really add up: tips for the staff, adult beverages, specialty dining, gift shop purchases, spa services, shore excursions purchased on board, etc. just be prepared so you aren't unpleasantly surprised!

Welcome to cruising!

One thing first timers usually get a bit of a shock from is their final bill when the cruise is over. There are things that are not included which can really add up: tips for the staff, adult beverages, specialty dining, gift shop purchases, spa services, shore excursions purchased on board, etc. just be prepared so you aren't unpleasantly surprised!

Sunsetbeachgal,

I'm from just a couple of hrs up from you---Atlantic Beach way...! Saw that you were going on FOS in March, we're doing that cruise in Sept-first RCCL cruise....:)

Thanks for your welcome and replies. The one thing we are trying to work out is the pre-paid gratitudes. How will people know we have paid, won't we end up

Tipping twice?

The staff are given lists of their guests, so they know who have paid (and who have removed) gratuities.

Thanks for your welcome and replies. The one thing we are trying to work out is the pre-paid gratitudes. How will people know we have paid, won't we end up

Tipping twice?

On the cruise you generally don't tip as you go. If you don't prepay gratuities, you just pay the standard (or raise or lower it at your discretion) upon closing out your account on the final day of the cruise. This covers gratuities for all waitstaff and cabin steward. When it comes to all pay-extra drinks, an automatic 15% gratuity is added to all orders (with the option of tipping more if you choose). If you are buying an unlimited beverage package, base 15% gratuity is already included.

Edited by Dajbman22

Also, now that you've booked a balcony cabin for your first cruise, it'll be really hard to ever book an ocean-view or inside cabin. It's just a much more intimate experience getting your own private outside space. There is hardly a better feeling on earth than having that first cup of coffee in the morning just sitting out on your balcony, taking in the sea air. Once you go balcony you never go back...ony.

Edited by Dajbman22

We had a deck eight aft on our Alaska cruise and loved it. We had a staircase a free steps from down the hallway so we could go up right into the spa and on to the park cafe. Don't remember if it went down to seven, but is check out out.

I would not worry about about future cruises just yet. Orr first were in junior suites, then we had to move to inside systems for a few cruises. They're still fun, and we saved a lot so we could spend elsewhere.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

Edited by knittinggirl

Congratulations. You are going to have a blast. I booked my first cruise in November 2011 for an April 2012 cruise from San Juan-Barcelona on the Serenade Of the Seas with my Father. We enjoyed it so much that we booked a second one on the Navigator last April from New Orleans-Rome on the Navigator Of The Seas.

This year I found an amazing itinerary for a good price from Sao Paulo(Santos Brazil-Barcelona).

Can you see a pattern? You are going to love cruising so much that you will want to book your next cruise onboard or soon after you get home.

Be sure to at least book an Oceanview Cabin if not a Balcony. An interior cabin for your first cruise is not recommended in my opinion.

If you can handle a 14 night cruise with many sea days then I would look at a Trans Atlantic Cruise.

Be sure you sign up for your Crown and Anchor membership on board the ship. On your second cruise you will be Gold. You can get the onboard booking Onboard Credit Bonus as a Crown and Anchor member.

On your sea day go to the Main Dining Room for their Tutti Salad Bar its delicious. The servers will make your customized salad. Then you can order off the menu for your Entree. I'm warning you the salads are big and you may not need to eat anything else.

On your first day go to The Park Cafe in the Solarium it will be less crowded. Not many people know it exists. There you can get a roast beef sandwich, salads, soups etc. In the mornings they have a Bagel Bar, Breakfast Items etc. They also have cookies for lunch among other deserts. There is no extra charge.

Also there is the Boardwalk Dog House for some great Hot Dogs. Also head over to the Cafe Promenade which is different than Park Cafe located in the Promenade.

For a charge you can go to Chops Steakhouse for $30 per person for their amazing steaks, large Idaho potatoes, appetizers and if they have the Red Velvet Cake order that. Just remember they are happy to send you back to your room with desert if your too full.

Room Service is included however between 12 AM and 5 AM there is a $3.95 charge. Room Service can be ordered via your TV and they have items for Breakfast, Lunch Dinner.

Be sure you arrive to the pier at the earliest time posted on your SetSail Pass. You have paid for the boarding day so why not board early and tour the ship?

To save time at checkin fill out and print your SailPass online.

I highly recommend that you arrive to the departure port a day or two before and stay a day or two after so as not to rush to get to the ship and rush to the plane to go home.

Enjoy the Flowrider on a Port Day if there is a port you do not want to get off at have a Spa Treatment, enjoy a book in the library or in the solarium.

And have lots of fun!!!