Freedom repositioning to Galveston

DuckFace9

If Freedom does indeed move, any news about upgrades will be drowned out by all the noise about the ship moving, new itineraries and the ruckus over people's cruises being canceled. Not sure that a combined announcement gets Carnival the biggest bang.

If Freedom does indeed move, any news about upgrades will be drowned out by all the noise about the ship moving, new itineraries and the ruckus over people's cruises being canceled. Not sure that a combined announcement gets Carnival the biggest bang.

All of their previous announcements have combined the two: Sunshine renovation and moving to New Orleans, Legend renovation and moving to Australia, and Pride renovation and moving to Tampa.

It would make perfect sense to pull the Triumph and replace it with the Freedom, would give them a few more cabins, but more important would give them a Conquest type ship in Galveston, the Conquest was an extremely popular ship. Also get rid of the Triumph and her bad reputation, DW does not like her at all.

Edited by idlenote
clarity

Absolutely NO offense to you TX people, but the itineraries are AWFUL!!!!

Key West, Nassau, and Freeport?

OR

Belize, Roatan, and Costa Maya?

YUCK

They need to do better.........

I wouldn't cruise out of Galveston for that reason.......

They need to add some 8 nighters and go further...

I was on the Freedom last week and I booked a future cruise.The future cruise guy gave me a list of upcoming cruises

It lists a 12 day (one way)1-26-2015 Carnival Freedom

Ft Laud-ST Kitts-ST Lucia-Curacao-Aruba-Cayman-Galveston

[Repositioning Cruise]

Funny - you can book an 8 night on the Freedom Jan 24 2015. Looks like it is taking over the Breeze's current 8 night/6 night itineraries. No reposition is listed.

Sat Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL 04:00 PM

Sun Fun Day At Sea

Mon Grand Turk 07:00 AM 02:00 PM

Tue La Romana, Dominican Republic 09:00 AM 04:00 PM

Wed Curacao 01:00 PM 11:00 PM

Thu Aruba 08:00 AM 04:00 PM

Fri Fun Day At Sea

Sat Fun Day At Sea

Sun Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL 08:00 AM

I was on the Freedom last week and I booked a future cruise.The future cruise guy gave me a list of upcoming cruises

It lists a 12 day (one way)1-26-2015 Carnival Freedom

Ft Laud-ST Kitts-ST Lucia-Curacao-Aruba-Cayman-Galveston

[Repositioning Cruise]

If you have the list could you please scan it? I would like to study it myself!

Thanks!

Funny - you can book an 8 night on the Freedom Jan 24 2015. Looks like it is taking over the Breeze's current 8 night/6 night itineraries. No reposition is listed.

Sun Fun Day At Sea

Fri Fun Day At Sea

Sat Fun Day At Sea

I'm pretty sure Freedom has always had that itinerary, even before the Breeze was around.

Sun Fun Day At Sea

Fri Fun Day At Sea

Sat Fun Day At Sea

Freedom has done this itinerary for a while. Did it last summer. :rolleyes:

OR

YUCK

Belize has the best snorkeling I have ever done, you have to go to the outer islands and snorkel along the edge of the reef but it is incredible.

Roatan has some snorkel areas that are excellent, we've been to some places that are not to be missed.

At Freeport, instead of going to the nasty market downtown you can get picked up ate pier and spend the day on the beach in the other direction. I was out there and looked over and found myself swimming alongside a ray, lasted for a couple of minutes.

Key West, reminds me of New Orleans, but we don't have to walk as far. Always a good day.

I might agree with you on Nassau, but that's only because we've done it a few times.

Any port, if you do your research you can always find somewhere you haven't seen before. Stick with the Carnival tours and expect to be bored. Last couple of years we've done several repositioning cruises so there is always something different to see.

Meantime if we want to just do a quicky out of Galveston the more people that stay away because of perceived "bad" ports the cheaper our cruises our, and for that I thank you.

OR

YUCK

There is also the Grand Cayman, Montego Bay and Cozumel route in that rotation on the Magic.

BUT, I agree with you, I'd LOVE to have 8-10 nighters!! I want to go to the Southern Caribbean and live in Houston so would love to not have to fly somewhere.

There is also the Grand Cayman, Montego Bay and Cozumel route in that rotation on the Magic.

BUT, I agree with you, I'd LOVE to have 8-10 nighters!! I want to go to the Southern Caribbean and live in Houston so would love to not have to fly somewhere.

Would LOVE a Southern Caribbean from New Orleans!!! ;)

The Magic is the #1 ship in the fleet . It is not goin g anywhere. What we are hearing here at the port in Galveston is that Carnival will be bringing in a 3rd ship as both the triumph and magic sail full every sailing and to up the ante now that royal caribbean is back to sailing full time..Will keep yall posted:cool:

I have tried to follow what is happening in Galveston. I have not heard or read anything until this post on the Carnival Freedom moving here. I did read where RCCl is moving the Freedom of the Seas to Galveston as soon as the terminal is updated.

The Future Cruise Expert on the Sunshine also said the Freedom was moving to Galveston in Jan. The Freedom would not replace the Magic as that would lower capacity. It would either replace Triumph or be the 3rd ship in Galveston.

And then they could send Triumph back to New Orleans to do five day cruises and I would dance with joy!

It would be nice if the Freedom was the 3rd cruise ship and did longer itineraries especially the southern ports

Not sure an 8 day cruise would get too much Eastern Caribbean. Maybe down to Panama/Costa Rica on the Western side.

Don't see southern Caribbean from Galveston unless it is 10 day or more

And there lies the problem

Carnival doesn't like to do cruises for that long, as it brings older folks and that isn't what Carnival markets for

Also keep in mind that Galveston is competing with Bayport now. Princess and NCL both use it while RCL and Carnival use Galveston. With the Disney Magic leaving they have some extra room in Galveston now.

Adding Freedom to the gulf coast market is going to be yet another large change in capacity. Counting week-long cruises in the traditional Caribbean season, you would have 3 ships out of Galveston, 2 ships out of Houston, and 3 ships out of New Orleans. That's way more capacity than what sailed out of the gulf coast just a year ago.

The ports in the Western Caribbean will be over capacity. We're starting to see itinerary flops for ships later this year to try to balance capacity. I know Carnival is trying to build a new terminal in Calica, but no one has heard anything about that lately.