Penthouse cabin key perks

gempro2758

There have been a few discussions about this, which are generally inconclusive. However, from what I know there are a couple of different cards which you can get if you are in a Suite. The higher level Suites get a platinum card and other Suites get a purple card. I'm not sure exactly where the dividing line is.

I can't say I noticed any difference in the way I was treated around the ship, but to be honest I've always found the staff to be extra nice anyway. Unless you have the card hanging round your neck then bar staff generally only see it once they've poured your drink anyway, by which time I'd hope they've had chance to be nice without knowing where your cabin is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by KeithJenner

I have heard being in the penthouse u get a different key from everyone to alert the staff of room status and that they are extra nice to penthouse guests, anyone ever heard of this? Different color card??

Help w this plz

We had a PH in 2012 and had a purple card. We were treated great but I don't think it was because of the suite. You will get priority boarding, tenders if applicable and some other stuff but you are treated great on NCL no matter what cabin type you are in.

I have heard being in the penthouse u get a different key from everyone to alert the staff of room status and that they are extra nice to penthouse guests, anyone ever heard of this? Different color card??

I have stayed in both suites and regular cabins and didn't see any difference in service received. The staff was always extremely nice.

When I was on the Jewel I was in a Penthouse and had a purple key card. When I was in the photo area looking for my pictures 2 different people came up to me asking me to help them with photo prices and packages. When I said "I don't know about that stuff" they said "oh I thought you worked for NCL bc you have a different color card" lol so apparently some passengers will treat you differently bc they think you work for NCL :p

Anyone in a full suite gets a uniquely colored room card to identify suite status. I don't think the crew cares if you are in a suite or not when you get service. Often they never see your card so don't have any idea what room you occupy.

The key to special service while being in a suite is the butler and concierge. They will 'grease' the wheels on just about anything you need or want.

We have once recieved a comment from a waiter which recognized that we were in a suite because of our card and as we understood it, he thought that we were more important guests because we had a suite.

We have always been treated very well on NCL, suite or no suite.

I have thought that all suites got the platinum coloured cards but maybe that have changed that so that the platinum cards or only for the suites within the Haven?

We have once recieved a comment from a waiter which recognized that we were in a suite because of our card and as we understood it, he thought that we were more important guests because we had a suite.

We have always been treated very well on NCL, suite or no suite.

I have thought that all suites got the platinum coloured cards but maybe that have changed that so that the platinum cards or only for the suites within the Haven?

How about a pic of the elusive platinum key card. Who's got one to share.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Same here we had a platinum colored key for the Haven which was also designated in the upper right hand corner. We found everyone that we encountered to be very pleasant and friendly which had nothing to do with the card. Like the previous poster said you don't wear it around your neck and we also didn't try to flash it around to cut lines or get better service. We are just happy to be on the ship sailing to warmer places!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How about a pic of the elusive platinum key card. Who's got one to share.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There was another thread from a year or more ago and probably last posted 6-9 months ago that someone posted a variety of their key cards including suite and platinum colored cards. I say suite and platinum color because I've seen the higher end suites get a darker brown card in lieu of the platinum color one.

Edited by dexddd

Twice our H.D. friend had our key cards changed to a purple card with full V.I.P. perks even though I had an inside cabin .

Breakfast in Cagney.s, special seating in the theater , and daily treats in our cabin . etc.

Edited by biker@sea

We were in a PH on the Pearl in December and were treated very well, as usual. Our card was Pirkle (pink/purple) but it made no difference as far as how we were treated IMO.

Most staff we've met have been wonderful and it doesn't matter what type of stateroom you're in.

So don't try painting that card silver or anything...it won't make a difference except that it may not work too well anymore ... :p :eek:

Who cares?!?

If you expect preferential treatment based on the color of your keycard and don't receive it, will you complain that it was a bad cruise?

If you want the perks of staying in a suite, you will pay for that privilege when you book your category (or get an upgrade). Most Norwegian employees are not going to treat you any more "special" if you flash around a Platinum or Purple colored keycard.

The employees that matter (Concierge and Butler) will already know who you are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

On our last cruise aboard the Dawn we had purple key cards. We stayed in ocean view cabins. We are Platinum Latitudes members but truthfully, I've never noticed a difference in the quality of service regardless of Latitudes status or the color of our key cards. We've always been treated very well.