Century Suite on Celebrity Century

weenie2

Hi there.

Has anybody stayed in one of the Century suites on Celebrity Century? I am considering upgrading my Dad from Concierge to Century suite so he has the same perks as us in the Sky Suite. Not sure if it is worth doing or not.

There is some bad feedback about noise from Sunset bar in these suites, but no great photos of suite or its bathroom (which has been described as sumptuous?). Any photos or comments from someone who has stayed in a Century Suite would be gratefully received.

thanks so much

We enjoyed the Century Suite. The Sunset Bar wasn't noisy at night. We were on the deck just below, and every so often something from there would show up on the balcony the next day, along with a bit of soot, but nothing to cause any trouble. We liked the breakfast menu and ate back there most mornings.

We have not stayed in the Century suite, but it is included in the VIP lounge (Sky suite is not). This is a VERY nice benefit.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

I believe the OP is asking about Century suites on the Century which are the smallest suites on that ship class. I would think that they are not included in the higher end suites that have access to the VIP lounge. The Century suites on the S-Class ships are much, much larger, more expensive, and do have access to the VIP lounge. :)

I believe the OP is asking about Century suites on the Century which are the smallest suites on that ship class. I would think that they are not included in the higher end suites that have access to the VIP lounge. The Century suites on the S-Class ships are much, much larger, more expensive, and do have access to the VIP lounge. :)

correct. Century suites on the Century are not 'real' suites. (think a JS on Royal). I had a Century suite booked and then upgraded to a Sky to get the full suite benefits.

The Century suites are ONLY on the Century. There are no Century suites on the S class suites. I think that you are thinking of the Celebrity suites on the S class ships. The Celebrity suite is the lowest class suite with access to the VIP lounge on the M &S class ships. Believe me (I am onboard the Century in the VIP lounge as I type this) the Century suites ARE included in the VIP lounge onboard the Century.

Can I ask what exactly the VIP lounge is on the Century. I have just booked a Sky Suite for an April cruise, our first ever suite, and am trying to find out the benefits. I love the extra room in the suite and anything else is a bonus.

Many thanks

Wendy

The Century suites are ONLY on the Century. There are no Century suites on the S class suites. I think that you are thinking of the Celebrity suites on the S class ships. The Celebrity suite is the lowest class suite with access to the VIP lounge on the M &S class ships. Believe me (I am onboard the Century in the VIP lounge as I type this) the Century suites ARE included in the VIP lounge onboard the Century.

Tommy is absolutely correct. I was in a Century Suite on Century for the first 3 day cruise and was included in the new VIP lounge. Nice perk that's not available to those in the higher priced and better Sky Suite. I was at the center of the ship on the top aft deck. By far the worst cabin I ever had. Soot was a problem and the trash from above was a real problem. The balcony was dirty and in poor condition. Never able to use the balcony. In Concierge for the first 8 day and it was definately a better experience. Will be returning to century tomorrow to a Sky Suite. Will not be invited to the VIP lounge in Michael's Club, but in a better cabin.

Tommy is absolutely correct. I was in a Century Suite on Century for the first 3 day cruise and was included in the new VIP lounge. Nice perk that's not available to those in the higher priced and better Sky Suite. I was at the center of the ship on the top aft deck. By far the worst cabin I ever had. Soot was a problem and the trash from above was a real problem. The balcony was dirty and in poor condition. Never able to use the balcony. In Concierge for the first 8 day and it was definately a better experience. Will be returning to century tomorrow to a Sky Suite. Will not be invited to the VIP lounge in Michael's Club, but in a better cabin.

We too are in Sky Suites (SS1) on an upcoming Century cruise. Why on earth would the Century Suites, which are basically Concierge Class Aft Cabins, awarded such a luxury when the much more expensive and "VIP-ish" Sky Suites are afforded nothing? This makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by curtdesilets
spelling

We too are in Sky Suites (SS1) on an upcoming Century cruise. Why on earth would the Century Suites, which are basically Concierge Class Aft Cabins, awarded such a luxury when the much more expensive and "VIP-ish" Sky Suites are afforded nothing? This makes absolutely no sense.

I agree, but that's the policy. Perhaps there are just too many Sky Suites for Michael's Club. The situation vanishes when Century leaves the fleet.

I agree, but that's the policy. Perhaps there are just too many Sky Suites for Michael's Club. The situation vanishes when Century leaves the fleet.

Our last Century Cruise was our first as Elites, and we loved the VIP treatment we had in Michael's club for breakfast and Happy Hour cocktails.

Now we are Sky Suite, and still Elite, yet no Michaels' Club.

I just hope the cocktail parties in the Crystal Lounge are equally good.

Our last Century Cruise was our first as Elites, and we loved the VIP treatment we had in Michael's club for breakfast and Happy Hour cocktails.

Now we are Sky Suite, and still Elite, yet no Michaels' Club.

I just hope the cocktail parties in the Crystal Lounge are equally good.

Michael's Club is currently being converted into a VIP lounge for top suite and Zenith passengers and will no longer be used for Captain's Club events. There are other threads on this topic.

Can I ask what exactly the VIP lounge is on the Century. I have just booked a Sky Suite for an April cruise, our first ever suite, and am trying to find out the benefits. I love the extra room in the suite and anything else is a bonus.

Many thanks

Wendy

The Sky Suites are not included in the VIP lounge (there are too many). The VIP lounge is the Michaels Club which is now 24/7 available only to Zenith and top level suites. It is like a minature version of the Elite lounge but with extended hours. They have a breakfast table with the same items as the Elite lounge in the morning. The difference is that they get the food for you and you can have ANYTHING you want to drink all day long. Hors d'oeuvres in the evening but more upscale from the Elite lounge. There is also a concierge in the lounge all day.

We were spoiled on our last Celebrity Cruise as it was our first time as Elites and in a Suite. Even if the perks aren't as good as back then, I'm sure we will have a fabulous time. Maybe we will be surprised and have some unexpected perks. Who knows? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

We are in a sky suite on the Century and I confirmed with Celebrity that they are indeed included for the VIP lounge for boarding at the pier since they are priorty, which might be what WendyJam76 was referring to. She and her mother are on our cruise April 12th.

Edited by copman

We are in a sky suite on the Century and I confirmed with Celebrity that they are indeed included for the VIP lounge for boarding at the pier since they are priorty, which might be what WendyJam76 was referring to. She and her mother are on our cruise April 12th.

Yes, Suites do usually get priority boarding. It may be important this time as San Pedro was chaos yesterday for boarding the first of Century's Pacific Coastal's, according to what I read here on Cruise Critic.

Many thanks for asking Celebrity. What I think a few of us were referring to was the VIP set up in Michaels. I think the benefits are going to be a mystery till we board - we are very much looking forward to meeting you onboard!

Wendy