Freedom repositioning to Galveston

DuckFace9

Well, I didn't see it posted here, but I'm also kinda lazy and didn't read back too far. HOWEVER, port of Galveston has posted on FB that they have an announcement tomorrow as well. So, with the "rumors from PVP's" and now both JH & POG having announcements tomorrow, it's looking quite likely. At least IMO it is.

Well let's see that is 8am cst. I will be tuning in!!! Keeping fingers crossed for a repo from Florida to Texas!!! Of course, I want the Magic to stay in Galveston also!! :D

Would love to do a repo like we just did on the Sunshine.. That was fantastic!!

I just saw this in a recent article:

"Carnival Freedom will resume its six- to eight-day Caribbean schedule from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., as well as introduce two new five-day Caribbean options."

Possibly the new itineraries will be the announcement?

That announcement has already been made...so that's not it.

Welcome Pinkmagnolia! If everything works out and this cruise is still on, you should chime in on the Roll Call I set up. So far, I'm the only one on there and it's quite lonely! :)

I'll be praying for good news tomorrow morning!

Sounds good thomfam - will do! :)

I have a feeling they will announce their May 2015 and beyond schedule (and probably leaving from Galviston) - I have a hard time believing they would mess up a whole bunch of guests' vacations like that?

Sounds good thomfam - will do! :)

I have a feeling they will announce their May 2015 and beyond schedule (and probably leaving from Galviston) - I have a hard time believing they would mess up a whole bunch of guests' vacations like that?

Why? They, and other cruise lines, do it all the time. It isn't that big of a deal to them.

It's official the Freedom is moving to Galveston.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/goccl/content/pdf/FleetExpansion_2015-2016_PDF.pdf

She will be mainly doing 7 day Eastern/Western Cruises, but will also be doing a few 4/5/6 day cruises.

Also, the Conquest is replacing the Freedom in Ft. Lauderdale.

Edited by spencercoop

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/goccl/content/pdf/FleetExpansion_2015-2016_PDF.pdf

She will be mainly doing 7 day Eastern/Western Cruises, but will also be doing a few 4/5/6 day cruises.

Nice scoop!!! Congrats!!! Looks like Fort Lauderdale gets conquest. Makes me think they will also get Vista since anthem of the seas will not be going there

Edited by kybluecruiser

Unless I'm wrong, and it's 2:21 am so I could be looking at it wrong, but it looks like maybe Freedom is replacing Triumph instead of Magic?

This sucks... I have 11 cabins booked for 2/1/15 cruise out of FLL and that is the first cancelled cruise. Way to go Carnival thanks for taking bookings and then pulling the rug out on us.

Don't think it affects you.. from what I read the first cruise from Galveston is 2/11/15.. so the cruise after yours

I just don't get why they would add a 3rd ship here and do the same dumb, overused itineraries. I don't consider giving the Triumph a handful of 10 day/11 day cruises giving us many new options. Flying to San Juan would be very expensive.

ooops.. I stand corrected.. Even though the 2/2/2015 cruise DOES sail from Ft Lauderdale, it does not return there, so that cruise is affected if you already have airfare booked. Or if you were planning on driving to FLL. Though that would be a cool cruise to go if you can get a flight back to FLL from Houston.

Special Voyage from Fort Lauderdale to Galveston

In preparation for its Galveston arrival, Carnival Freedom will offer a unique 12-day cruise departing Fort Lauderdale Feb. 2 and arriving in Galveston on Feb. 14, 2015. The one-time voyage will feature port calls at five magnificent Caribbean island destinations – St. Kitts, St. Lucia; Curacao; Aruba; and Grand Cayman, each of which boasts gorgeous white-sand beaches, a variety of watersports opportunities and an array of shopping, dining and sightseeing experiences.

I just don't get why they would add a 3rd ship here and do the same dumb, overused itineraries. I don't consider giving the Triumph a handful of 10 day/11 day cruises giving us many new options. Flying to San Juan would be very expensive.

The "handful you talk about are differnet and their attempt to see the popolarity of cruising to new ports (from Galveston). If you don't like them, sail from somewhere else. It's waht most of the free world does.;)