Freedom repositioning to Galveston

DuckFace9

That's the only confirmed thing..Bloggers 8 will be on the Freedom. Date and place have not been announced yet..Would be an interesting repo.. Which actually tend to be cheaper cruises, but if its a Bloggers doubtful. Already have a page on fb for Bloggers 8, set it up yesterday..Can't wait~:D

Let us keep our Magic. She is a beautifull ship. I love her.... Yes it needs to add the taco bar and Guys and it will be perfect....

Oh my goodness- I couldn't agree more!! The Magic needs to stay right where its at. Galveston is a fantastic port and its the perfect home for the Lady Magic. I could easily see the Freedom taking the place of the Triumph though.

there is no way they would bring a smaller ship and take away a big one. To many people cruise out of Galveston.

Which is why Royal is bringing a larger ship year-round to Galveston, and NCL and Princess have signed up to sail from Houston. That will more than provide enough capacity to counteract the reduced capacity should the Freedom replace the Magic.

In fact, now that I think about it, maybe all that extra capacity might be a good reason for Carnival to replace the Magic with the Freedom. They may need to "right-size" and keep prices up, instead of reducing prices to fill up a larger ship. In the past, that's been the kiss of death for some markets.

I don't thing Carnival cares to much what Royal dos in Galveston. .

I disagree

I think every cruiseline pays attention to what each other is doing

That's how they stay competitive

Regardless of the veracity of this rumor, adding another ship to the Gulf Coast market (Freedom and Magic instead of either or) is going to make port scheduling pretty difficult. There are only so many ports that all of these ships based out of Texas and Louisiana can visit.

Ew, that's not good. That means the sale of the Fantasy is imminent.

LOL!! No self respecting first tier cruise line is interested in Carnival's old tonnage. It'll be around until it gets punted down the line to one of Carnival's toy cruise lines.

Regardless of the veracity of this rumor, adding another ship to the Gulf Coast market (Freedom and Magic instead of either or) is going to make port scheduling pretty difficult. There are only so many ports that all of these ships based out of Texas and Louisiana can visit.

I agree. Too bad they couldn't add a cruise to nowhere every now and then.

One of the morning shows 2 weeks ago on the Glory, the future cruise person was on with DR E, they were talking about ships moving. The future cruise person mentioned the Freedom moving somewhere, and than DR E said oh yes and the Conquest and then she shushed him saying it wasnt public knowledge yet.

I came home and tried a google search but nothing came up. But it does seem as if the Freedom is moving forsure.