Breakaway Help!

TravelinFam

Norwegian Newbie :o

Hi! We've been on 3 Disney Cruises and each time we felt spoiled by the staff...by now it's almost like family.

Now we are planning to book Breakaway to Bermuda...being that we will be docked for 3 days...how can I book a cabin that faces the ocean instead of the island?

Stay tuned...I may have a few more ?s

Thank you!

Norwegian Newbie :o

Hi! We've been on 3 Disney Cruises and each time we felt spoiled by the staff...by now it's almost like family.

Now we are planning to book Breakaway to Bermuda...being that we will be docked for 3 days...how can I book a cabin that faces the ocean instead of the island?

Stay tuned...I may have a few more ?s

Thank you!

You can't, the side of the ship that faces the pier is rotated on a seemingly random basis. Part of it is for crew training. The sea side can lower lifeboats for training while tied up and it occurs almost daily in port.

You can't, the side of the ship that faces the pier is rotated on a seemingly random basis. Part of it is for crew training. The sea side can lower lifeboats for training while tied up and it occurs almost daily in port.

Does that mean when we dock, if we are facing the pier...we may face the sea at a later time during our stay?

BTW Thank you so much for your quick response! :)

Thank you!

Your best bet is to book an aft or forward room then. Note that there are very few true forward facing balconies on the BA but there are quite a few aft. There again though, if the ship pulls in forward and you are in an aft, you still won't get a good view of the island.

Also, as far as comparing DCL and NCL, we generally try to approach them separately and don't compare.

Your best bet is to book an aft or forward room then. Note that there are very few true forward facing balconies on the BA but there are quite a few aft. There again though, if the ship pulls in forward and you are in an aft, you still won't get a good view of the island.

Also, as far as comparing DCL and NCL, we generally try to approach them separately and don't compare.

Thank you so much! I just went ahead and booked a midship mini suite...starboard...the NCL rep said it should face the sea but either way I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

While researching the Breakaway and its activities, I know they (DH & DS) will compare DCL & NCL...However, this ship sounds like a "fun" ship...

DS LOVES the teen club at DCL and always came back with a new list of friends...they still keep in touch. This trip is for him, so I hope (and I believe he will) have as much fun if not more on the Breakaway...

Also, in doing my research I found a few things I already love with NCL that DCL doesnt offer.

Thanks again!!! :D

Thank you so much! I just went ahead and booked a midship mini suite...starboard...the NCL rep said it should face the sea but either way I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

I had a mid ship mini suite and loved it! I have pictures in my signature if you want to take a peak. Enjoy your cruise :)

While researching the Breakaway and its activities, I know they (DH & DS) will compare DCL & NCL...However, this ship sounds like a "fun" ship...

DS LOVES the teen club at DCL and always came back with a new list of friends...they still keep in touch. This trip is for him, so I hope (and I believe he will) have as much fun if not more on the Breakaway...

Also, in doing my research I found a few things I already love with NCL that DCL doesnt offer.

We were in that area on our sailing and faced the port but the view was still interesting...

The ship is quite fun. The ropes course and slides are great. I have some pics in my review linked below...just bypass the first pages about NYC...

You'll have a great time!

We were in that area on our sailing and faced the port but the view was still interesting...

The ship is quite fun. The ropes course and slides are great. I have some pics in my review linked below...just bypass the first pages about NYC...

You'll have a great time!

Thank you medtech2...we're loving it!!!

DCL & NCL are my favorites- I've been on 5 cruises with each. They each have pros & cons, just know that your past experience with the cruise staff on DCL will be nothing like NCL. They are very nice on NCL & great workers, but nothing like DCL...especially since you don't have the same wait staff each night. Most likely, you'll never repeat the same wait staff, especially on the BA. Just a heads up.

We'll be in a M6 mini suite on the BA in June for our Babymoon, so no experience with children's activities on either...YET. :D

Edited by MissMet

DCL & NCL are my favorites- I've been on 5 cruises with each. They each have pros & cons, just know that your past experience with the cruise staff on DCL will be nothing like NCL. They are very nice on NCL & great workers, but nothing like DCL...especially since you don't have the same wait staff each night. Most likely, you'll never repeat the same wait staff, especially on the BA. Just a heads up.

We'll be in a M6 mini suite on the BA in June for our Babymoon, so no experience with children's activities on either...YET. :D

Awesome!!! Have a great time and report back on your new experiences ;)

We have a loooong way to go...June 2014...lol...to Bermuda

Good to hear from someone who's done both NCL and DCL. I had a neighbor talk me out of booking a DCL cruise because they said theirs was geared much more towards children than adults, which makes sense.

Doing Breakaway again for upcoming Honeymoon in a Haven Spa Suite, as a result.

