Hope we will still be able to visit St Petersburg!

Scriv

We are off on a Baltic cruise mid June and just hope that we will still be able to visit St Petersburg given the current diplomatic issues with Russia.

Has anyone had their cruise itinerary changed in similar circumstances? I am wondering what happens if so? Does P&O shorten the cruise or visit somewhere else?

Keeping fingers crossed that it does not progress to this stage of course. I would be soooo disappointed as I am so excited about St P.

We are off on a Baltic cruise mid June and just hope that we will still be able to visit St Petersburg given the current diplomatic issues with Russia.

Has anyone had their cruise itinerary changed in similar circumstances? I am wondering what happens if so? Does P&O shorten the cruise or visit somewhere else?

Keeping fingers crossed that it does not progress to this stage of course. I would be soooo disappointed as I am so excited about St P.

Cruises would not be shortened just changed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They will change the itinerary but keep length of cruise the same. But this is all a long way off - with a bit of luck it will all have calmed down by then. I see Mr Putin has been put forward for the Nobel Peace Prize so we can all sleep easy in our beds !!!!

All the other ports are fine, so we should be ok.

I wasn't imagining major warfare, but was just wondering what might happen if the uk imposed sanctions on Russia and we were not allowed to go.

Why on earth would you want to spend money in a place like Russia?

I have always wanted to visit. to see St Petersburg, but always had doubts due to stories about personal safety.

Now would definitely not. If I went on a Baltic cruise, I would stay on board the ship when it doscked in Russia...

Why on earth would you want to spend money in a place like Russia?

I have always wanted to visit. to see St Petersburg, but always had doubts due to stories about personal safety.

Now would definitely not. If I went on a Baltic cruise, I would stay on board the ship when it doscked in Russia...

I know a chap who lived in St Petersburg (and married a Russian woman from St Pete) and a relative visits regularly - he has a visa and speaks Russian. They both say that St Pete is very safe. Both of them would regard Moscow as a much dodgier place - much less understanding of tourists there.

I don't really envision the FCO issuing an advisory against St. Petersburg at the moment. If you were stopping in Sochi then it might be a little different..;)

Why would stopping in Sochi make a difference, our Paralympic team are there at the moment?

I have no worries whatsoever in visiting St Petersburg, but I would have to go on an organised tour. I don't care whether it is P&O organised or private, but I would not feel safe on a DIY tour.