Going from a balcony to an owner's suite!

Ladysilver

We've never stayed in anything nicer than a D1 balcony cabin, which we've loved. Now we're staying in an owner's suite on the Navigator in 86 days!! Got in on those incredible prices that were posted on New Year's Eve! I absolutely can't wait!! :D:D:D

We've never stayed in anything nicer than a D1 balcony cabin, which we've loved. Now we're staying in an owner's suite on the Navigator in 86 days!! Got in on those incredible prices that were posted on New Year's Eve! I absolutely can't wait!! :D:D:D

So YOU are the one who grabbed the last OS on our May 25 cruise!:p That price was astounding, and I thought about it too long to get one. DH and I have a D2. (no complaints - it cost less than a typical inside)

You will love having an OS!! I haven't had one on Navigator, but DH and I had an OS once on Voyager, so it will be pretty much the same on NOS. My favorite part was the bathroom…it was amazing! Here are a couple of pics…

DSCN1764.jpg

DSCN1769.jpg

So can I come over and just hang out in your bathroom for awhile?

Judy

only problem is your not going to want to go back to normal balcony cabin

So YOU are the one who grabbed the last OS on our May 25 cruise!:p That price was astounding, and I thought about it too long to get one. DH and I have a D2. (no complaints - it cost less than a typical inside)

You will love having an OS!! I haven't had one on Navigator, but DH and I had an OS once on Voyager, so it will be pretty much the same on NOS. My favorite part was the bathroom…it was amazing! Here are a couple of pics…

DSCN1764.jpg

DSCN1769.jpg

So can I come over and just hang out in your bathroom for awhile?

Judy

Thank you for the pictures! Looks AWESOME! :D

Foxgoodrich.....Is that a whirlpool tub? :D

Yes indeedy, it's a very nice BIG jacuzzi tub, complete with a hand-held shower thingie. One thing I loved about the OS bathroom is that DH and I could bathe at the same time…:o…taking turns between the shower (which was an excellent shower, glassed in and a bit bigger than the typical ones) and the jacuzzi tub.

And, although we both knew what a bidet was and its purpose, neither of us had ever actually used one before. (Now we're trying to figure out how to install one at home!) All I can say is you will be the freshest person on the ship…at all times!:p

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

I checked the prices on my price tracker website and WOW!! What a deal!

I looked at other sailings/ships and that appears to be the only one. How did you find the deal when it happened? I love bargains!

I checked the prices on my price tracker website and WOW!! What a deal!

I looked at other sailings/ships and that appears to be the only one. How did you find the deal when it happened? I love bargains!

In my case, I happened to be surfing around here on CC late on New Years Eve (babysitting granddaughters) and tuned into the Galveston thread, which I do periodically since we can drive to that port. There was talk about ridiculously low prices on the May 25 sailing…so I checked it out. Holy Moly! We ended up with a D2 balcony, and our total (for 2 of us), with senior discount and D+ balcony discount, including taxes and port charges, was $881. (DH says it costs us more to stay home.) And Ladysilver, I surely did think about that OS! There was one left, but since we're spending a bundle on a 15 night Panama Canal cruise on Legend on April 1, I opted to go for the D2 for $881. (I love bargains too!:D)

Those prices lasted for just 2 days, Dec 31 and Jan 1, and they they went up considerably. Many of us who got in on this amazing deal think it must have been some kind of a fluke - like maybe a programming error. Those things happen sometimes - this time I just lucked out and found out about it in time to book.

Hope you'll catch the next one!!;)

Judy

In my case, I happened to be surfing around here on CC late on New Years Eve (babysitting granddaughters) and tuned into the Galveston thread, which I do periodically since we can drive to that port. There was talk about ridiculously low prices on the May 25 sailing…so I checked it out. Holy Moly! We ended up with a D2 balcony, and our total (for 2 of us), with senior discount and D+ balcony discount, including taxes and port charges, was $881. (DH says it costs us more to stay home.) And Ladysilver, I surely did think about that OS! There was one left, but since we're spending a bundle on a 15 night Panama Canal cruise on Legend on April 1, I opted to go for the D2 for $881. (I love bargains too!:D)

Those prices lasted for just 2 days, Dec 31 and Jan 1, and they they went up considerably. Many of us who got in on this amazing deal think it must have been some kind of a fluke - like maybe a programming error. Those things happen sometimes - this time I just lucked out and found out about it in time to book.

Hope you'll catch the next one!!;)

Judy

Same thing with me....Since we never go out on New Year's Eve anymore, I was on CC looking and reading. Saw the posts about the May 25th cruise and went straight to the Royal website. Saw the one owner's suite and put a 24 hour hold on it. Thought about it overnight and booked it the next afternoon. The prices have gone up so much since then that a large oceanview is higher right now than what we paid for the owner's suite!!! :eek:

Yes indeedy, it's a very nice BIG jacuzzi tub, complete with a hand-held shower thingie. One thing I loved about the OS bathroom is that DH and I could bathe at the same time…:o…taking turns between the shower (which was an excellent shower, glassed in and a bit bigger than the typical ones) and the jacuzzi tub.

And, although we both knew what a bidet was and its purpose, neither of us had ever actually used one before. (Now we're trying to figure out how to install one at home!) All I can say is you will be the freshest person on the ship…at all times!:p

Judy

Oh boy!!!!!!!!!! :D:eek::D

You will love the suite life, and never want to go back. We started getting GS 's a few cruises ago, and have never looked back ! We just got an OS on Freedom cheaper than we usually pay for the GS. Enjoy your suite and your cruise !

Thanks, we will!! :D

We just upgraded to the Owners Suite on the Explorer on the Bermuda cruise Sept 6th. They increased the Military discount to $910 and that made the price just to low to pass up. We have never stayed in anything bigger than a Junior Suite before and are really looking forward to the experience. The REAL SHOCK will be on the following cruise on the Quantum. We go back to a D1 Balcony cabin..... :(

Congrats on that pricing! A few months ago there was a similar thread about some wild Freedom promenade pricing and we were able to get a cabin for about $350pp for the week. I can use the RCCL stock benefit and bring it closer to $300 pp! Gotta love CC and pricing flukes.

M

Owner's suites are amazing!! enjoy!:):)