Self-service laundry

redrightreturning

So far only the Royal (and soon the Regal) use the tokens.

We were on the Royal in Jan/14 and I loved the swipe the cruise card to get the tokens :)

No more trying to come up with enough american quarters to do the wash.

I also thought the dryers on the Royal dried faster/better then the Sapphire or Caribbean.

Our last sea day (call me crazy bit I like coming home with no dirty laundry) I had a large amount to wash and dry and thought, "this will be a two token dry" Nope not at all :D

We're new with Princess so not sure how their self-service laundry works. Do we bring our own detergent/fabric softener or they have them to purchase onboard? Silly question, I know, lol....

Thanks for your help :)

They will sell it to you, $1.25 a pop. I use a laundry kit with a tube full of detergent pods, one plastic bag with softener sheets, another with quarters

They will sell it to you, $1.25 a pop. I use a laundry kit with a tube full of detergent pods, one plastic bag with softener sheets, another with quarters

I do the same thing. The pods are so easy to carry, as are the dryer sheets. On a 14 day cruise, I also use the 'stuff the laundry bag' service. I got a lot of things into that one bag for less than $20.00!

2 more cruises and I'm elite. Free laundry here I come!

Maureen

For those cruising on Royal Princess, here are a few pictures that show the step by step process in purchasing tokens:

Port side of the Deck 10 self-service laundrymat

11289125746_ffbcecd565_c.jpg

The token machine - touch screen to start process

11289155483_c6c81cc00a_c.jpg

Next screen you'll choose number of total loads (wash AND dry) plus any vended products

11289155823_9b52df4318_c.jpg

Selections made...I had one load of wash, one load to dry, and I wanted to get one box of soap from the vending machine

11289155833_1895362a66_c.jpg

Now you'll swipe your room key card

11289155843_4f8a3de712_c.jpg

One token for the box of soap from the vending machine, one token for washer, and one token for the dryer.

11289156503_c83ef35657_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Thank you all for your help (the photos are awesome!!) We've only cruised RCCL and some other ones but not on Princess. This self-service laundry and MUTS are converting us to cruise on Princess more and more, lol!!! Especially now that their ships are over here in the west coast offering a lot of great itineraries, I think we'll be doing just that :)

Thanks again!!

That's probably because PCL saiils internationally :)

Yes, with the US dollar used on all ships not Oz-based. I will restate that it is a generic token design, very common.

That being said I doubt if slugs are a problem.

Edited by Wehwalt