What is your favourite dessert on RCI cruises?

This is a great question! I don't really remember desserts from our first RCCL trip, but I do remember the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake on our Carnival cruise... YUM! Does Royal have anything like that?

And do they really have Pavlova on all the ships? We'll be on Navigator - is that in the MDR?

And the salad bar thing looks awesome, too!! Thanks for the suggestion :)

The desserts from the MDR we have consistently enjoyed are:

Blueberry peach crumble
Key lime pie
Cheese plate (this is available any night, and is various cheeses with dried fruits and nuts)

There is a "chocolate raspberry tart" in the MDR on one of the lunch menus that is basically a heavy pastry crust with a few raspberries and a thick coating of heavy chocolate ganache that is rich, but tasty.

And, in the Café Promenade, there are the coconut cookies and sunflower seed granola bars. The latter are not a crunchy health-food snack, but rather a soft, tasty bar made with granola and dried fruits, with either pastry or chocolate on the bottom. There's also a chocolate-rum slice in the Café Promenade that was good on AOS but not so good on Allure.

[quote name='emeraldcity']How did I miss this?[/QUOTE]

In my recollection, there are two lunch menus for the MDR, perhaps more on longer cruises (or ones with more sea days). They alternate the menus, so if you happen to go to the MDR for lunch on sea days 1 and 3, you'll get the same menu, probably, and thus miss out on the variety.

[quote name='BLAMBKY']:confused: No one has mentioned the Chocolate Sensation? I had this more than once :eek: and it was YUMMO! My family tried bites (we often share to try a little of everything) and they ALL commented on how rich/chocolatly it was. I am hoping that it will be just as I remember it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes! I was reading through the posts looking for this one! I had it a few times on RCCL and by far it was the best chocolatey goodness I ever ate. You have to be a serious chocolate lover to appreciate it..lol.

Chocolate Sensation!

On Allure they had amazing butter pecan ice cream that was offered at lunch in the dining room. It was the same ice cream offered in the for fee ice cream parlor. Normally I wouldn't normally order this flavor but this one was so good we ordered it in the dining room and paid for it a few more times in the ice cream parlor during the week.

[quote name='Realtor at Sea']When I can't find a dessert I like, I order a chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. I think I once read it is on the children's menu. It is really tasty![/QUOTE]

When I couldn't find any dessert to my liking one evening, I read on CC that you could order vanilla sundae from the children's menu. I asked my waiter and he told me that it's banana split. I ordered the banana split and it was more akin to the sundae except that it had a few sliced bananas on the bottom of the dish. I enjoyed it whatever it was called.

[quote name='SamFritz']I am not impressed with the desserts. I was on a cruise two weeks ago, and when I thought about your question, nothing came immediately to mind. Maybe the creme brule .

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Some nights I just had fruit for dessert because nothing jumped out at me.

That being said, the key lime pie was good, the cheesecake was okay but not amazing, our family liked the crème brulee although it's not my thing. Windjammer desserts were not desirable to me, except for the cookies.

Key lime Pie! :D It was wonderful on the Jewel!

[URL="http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/newfishteam/media/Cruise%202013%20Jewels%20Of%20The%20Seas%20to%20Cozumel/Day%204%20at%20sea/P1030583.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l533/newfishteam/Cruise%202013%20Jewels%20Of%20The%20Seas%20to%20Cozumel/Day%204%20at%20sea/P1030583.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='nelblu']When I couldn't find any dessert to my liking one evening, I read on CC that you could order vanilla sundae from the children's menu. I asked my waiter and he told me that it's banana split. I ordered the banana split and it was more akin to the sundae except that it had a few sliced bananas on the bottom of the dish. I enjoyed it whatever it was called.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]I love coconut ice cream with hot fudge. Do you think they would provide this? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='iuki'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]I love coconut ice cream with hot fudge. Do you think they would provide this? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

You'll never know what they have in stock--just ask, all they can say is that is not available.