Freedom repositioning to Galveston

DuckFace9

One of the morning shows 2 weeks ago on the Glory, the future cruise person was on with DR E, they were talking about ships moving. The future cruise person mentioned the Freedom moving somewhere, and than DR E said oh yes and the Conquest and then she shushed him saying it wasnt public knowledge yet.

I came home and tried a google search but nothing came up. But it does seem as if the Freedom is moving forsure.

Who is Dr. E?

I am hoping the Freedom is a third ship for Galveston doing some longer cruises to different ports. There is definitely a market in Galveston. The Magic and Triumph almost always sail full.

Longer cruises really aren't part of Carnival's business plan because it's really hard for the majority of people in Carnival's target demographic to take more than a week off of work. Regularly scheduled longer cruises will be fill up with retirees which fits more into HAL's target audience.

At most you'll see an 8 night cruise out of Galveston or New Orleans which will just add an extra night of Costa Maya, Progresso, or a new port in Calica. As far as capacity, Houston is adding two ships, and New Orleans is building a new cruise terminal; the added tonnage on the gulf coast is there.

I agree. Too bad they couldn't add a cruise to nowhere every now and then.

This! Or at least a new port for a 4-nighter. Not that I don't love Cozumel ... but would love a different option, because our budget loves a shorter cruise, too.

I'd also hope it would be in addition to, not in replace of, because cruising out of Galveston looks to be a bit more pricy than most other ports, and this could help us be able to go more.

Random thought: I wonder how many of those free cruise offers included trips out of Galveston? I'd be curious to know ... maybe that's why we won't get one ..... :(

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

This! Or at least a new port for a 4-nighter. Not that I don't love Cozumel ... but would love a different option, because our budget loves a shorter cruise, too.

I'd also hope it would be in addition to, not in replace of, because cruising out of Galveston looks to be a bit more pricy than most other ports, and this could help us be able to go more.

Random thought: I wonder how many of those free cruise offers included trips out of Galveston? I'd be curious to know ... maybe that's why we won't get one ..... :(

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

I only sail out of Galveston and I got one. Picked the Triumph this time. Last three cruises on the Magic...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think Carnival has too much capacity in Florida.

Carnival has too much capacity, period. They could cull the 4 oldest Fantasy class, and maybe start raising prices on all the rest. Airlines did this very thing. There's a desert full of perfectly good airliners sitting because of excess seats. Stock holders would be happier.

We booked our 'free' cruise out of Galveston on the Magic. We've never sailed from Galveston before, we chose it because it's a doable 15 hour drive instead of flying to a port (family of 4 = $1600) since we hadn't really planned to vacation this summer.

We are planning a back to back in June 2015. Haven't booked yet since the actual itineraries aren't out. We wanted St Thomas & Aruba - the Freedom was the only ship that did those back to back.

We will not sail on the Triumph. Hope that's not what they move to Ft Lauderdale. The ships out of the gulf don't go that far south either.

This has definitely put a kink in my plans !

I was on the Freedom last week and I booked a future cruise.The future cruise guy gave me a list of upcoming cruises

It lists a 12 day (one way)1-26-2015 Carnival Freedom

Ft Laud-ST Kitts-ST Lucia-Curacao-Aruba-Cayman-Galveston

[Repositioning Cruise]

I was on the Freedom last week and I booked a future cruise.The future cruise guy gave me a list of upcoming cruises

[Repositioning Cruise]

Nice itinerary! :D

So now that other people are coming forward with independent stories about Freedom heading to Galveston, it seems like this has some legs. I guess we now get to start the "where is Magic going and what are they doing to Magic" speculation.

Let's just wait and see. May be true, may not be, everyone here should know that the friend of a friend whose PVP/TA told their friend that some CD said type stuff goes. If it happens and they take Magic or Triumph away I will be sad as I like both ships, but at least I will have a ship to sail on. If it happens and is a third ship, then I will be happy because I will have another option (and it will have the Alchemy bar on it!!!)

For what it worth:

I have looked on numerous sites and it shows Freedom sailing from FLL on January 24 on its normally scheduled cruise and returning back to FLL for it next cruise and stays that way. It also shows Magic doing it weekly sailing from Galveston through 2015 (with the exception of the Dry Dock)

LOL!! No self respecting first tier cruise line is interested in Carnival's old tonnage. It'll be around until it gets punted down the line to one of Carnival's toy cruise lines.

That paid for old tonnage sure is making Carnival lots of $$$.

The Carnival Freedom is currently bookable through April 26, 2015 from Fort Lauderdale. There are no ships showing from Fort Lauderdale starting May, 2015. Maybe there will be a change or maybe the new itineraries aren't out yet. I like the 12 day itinerary listed.

[Repositioning Cruise]

I have heard the same itinerary as well, but I was told it is on hold at the moment.

The Carnival Freedom is currently bookable through April 26, 2015 from Fort Lauderdale. There are no ships showing from Fort Lauderdale starting May, 2015. Maybe there will be a change or maybe the new itineraries aren't out yet. I like the 12 day itinerary listed.

The new itinerary will show the same day that the upgrades for freedom are announced, which may be tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums