Grand Suite Concierge

philps

Does the concierge always e-mail you before the cruise?:)

We've only had one concierge not email us and he was on Navigator December 2012. Not sure if he's still there. All the others emailed us probably sometime within 10 days of the cruise.

The only one that did not email us ahead of time was the Oasis concierge. There were two of them and a joke. They never greeted us or even spoke to us. All other ships have reached out to us and have been quick to respond back. Indy and Serenade have been the best so far. You can always email them yourself.

Keep calm and cruise on

WE didn't get an email from the concierge's on the Allure of the Seas but did get an email from the concierge on the Liberty both times for our recent B2B. It really stood out to me and it surely reflected in the service that she provided to us during both cruises. If they go the extra effort to email you, then they will provide that personal attention you may need on the ship. That's just my experience and we were very Pleased with Oana on the liberty. Not so much on the Allure.

Since this will be our 1st grand suite why would the concierge email you? We definitely do not want a cabana on Labadee.

It's mostly a courtesy & welcome aboard by the conceige...they usually ask if you need them to make any spa or specialty dining reservations...that type of thing...

The only one that did not email us ahead of time was the Oasis concierge. There were two of them and a joke. They never greeted us or even spoke to us. All other ships have reached out to us and have been quick to respond back. Indy and Serenade have been the best so far. You can always email them yourself.

Keep calm and cruise on

Sorry to hear of your experience. Ours regarding Oasis was just the opposite. We were contacted ahead of time and found them both to be very gracious and accommodating. One was a former Diamond Club concierge who we knew previously from that role. The other, who had been recently appointed at the time, has since moved on to another ship on which we've sailed and remembered us from Oasis. They both helped make both cruises very memorable. But they treated all of the passengers with similar courtesy and service when we cruised with them on Oasis.

Agree with your comments regarding Independence - very good as well in our experience.

Hopefully your situation was not common or involved different personnel.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It's mostly a courtesy & welcome aboard by the conceige...they usually ask if you need them to make any spa or specialty dining reservations...that type of thing...

Thanks! We will be waiting until we get onboard to book specialty restaurants/packages because of the OBC.

Keep calm and cruise on

My Oasis sailing was my first cruise. I booked an Owners Suite, A Grand Suite, and a JR suite for my family. I never heard anything from either concierge for the duration of that trip:(. On my Adventure Cruise Sylvia:D:D was very helpful & reached out to me serval time prior to our sailing!

My Oasis sailing was my first cruise. I booked an Owners Suite, A Grand Suite, and a JR suite for my family. I never heard anything from either concierge for the duration of that trip:(. On my Adventure Cruise Sylvia:D:D was very helpful & reached out to me serval time prior to our sailing!

Maybe Oasis and Allure are too big. However, with that much invested in suites on one cruise you would think they'd be eager to please and help. Obviously you had many people in your party and could use a little attention.

Keep calm and cruise on

We have received the advance welcome 'e-mail' for our cruises except one. As I remember, I e-mailed first because wanted to be the first to reserve the over water cabana on Labadee. As it turned out, they were already sold out and we picked a cabana further back from the water. Ended up really enjoying that one and all went well.

For some of the other posters, I will say that we have had mixed experience with the concierge staff on Allure; one time was great and the other was just ok but much less attentive.

The best concierge ever was last summer on IOS with Raj - he was the best!

Does the concierge always e-mail you before the cruise?:)

Most do send you a welcome aboard email like this one JD sent us on our last cruise

Dear Mr. & Mrs.

It is my pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Radiance of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

My name is Juan Diego Miranda Allen, your Concierge onboard from Panama. I am here to assist you with any requests you may have throughout your cruise vacation and I am available daily in the Concierge Club lounge from 8:00 am – 11:00 am and again from 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm.

As a special Suite Guest you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the Radiance of the Seas. Use of the Concierge Club located on Deck 13, mid ship.

Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8:00 am to 10:00 am.

Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

Daily snacks served in the Concierge Club around 12:30 pm.

He then listed more amenities and gave us his phone numbers and pager number. Also offering to pre book any specialty restaurants ect. Even if you don't need anything pre booked it is a very nice touch when they make that extra effort. We always tip the Concierge's that send us a welcome emails more than the ones that don't.

Edited by Jasp 0401

On the IOS March 2013 Ryno filled in for Raj and did am awesome job! Ryno ended up getting our WOW card and a larger tip than we normally do. I'm afraid Ryno has set our expectations high from now on. I heard great things about Raj as well.

Keep calm and cruise on

Most do contact you...

The ones that do are smart! Start that process of building the end of cruise gratuity!

We always tip the Concierge's that send us a welcome emails more than the ones that don't.

Yep! I'm surprised to hear this is so hit and miss. It doesn't take much time at all to set up those mailings, and those who DO take the time probably always end up with significantly more $$ at the end of the cruise than those who DON'T.

Sorry to hear of your experience. Ours regarding Oasis was just the opposite. We were contacted ahead of time and found them both to be very gracious and accommodating. One was a former Diamond Club concierge who we knew previously from that role. The other, who had been recently appointed at the time, has since moved on to another ship on which we've sailed and remembered us from Oasis. They both helped make both cruises very memorable. But they treated all of the passengers with similar courtesy and service when we cruised with them on Oasis.

Agree with your comments regarding Independence - very good as well in our experience.

Hopefully your situation was not common or involved different personnel.

I was on the Oasis last November and concierge were Great and Allen helped me with a problem. We had gone on an excursion in Saint Thomas to Coral World and our driver never came to pick to us up and left about 15 people stranded there, he contacted the excursion director and made arrangements for me to talk to him and I told him what happen and was able to get some money taken off my bill which was nice. Our Grand Suite on the Oasis was much nicer then the Allure which had issues, but when we let them know about the problems they came and fixed them right away.