Good to hear from someone who's done both NCL and DCL. I had a neighbor talk me out of booking a DCL cruise because they said theirs was geared much more towards children than adults, which makes sense.

This is our DCL experience...lol :rolleyes:

Each time we went, our son was a teen. He loved the teen club...we only saw him during dinner, shows, and excursions. (we do have a lot of family time regularly)

***DH & I learned how to drink TEQUILA in the DCL Dream...lol We are both in our fourties and drink sociably. BUT one liquor that always made us sick was Tequila...

Well, we signed up for Tequila/Margarita tasting and understood why we got sick...we were drinking the wrong Tequila...lol...Oscar (bartender) & DH became best friends.

We also signed up for Whisky/Whiskey tasting, Mixology (bartender Tibor), and Wine. Spent time in the spa (fabulous), participated in games geared for adults only at the bar (687), DH enjoyed his cigars at the Meridien lounge...they had cooking lesson...DCL is definitely not just for kids.

DS is now 16...he has NO shame is saying he loves DCL...he's made so many friends his age and they still stay in touch.

With that being said, I think we can't go wrong as adults with either NCL or DCL...

Enjoy your vacation!

Edited by TravelinFam

I think for DCL, they know everyone chalks them off as a cruise line for kids, so IMO they go over the top in being sure there is stuff for adults. My husband & I are in our late 20s & early 30s (no kids) & we love cruising Disney. We rarely find ourselves near children. They have adult only pool, restaurants, clubs, bars and many activities geared just for adults. They also have an adult only beach with restaurant, hammocks & massage cabanas on their private island. They do an amazing job & they always accommodate us to either have a table for just the two of us or they match us up with a few other couples our age to eat with. I can't say enough about DCL for adults only- until these new ships on NCL, we never found cruise ships that had so many adult only areas like DCL has.

Our favorite cruise of all time was a 14 day WB transatlantic aboard DCL's Magic- 5 consecutive sea days & we loved it! They had so much for us to do. Wine, tequila, beer tastings, mixed drink classes, cooking demonstrations, cigar classes, entertaining seminars, movie theater with first run movies.......

Another testament to DCL for just adults here. We're early 40/late 30s, no kids, did a Disney cruise last year and it BLEW AWAY all prior cruises. But so did the bill! :) We're doing an NCL and a DCL cruise this year, both have their upsides.

Okay...so I know that while we are away on vacation, we dont want to have to do any laundry. However, what if something needs to be washed? Are there washers/dryers on board? If not, how much do they charge for laundry and when do they return it?

No, once you dock you stay that way your entire stay.

Actually you should say you usually stay the same way the entire stay. I've read of several instances where a ship was docked in one direction and then was reversed in Bermuda since they dock for three days and very occasionally need to "test" life boats on both side of the ship. Doesn't happen often but it has happened. :)

To the OP - both views in Bermuda are awesome so you really can't lose!

Edited by peg013

This is our DCL experience...lol :rolleyes:

Each time we went, our son was a teen. He loved the teen club...we only saw him during dinner, shows, and excursions. (we do have a lot of family time regularly)

***DH & I learned how to drink TEQUILA in the DCL Dream...lol We are both in our fourties and drink sociably. BUT one liquor that always made us sick was Tequila...

Well, we signed up for Tequila/Margarita tasting and understood why we got sick...we were drinking the wrong Tequila...lol...Oscar (bartender) & DH became best friends.

We also signed up for Whisky/Whiskey tasting, Mixology (bartender Tibor), and Wine. Spent time in the spa (fabulous), participated in games geared for adults only at the bar (687), DH enjoyed his cigars at the Meridien lounge...they had cooking lesson...DCL is definitely not just for kids.

DS is now 16...he has NO shame is saying he loves DCL...he's made so many friends his age and they still stay in touch.

With that being said, I think we can't go wrong as adults with either NCL or DCL...

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you for this! We are loyal RCCL cruisers, but trying NCL for the first time without the kiddos, as we are taking the kids to Disney for the Free Dining Plan again..We have been going back and forth over sailing with DCL for years, and now since I read your review I am pretty sure we will try it so thanks!!

Thank you for this! We are loyal RCCL cruisers, but trying NCL for the first time without the kiddos, as we are taking the kids to Disney for the Free Dining Plan again..We have been going back and forth over sailing with DCL for years, and now since I read your review I am pretty sure we will try it so thanks!!

NP...you will have a great time...

We have done both DCL and NCL. We love both for different reasons.

We have done 5 Disney cruises and only 1 was with kids............plenty of adult only places to have fun. I love the rotating dining, and having waiters that know exactly what you want. The two bathrooms in the staterooms was genius..........love them.

You can't go wrong with either cruiseline.