Shampoo & Gel dispensers

Den53

Thanks, I really like this. Also liked: http://www.amazon.com/Talus-Corp-Shower-Organizer/dp/B000JD4CC0/ref=pd_sim_hg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=127NM69YNPZHWD58SS3H

It holds bigger bottles of shampoo. I was going to make my own but at that price it's easier to get it from Amazon. I think I can hang it from the new dispenser holder.

Wow, that's pretty neat. Might have to order one myself. Thanks for the link.

We were not happy with the shower gel. Only way to get it lather was to use my hands on my arms and legs. But it still took about five or six pumps of the gel for each appendage. The shampoo was okay. I never liked the eucalyptus shampoo as it dulled the natural color of my hair. I've always used my own conditioner on board because all that sun really dries out my hair. Both of us commented about it on the survey we each received.

But my biggest complaint is that they would place anything that sticks out from the wall in that small shower. Ouch! I don't know how many times I elbowed it.

So we will pack shampoo, conditioner and gel...but what about lotion...are they gone now too??

Part of the Capt Circle upgraded perks are the special bottles...so no more upgraded bathroom amenities either?

Tough to bring all this with a luggage weight limit:confused:

So we will pack shampoo, conditioner and gel...but what about lotion...are they gone now too??

Part of the Capt Circle upgraded perks are the special bottles...so no more upgraded bathroom amenities either?

Tough to bring all this with a luggage weight limit:confused:

When I read about having to bring all these items, I always think it definitely could be a weight problem stuffing extra things in the luggage. Bummer.

Last trip, I bought the smaller empty plastic bottles at Walgreens and filled them with my shampoo, conditioner, lotion. Surprisingly, they aren't very big, but they were enough for my 17 days of vacation. My husband used sample size shampoo and conditioner and didn't use the lotion.

Elite amenities in the bathroom on a February cruise were:

o eye gel mask

o emery board

o shower cap

o linen mist

o a tube of lotion

We are sailing on the Ruby in May and have a full suite. I will be taking my own shampoo and conditioner since I am on special regimen with my colored hair. Reading through this I might pack our Dove soap and body wash as well. I have two little girls with sensitive skin so I have to bring their Aveeno with us.

We are sailing on the Ruby in May and have a full suite. I will be taking my own shampoo and conditioner since I am on special regimen with my colored hair. Reading through this I might pack our Dove soap and body wash as well. I have two little girls with sensitive skin so I have to bring their Aveeno with us.

You will be glad you brought your own soap. ;)

We disembarked from the Grand on 3/5. Sailed with another couple and it was a unanimous decision the soap and shampoo dispensers were big disappointments. I wouldn’t mind the dispensers but the product was terrible....never lathered. Like someone else said, our wonderful steward noticed we weren’t using them and brought us soap everyday. I did like the smell.....

We had an interior cabin on the Ruby in March, and the dispensers were there - shower gel and shampoo/conditioner. Neither product is very good. We brought a shower "pouf" which worked with the gel as well as anything else. Small bottles are not environmentally or economically sound - one reviewer bragged "I have at least 10 I took home". Why??

If Princess becomes so low end that I need to bring my own bar soap it will be time for us to part ways. That's the epitome of cheap.

The thought has never crossed our minds, but you can rest assured we will bring it next time. :cool:

Princess still provides bar soap. Just ask the cabin steward for extra to use in the shower.

If Princess becomes so low end that I need to bring my own bar soap it will be time for us to part ways. That's the epitome of cheap.

You don't need to bring your own unless you don't like what they provide.

I counted - it took me 17 pumps to get out as much shampoo as I usually use at home.

Anybody have any good ideas for a holder for the shampoo and conditioner that we have to bring from home? I've been setting them on the toilet seat but that gets the floor really wet.

favors by serendipity dot com has a wonderful mesh shower caddy with little pockets and velcro straps. I also bring a small camping mesh bag to hold my little bar of soap in the shower. Both of these are light and easily packable.

Edited by clmom
correction