Vision of the Seas~B2B~Spanish Immersion~Feb. 8th & 15th~My Diary

Jane:

Did the Panamanian immigration request hotel receipts/proof of staying upon departure? We were told that there may be a fine if you have no proof?

If so, did you bring something from the ship?

Review was wonderful and helpful, in Panama now, leaving on the Vision tomorrow.

Jane,

Thanks so much for this wonderful review! We're doing the same ship/itinerary in a few weeks and can't wait! We'll be staying at the Waldorf in Panama and were wanting to arrange a taxi to Colon, and probably a return trip back + a brief stop at the locks. Would you be able to pass along Eric's information?

Looks like a wonderful time!

Jane:

Did the Panamanian immigration request hotel receipts/proof of staying upon departure? We were told that there may be a fine if you have no proof?

Review was wonderful and helpful, in Panama now, leaving on the Vision tomorrow.

They only asked where we stayed, but that was all. Have a great cruise the ship is so nice. We liked to eat at Chops Grill whit Hernan as a waiter.

Jane,

Thanks so much for this wonderful review! We're doing the same ship/itinerary in a few weeks and can't wait! We'll be staying at the Waldorf in Panama and were wanting to arrange a taxi to Colon, and probably a return trip back + a brief stop at the locks. Would you be able to pass along Eric's information?

Looks like a wonderful time!

We did take myfriendmario one way 23 pp.

Hi everybody, just wanted for you to know that Jane Is in the midst of an ice storm and have no power. She will be back to post again as soon as power is restored.

I know that this is what she really would like to do, right now...

ImageUploadedByForums1394246225.633072.jpg.48991b1cef8ff6057c1ccdb26cdbf6fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi everybody, just wanted for you to know that Jane Is in the midst of an ice storm and have no power. She will be back to post again as soon as power is restored.

[ATTACH]304814[/ATTACH]

Oh my -- hope she gets power back soon. This has been a rotten winter,

[ATTACH]304814[/ATTACH]

That is a bad thing to come home to.

Jane:

IF you are an American citizen you can stay in Panama for 180 days without any problem. There is no need for a visa. You only need to say why you came to Panama and where you were while here. If you didn't stay at a hotel but went to the ship and then back to the airport . . . just tell them that.

We have people come and stay with us and they have never had to pay a fine because they didn't have a receipt for their stay here! :)

Ate lunch in the Windjammer.....there was not a soul there.....wonderful. We had a nice afternoon of relaxation.

HOWEVER!!!!!........In our new cabin....8568...we are just under the far end of the Solarium. They roll carts through there all day. Laundry carts, carts with towels, food carts, drink carts.....all kinds of carts!!! It sounded like a bowling alley above our heads!! We never had a moment's peace. It subsided in the evenings and over night a bit. But at least 3-4 times during the night I was awakened by this noise. More on this later.[/size][/font]

Hate to hear that it was so noisy, we are in cabin 8570 (the connecting cabin to 8568) in three weeks. The only other JS available is 8552 which is 8 cabins closer to the elevators. Do you think it would be better or worse? Was the noise bad enough that I'd be better off upgrading to a GS?

Hi everybody; Jane still without power; they telling her that power will be out until next Wednesday (11pm)

Oh boy.... don't want to be in her shoes, right now!!!!

Have a great weekend,ImageUploadedByForums1394302549.046035.jpg.6b0f4cdf8d704e6d761347d518ed773d.jpg

Hi everybody; Jane still without power; they telling her that power will be out until next Wednesday (11pm)

Have a great weekend,[ATTACH]304890[/ATTACH]

That's terrible. I feel so bad for her.

Have a great weekend,[ATTACH]304890[/ATTACH]

That's a long time to be without power in the cold. Hope she is able to get some hot food, and has something that will create some warmth. I wish her well and hope she is OK.

Hey.... Jane just got her power back a while ago! I know she'll be here soon!!!

So happy for her, John and Holly!!!

This is our magnetic door sign! Isn't this a cool thing??? :)

[ATTACH]305089[/ATTACH]

Fabulous news about Jane getting their power back!! It's so great that they don't have to endure a cold house until Wednesday.

Hello everyone! Sorry to be MI for so long. We had a horrible ice storm here in NC on Friday and we were without power until yesterday. We did OK, though. I was able to cook because of natural gas and a gas grill. Holly freaked out, but she is gradually getting better. The damage was just awful. Although we have power, the Internet is still down, so I won't be able to post until that is back up. We're at McDonalds right now!!

So hopefully it won't be too much longer. Y'all please stay tuned......there is lots more to come. To the person who has cabin 8570......move!! The 8550's are better, I believe. We were in one of those on Grandeur and I don't remember any noise.

You DO need the yellow copy of what they give you at the airport when you enter the country.....to leave!! So please put that in a safe place and have it ready when debarking.

OK......back to my scrumptious lunch at McD's. hopefully I will be back soon!! Will try to keep you posted.

Hey.... Jane just got her power back a while ago! I know she'll be here soon!!!

So happy for her, John and Holly!!!

This is our magnetic door sign! Isn't this a cool thing??? :)

[ATTACH]305089[/ATTACH]

I love your door sign. Where did you get it?

Silly question, but did you notice if the Vision had the new Freestyle Coca Cola machines?

No Freestyle on Vision. Currently, Royal only puts Freestyle machines on those ships based in the US year round.