Pitchers of Beer on the Epic?

sixesandeights

Does anyone know if they still sell pitchers on the Epic? I found a post from 2010 that mentioned them being 15.81 after tip, but I am sure that has changed by now. If they do have pitchers is the price different per beer? What beers do they have on draft?

6&8

We never saw any pitchers but purchased buckets of beer, where it was buy 5 and get the 6th beer free. My husband (after a lot of testing) says the best one to buy were the fosters beers, because by ounces they were the best deal...traveling with a financial analysist is never easy:cool:

• 1 month later...

I just got off the Epic last week. O'Sheehan's sells pitchers for total $15.81 with gratuity. They have plastic but since I was the only drinker, they gave me a chilled stainless steel pitcher which kept the Newcastle good and cold the entire time.

The pitcher holds a little over three tall glasses of beer, which go for $6.84 each. A 12 oz bottle of Newcastle is $6.04.

A 16 oz aluminum bottle of miller lite is 6.33.

I remember Newcastle and Stella being on tap. But there were others. (Though NO Irish beers)

If you get the bucket of beer and ice melts away, get another bucket of just ice from any bar or waiter. They don't mind.

I just got off the Epic last week. O'Sheehan's sells pitchers for total $15.81 with gratuity. They have plastic but since I was the only drinker, they gave me a chilled stainless steel pitcher which kept the Newcastle good and cold the entire time.

The pitcher holds a little over three tall glasses of beer, which go for $6.84 each. A 12 oz bottle of Newcastle is $6.04.

I remember Newcastle and Stella being on tap. But there were others. (Though NO Irish beers)

If you get the bucket of beer and ice melts away, get another bucket of just ice from any bar or waiter. They don't mind.

Great to know!

Alongs these lines of beer talk.....do we have to drink the bucket where we bought it? I'm wondering if we can buy a bucket or two and keep a stash in our refridgerator in the cabin.

Alongs these lines of beer talk.....do we have to drink the bucket where we bought it? I'm wondering if we can buy a bucket or two and keep a stash in our refridgerator in the cabin.

You're free to take it wherever you want. We usually buy a bucket even if were just having a bottle each, and take the rest to our room. Your room steward will take the bucket away when you're done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're free to take it wherever you want. We usually buy a bucket even if were just having a bottle each, and take the rest to our room. Your room steward will take the bucket away when you're done.

Thank you.....I thought there may be a maritime law on the books that says you must finish your bucket of beer at point of sale. :rolleyes:

Our week of drinking is starting to shape up nicely.....:)

Thank you.....I thought there may be a maritime law on the books that says you must finish your bucket of beer at point of sale. :rolleyes:

Our week of drinking is starting to shape up nicely.....:)

One of the great things about cruising is how acceptable it is to wander around with drinks. After your meal, just grab your bottle of wine and move on to your next destination with it. Carry your bucket of beer around with you. Nobody cares.

*off-topic*

I keep reading this subject line as "pictures of beer" instead of "pitchers", and so I keep clicking on this thread to see the pictures. I'm at work, and apparently I'm ready to see some beer.

Shame I didn't read your post a couple of hours ago. I'd have taken a picture of the beer I was drinking outside my hotel in Barcelona as we prepare to get on the Spirit tomorrow. :)

Shame I didn't read your post a couple of hours ago. I'd have taken a picture of the beer I was drinking outside my hotel in Barcelona as we prepare to get on the Spirit tomorrow. :)

Have a great cruise! Cheers!

ImageUploadedByForums1397516486.814402.jpg.b7f81c38b4ad45ef4789ac5522d8e1c4.jpg

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

One of the great things about cruising is how acceptable it is to wander around with drinks. After your meal, just grab your bottle of wine and move on to your next destination with it. Carry your bucket of beer around with you. Nobody cares.

Sorry, OP, I feel that I'm hijacking, but I've got these trained cruise drinkers here at I don't want to let them go. Next question: wine glasses on the pool decks. Are they plastic shaped wine glasses or just plain ole plastic cups? It makes a difference. Believe me. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Cruiser Who Knows Nothing

Sorry, OP, I feel that I'm hijacking, but I've got these trained cruise drinkers here at I don't want to let them go. Next question: wine glasses on the pool decks. Are they plastic shaped wine glasses or just plain ole plastic cups? It makes a difference. Believe me. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wine glass shaped plastic glasses.

Ack! Thanks anyway, and have a fabulous cruise!