What is your favourite dessert on RCI cruises?

We loved most of the deserts on Liberty and our waiter often brought DH 2 if he couldn't decide. See pictures in my Liberty review - the link is with my signature - we also loved the brownies in the cafe promenade and we discovered little almond cookies in the pizza place across the promenade wasn't impressed with the pizza but used to get a coffee in the cafe then across the prom for the almond cookies.

One of the better desserts that we had was on the Allure in the MDR for lunch on a sea day. It was a crepe filled with custard and smothered with various types of berries with a hint of berry syrup and confectioner sugar. Yummy!

Ps. Some of the sugar free desserts are quite good and tasty.

One of the better desserts that we had was on the Allure in the MDR for lunch on a sea day. It was a crepe filled with custard and smothered with various types of berries with a hint of berry syrup and confectioner sugar. Yummy!

Ps. Some of the sugar free desserts are quite good and tasty.

The Cherry filled crepes with berries in MDR at LUNCH. DELICIOUS!!:)

Have a tutti salad and this and you will be in heaven.....:)

Giovanni's

Torta al cioccolato amaro senza zucchero, frutta mista di bosco marinata al Galliano, gelato e mousse al cioccolato

Flourless Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream & Galliano berries

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't read all the posts, but what about in the MDR, sugar free deserts?

As I posted in the thread, the MDR always has one or 2 sugar free desserts on the menu and are quite good and rich. The nice thing about them is that the desserts do not leave an after taste as you get with sugar free items.

On this past Allure cruise, I ordered dessert from the children menu (read on one CC thread) as I was dying for a vanilla sundae. I was told that no vanilla sundaes, but I could have a banana split. When it was served it was a vanilla sundae with all of the trimmings and some slices of bananas on the dish bottom that made it a banana split. Of course I enjoyed immensely whatever it's called.

:confused: No one has mentioned the Chocolate Sensation? I had this more than once :eek: and it was YUMMO! My family tried bites (we often share to try a little of everything) and they ALL commented on how rich/chocolatly it was. I am hoping that it will be just as I remember it. ;)

I agree the crepes at lunch were fantastic. I kept hoping they would be offered again in the MDR one evening, but no such luck. I agree with the others, the key lime pie, the tiramisu, the souffle were all really good, as was the creme brulee.

It's a salad where they take a metal bowl and allow you to choose from tons of ingredients (proteins, veggies, etc.) then they mix it up in the bowl with dressing and put it on a plate for you. It's basically an upscale salad bar, but very fun and very good. There are other things to go along with it as well.

Tom

[quote name='beshears']What does the tutti salad consist of ?[/QUOTE]

I am not impressed with the desserts. I was on a cruise two weeks ago, and when I thought about your question, nothing came immediately to mind. Maybe the creme brule .

[COLOR=green]Uuummm, creme brulee------just a fancy name for puddin :rolleyes:.[/COLOR]

Sadly, the Chops red velvet cake that was so good is no longer available. They used to get their RVC from an outside vendor, Sweet Street Desserts. The cake is now being made onboard instead. We ordered it in December on the Legend and it was good but no where near as we've known it for years. Sigh. Sweet Street's website says it is 970 calories a slice. It tasted like it too. ;)

I've had a very good ricotta pie in the Windjammer but haven't seen it in awhile. Edited by CruiseKeeper

[quote name='blambky']:confused: No one has mentioned the chocolate sensation? I had this more than once :eek: And it was yummo! My family tried bites (we often share to try a little of everything) and they all commented on how rich/chocolatly it was. I am hoping that it will be just as i remember it. ;)[/quote]

agree!!!!

[quote name='beshears']Thank you for letting me know about the tutti salad. I'm looking forward to checking it out. :)[/QUOTE]

Besides the various vegetables and salads, it also has Italian prosciutto, feta, mozzarella balls & swiss cheese, various olives, sweet peppers, etc. Next to the salad bar there are 5-6 hot food stations. You could also do a combination of salad and order from the luncheon menu.