Transatlantic & Promotions

I guess we missed out:(. We are looking at taking our 1st Transatlantic and they have been excluded from the recent 123 & Pick You Perk Promotions. How about OBC when you book on board, are they still including it with the Transatlantic? When did Celebrity start excluding the promotions from the Transatlantic? Appreciate your input, thanks.

I guess we missed out:(. We are looking at taking our 1st Transatlantic and they have been excluded from the recent 123 & Pick You Perk Promotions. How about OBC when you book on board, are they still including it with the Transatlantic? When did Celebrity start excluding the promotions from the Transatlantic? Appreciate your input, thanks.

They offered the 123 last January or February 2013 for the fall 2013 TA's or at least some of them (Many had the offer on our Equinox trip). They did not offer any for this Spring TA's or this Fall's. Appears that with so many sea days rather than port days, it likely wasn't cost effective for Celebrity.

Edited by d4m

They offered the 123 last January or February 2013 for the fall 2013 TA's or at least some of them (Many had the offer on our Equinox trip). They did not offer any for this Spring TA's or this Fall's. Appears that with so many sea days rather than port days, it likely wasn't cost effective for Celebrity.

Hopefully I will be able to get OBC when I book on board for the Transatlantic :).

It was my fault that the TA no longer have the 123 included :rolleyes::p

Hopefully I will be able to get OBC when I book on board for the Transatlantic :).

You will, but not very much. Certainly not in line with the length of the cruise like it used to be. $50 for an inside, $75 for an OV, $100 for a veranda, $200 for CC, AQ, SS, $300 for all other suites.

We booked the Silhouette TA for 15 nights, $599 inside, and got $250 OBC from shareholder credit. Can't travel much cheaper than that and I cannot see how they could include drinks! Even balconies were $899. Not much profit there.

When did the balconies get that low ?

It was my fault that the TA no longer have the 123 included :rolleyes::p

Not hardly Mark:) I think Celebrity got wise that 9 sea days of the package was a tough deal for them, rather than the few days for most cruises! Sure miss that roll call and all the Marks.............

We booked the Silhouette TA for 15 nights, $599 inside, and got $250 OBC from shareholder credit. Can't travel much cheaper than that and I cannot see how they could include drinks! Even balconies were $899. Not much profit there.

We booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago and paid the $899 for the balcony guarantee and got a 2B assigned. Also got a $225 obc from our online travel agent.

How far out did you book the TA? Was it after final payment? We are looking at Eastbound in April 2015 which should be released shortly. I guess it all depends on the itinerary of the TA regarding the cost. We priced the 2014 TA before final payment and the prices were more than double what you are quoting for your TA.

How far out did you book the TA? Was it after final payment? We are looking at Eastbound in April 2015 which should be released shortly. I guess it all depends on the itinerary of the TA regarding the cost. We priced the 2014 TA before final payment and the prices were more than double what you are quoting for your TA.

60 days was the magic number this year,last year it was 70 days, this was for the Silhouette

Trips ending in England appear to be the cheapest , northern route, I guess it ok if you want to see icebergs lol

Edited by Airbalancer

60 days was the magic number this year,last year it was 70 days, this was for the Silhouette

Trips ending in England appear to be the cheapest , northern route, I guess it ok if you want to see icebergs lol

Thank - you for the Magic number, just curious how you don't get slammed on one way airfare if you wait until after final payment?

Thank - you for the Magic number, just curious how you don't get slammed on one way airfare if you wait until after final payment?

You do not use Choice Air, best one way fares around

Rome to Toronto,switch plans in London,

Two weeks ago $507 cdn, today it is $517 cdn,Canadian dollar is bouncing around

BA site $3000.00 for the same flight

We are also on the April 20 Silhouette TA and haven't even booked our return air yet! Haven't figured out where we're flying home from, or when. Last year we booked the week we left! Same price for months. It's the only way to fly!!!!

You do not use Choice Air, best one way fares around

Rome to Toronto,switch plans in London,

Two weeks ago $507 cdn, today it is $517 cdn,Canadian dollar is bouncing around

BA site $3000.00 for the same flight

I have not booked cruises to Europe after final payment and looked for air two months out, I am a chicken with the price fluctuations. I appreciated you telling me how you do it. Regarding Choice Air, I guess it is ok for a one way TA six months to a year out from what I have read on prior threads.

I have not booked cruises to Europe after final payment and looked for air two months out, I am a chicken with the price fluctuations. I appreciated you telling me how you do it. Regarding Choice Air, I guess it is ok for a one way TA six months to a year out from what I have read on prior threads.

Choice Air is good two weeks out!!!

We do a westbound TA every year. You will not find a cheaper one-way airfare than with Choice Air. We're on British Airways from Tampa to Rome, through Gatwick to coming October for $507 p/p total. Cheapest consolidator price I could find was well over twice that.

I have never seen a promotion associated with a transatlantic or transpacific cruise. With as many as 11-12 sea days on a transatlantic, Celebrity cannot make any money from shore excursions. They make alot of profit from their tours and couple that with people drinking more during the sea days, this is most of the reason for no promotions.

On our Reflection TA last November, a friend got a last minute (after final payment) veranda cabin for $599 and he was traveling alone. If you have the nerve to buy airfare and wait until the price drops, you can save a bundle.

SDT

Edited by SHill64

We do a westbound TA every year. You will not find a cheaper one-way airfare than with Choice Air. We're on British Airways from Tampa to Rome, through Gatwick to coming October for $507 p/p total. Cheapest consolidator price I could find was well over twice that.

I have never seen a promotion associated with a transatlantic or transpacific cruise. With as many as 11-12 sea days on a transatlantic, Celebrity cannot make any money from shore excursions. They make alot of profit from their tours and couple that with people drinking more during the sea days, this is most of the reason for no promotions.

On our Reflection TA last November, a friend got a last minute (after final payment) veranda cabin for $599 and he was traveling alone. If you have the nerve to buy airfare and wait until the price drops, you can save a bundle.

SDT

Thanks for the Choice Air recommendation for the TA. How soon after you book the cruise do you book the air?

SDT

Not, Fred ! :p

Mark