Deluxe Ocean View Rooms

Lovesatq

I would hope that those passengers who are fresh air lovers are considerate and wise enough to keep the door to the balcony shut except for going in and out.

Why?

Well the ship has an engineered HVAC or air system that requires a controlled volume to circulate clean filtered air.

. To achieve this, the air handling/circulation units have to pressurize the ship...or Hotel...or office with about 0.25-.5+ pressure over the outside air /atmospheric pressure.

Opening and leaving open a window, even a crack depressurizes the whole area or zone and deprives all the adjacent areas , in this case cabins, of their required air circulation. The system can not compensate for even a small but continuous leak for long.

Hotels here in Hawaii have now installed cut off switches in sliding doors and windows that turn off the entire air/ducts/AC in your room to avoid outside contamination and system failure, when you open them for any reason.

Worse, the outside air when high in humidity and introduce molds and bacteria's that can make a home in the ducting/condensers and cause wide spread respiratory problems over the area served. ( remember legionnaires disease..?) as well as the condensers to ice up rendering the whole system out of services.

So please keep the doors shut at all times...and keep everybody healthy and happy.

If what you say is correct, then Oceania should post signs on balcony doors asking that they be closed and stop leaving doors permanently open from Terrace cafe to rear outdoor eating deck during meal hours on O class ships.

If what you say is correct, then Oceania should post signs on balcony doors asking that they be closed and stop leaving doors permanently open from Terrace cafe to rear outdoor eating deck during meal hours on O class ships.

The ship, like a building, is divided up into zones. Some zones can be shut off from others and isolated. You may notice double sets of doors places in areas not to be obtrusive.

for the public areas they damper down because they have a very high flow of outside area available

However, for the living spaces ( cabins) it is anticipated there will be little outside air. Thus the living spaces are more susceptible.

The UBC requires for enclosed spaces on land very strict building requirements

an example would be the exhaust fans required in all enclosed bathrooms.

I think that somewhere in your cabin information it says NOT to leave veranda doors open as it destroys the ships AC. I know on Regent they had a card in each room... saying just that. I can tell you from experience that I have had "experiences" in my cabin when my next door left his door open.

Totally screwed my ventilation

If what you say is correct, then Oceania should post signs on balcony doors asking that they be closed

There are notices

They also post in THE CURRENTS

It also has notices about the use of cell phones in the dining venues & chair hogging sorry saving

but who reads them

I thought this was about Ocean View cabins, but now there are interjections about how insensible some guests seem to be.

There were several posts comparing Ocean view to Balcony. Wherein one advantage that was mentioned was that Balconies have the advantage of fresh air and the implication was you could leave the doors open.

My post was not about insensitive people but why that's not a valid advantage because it should not be done.

So... removing one confusing point some used to compare ocean view cabins to any other.

There were several posts comparing Ocean view to Balcony. Wherein one advantage that was mentioned was that Balconies have the advantage of fresh air and the implication was you could leave the doors open.

My post was not about insensitive people but why that's not a valid advantage because it should not be done.

So... removing one confusing point some used to compare ocean view cabins to any other.

Most of us do NOT ever leave the doors open but we do get out first thing in the morning and many other times during the day and in the evening for good fresh ocean air.

Most of us do NOT ever leave the doors open but we do get out first thing in the morning and many other times during the day and in the evening for good fresh ocean air.

that is why I book a balcony...to get that boost of fresh air and light....living in So Cal....my whole life...I can't stay in a cabin/room with out that option...LuAnn