Celebrity's Tuscan Grille vs RCI's Chops Grille

SNJCruisers

Going to be doing a B2B in a few weeks and if we decide to only do one night at a specialty restaurant, which one would you choose and why? We have been to Qsine on Celebrity, Portofino's on RCI and six different Steakhouses on Carnival in the past.

Going to be doing a B2B in a few weeks and if we decide to only do one night at a specialty restaurant, which one would you choose and why? We have been to Qsine on Celebrity, Portofino's on RCI and six different Steakhouses on Carnival in the past.

Overall I would say the two steak houses are more similar than different. We enjoyed Tuscan so much on our "Connie" cruise last week we ate there 4 out of 5 nights! The biggest difference with Tuscan is the italian influence they have including the Antipasti plate they offer. I'd say Tuscan Grill is a cross between Chops and Giovanni's Table (which is the replacement for Portofinio onboard RCCL ships)

I'd say Tuscan Grill is a cross between Chops and Giovanni's Table (which is the replacement for Portofinio onboard RCCL ships)
If Giovanni's Table did not replace Portofinos on the Indy, it would be an easy choice since we enjoyed Portofinos 2 different nights on our 9 cruise on the Explorer back in 2012. At only 20 pp, it had great bang for the buck and the Giovanni menu is not to my GF liking.

With regards to the pasta at Tuscan Grille, is it an appetizer portion like a true Italian restaurant or is it a full entree size portion?

I would rate them the same. I have had nothing but excellent experiences in both. However, if I had to choose one or the other, I'd probably go with Tuscan.

Try talking to them upon boarding. They usually offer a 10% discount on day 1.

We used to like Chops ALOT but our last few visits have not been good. We LOVE Tuscan Grill....have eaten there on Silhouette, Equinox, Solstice and Connie...all great experiences.

Agree. On both the Allure and Oasis Chops was a disappointment. On the Splendour in June of last year we ate there three nights and it was excellent.

We also enjoyed Tuscan on the Reflection last June. We ate there twice and it was very good.