Just off the Liberty this morning

alfaeric

Not much of a review- we just finished a 4 night cruise to Cozumel and back on the Liberty of the Seas..

We got to the port at about 12:30 or so, and took our time (note- we were not in a hurry). Everything went super smooth, and we got on board right at 1pm, so all we had to do was unpack.

Since we didn't go to the MDR at all, we never had to check out table out, or worry about reservations... Food wise, we ate light- a lot of time in the Diamond Lounge (we like the position of it on deck 14). Portofino's was a highlight- I had the steak Florentine- which was great. DW had the skewer of fish, which she really loved.

Our cabin was an aft- 7712. As I reported in a previous Liberty cruise- there is vibration back there. Not a lot, but if you are sensitive to that.. well. DW and I seem to really thrive on that- we slept really, really well. Balcony had one pair of real chairs, one lounge chair and one chair with foot rest.

Shows- we really love them- we saw Saturday Night Fever both times last night. I know it's not for everyone, but it is for us. In the Air is a great show, too- especially some of the stuff the featured airielists do.

I think we are really starting to get to know the cruising staff- many of them we have cruised with before, and we remember each other. Which is pretty amazing, considering the volume of people they see.

The Liberty is quickly becoming one of our favorite ships- we have two cruises scheduled on her later this year.

We had a fantastic time. We are also repeat Liberty cruisers and we would not hesitate to book again. No issues....just a great cruise with great staff. Really enjoyed the entertainment and a shout out to the pool band who played several great sets. Fantastic trip for us!

Thanks for the review. We are on her 2 weeks from today just a couple of cabins away from yours. Like you we love the slight vibration that you feel back there. Nice to hear about the loungers as when we were on in December they had removed the loungers from the aft balconies.

How was the cruise director Jerome?

I will also echo those who really liked the Liberty. I only wish it did a 7 night itinerary instead of 4's and 5's.

You could do a B2B and have a 9 or 10 day cruise.:)

Edited by clarea

I double that. I wish she went to Cozumel as well.

She's my favorite by far. Her balconies are the bomb. I compared and and on any other ship I've been on you'd have to get the Jr. suite to get a comparable size.

We had THE best waiters since our first cruise in '08 when we were the table next to the cabins. The cook signed my cookbook and came out to meet me. They did magic tricks for us and remembered our names and our preferences. Has that all gone away for good?

Thanks for the review. We are on her 2 weeks from today just a couple of cabins away from yours. Like you we love the slight vibration that you feel back there. Nice to hear about the loungers as when we were on in December they had removed the loungers from the aft balconies.

How was the cruise director Jerome?

He was good- we've had both better and worse cruise directors. If there was anything, I wish he was a little funnier- but that's just me.

BTW, we had a JS, so that may have been a factor in the kind of chairs. Dunno. I was happy about it- we had two breakfasts out there- really relaxing that way.

Ya...Liberty is our favorite.

I was on this cruise also.

I talked to one of the officers who said/confirmed Liberty is heading to Galveston in late 2015.

No schedules out yet but should sail 7 dayers, not 4's and 5's.

Looks like the last time we will see Liberty in Ft Lauderdale will be April 6, 2015.

We have several Liberty cruises booked way ahead until March 2015....may

add that April 6, 2015 cruise too.

:cool: