Book now or wait....?

kathyemma

Personally speaking I would book now.

Remember if the price goes down before final payment they will honor the new price.

I don't think I have ever seen a price go down really close the thanksgiving. By then cabins are normally full as schools are out for the week, so there is generally little availability for last minute cruises across the board, and people traveling that week normally book early due to knowing flights book early and get more expensive quickly otherwise.

Hope that helps

The earlier you book the better price you will get in most cases. Prices will start off low and quickly go up, never returning to their original low. We did have an exception to that however for our 2014 Hawaii to Vancouver, where we saved $1250. We paid $ around 2300 pp at the beginning , it dropped to 1999 for a D-1

I am ready to book a cruise for Thanksgiving. The price is okay. I am not taking advantage of the WOW sale as I want to use other discounts. Does the price normally go down after the WOW sale?

Thanks

Kathy

Kathy, as you can see from the responses, there is no correct answer.

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.

;)

I am ready to book a cruise for Thanksgiving. The price is okay. I am not taking advantage of the WOW sale as I want to use other discounts. Does the price normally go down after the WOW sale?

If your'e happy with the price, book it, and then NEVER look at it again. ;)

The lowest price is always after final payment. If you are locked into a special cabin location or category but are shopping price, this is the way to save money.

The person who said the starting price is lowest has never looked at cabin prices after final payment.

and here I will disagree with you. Yes, quite often the lowest price can be found after final payment, but definitely not always. I have been on cruises where the initial price was the lowest.

As others have said many factors go into pricing and there is not one answer to the question.

Bottom line if you are happy with a price when you see it book. Keep checking for price drops and if you get one great, if not you were happy with the price when you booked it so go and enjoy.

To the OP, glad you book, have a great cruise.