What makes something a "Hot Deal"?

PattyW

Just doing my daily price check on my upcoming cruise and note that despite no price change, the cruise is now marked as a Hot Deal. Does that give the booking any kind of perk?

There may be a category other than yours that is part of the weekly sale.

It can mean that there is either a military discount, senior citizen discount, or resident discount now available for that fare. The fare I am booking was listed at $749 per person but a hot deal. When I entered that I qualified for a military discount, it appeared at $628 pp.

If you follow the prices of rooms all the time, you will notice the only thing that makes it a hot deal, is someone puts that little diamond in the corner of the date that says hot deal !

Bingo . right answer. I've seen "Hot Deals" priced higher than the regular price, and I am a daily price checker!!

"Exclusive Rate" is usually when there is a genuine Senior, Military or residency rate.

Bingo . right answer. I've seen "Hot Deals" priced higher than the regular price, and I am a daily price checker!!

"Exclusive Rate" is usually when there is a genuine Senior, Military or residency rate.

I can only guess that the hot deal draws in the people who are first time shoppers and just figure they won't beat that price, cause after all it does say its a hot deal !

And there was me trying to figure out why a cruise I'm sailing on has the red 'Deals' sticker on the calendar.... should've come here first.... I even tried to get in to the US site to see if it was clearer there.... that route appears to be closed to me now. Sigh. Actually I've not been able to watch the webcams lately.... recently change Broadband supplier.... wonder if that's caused some conflict.... I'm rambling. Time for bed......

And there was me trying to figure out why a cruise I'm sailing on has the red 'Deals' sticker on the calendar.... should've come here first.... I even tried to get in to the US site to see if it was clearer there.... that route appears to be closed to me now. Sigh. Actually I've not been able to watch the webcams lately.... recently change Broadband supplier.... wonder if that's caused some conflict.... I'm rambling. Time for bed......

Welcome to "The Geo Blocking Club"

I have discovered that if you have an address in Cambodia you can still use the USA RCI site:)

It can mean that there is either a military discount, senior citizen discount, or resident discount now available for that fare. The fare I am booking was listed at $749 per person but a hot deal. When I entered that I qualified for a military discount, it appeared at $628 pp.

Exactly. Whether it's a good deal or not remains to be seen but it's usually because one of these discounts is available.