Epic Private Elevator to Haven?

2boyzmom

Is there a separate elevator to Haven area or do you insert your key in regular elevator?- Sorry- I found the answer on another thread but don't know how to delete post :(!

Edited by 2boyzmom

Last year in order to get to the deck on which the Haven begins you needed to insert your key card in the slot in the elevator (it also went to other decks, but only stopped on the top deck if you inserted the key). There is also a separate outside elevator (accessed from the Haven Lounge) to get up to the roof deck area. I don't know if anything has changed since then.

On our recent New Year Sailing...

Elevators inside - For guests, all of the elevators functioned the same. There is, however, only 1 bank of elevators that even go past the 15th floor. But they are not exclusive to Haven guests and do stop at all floors for all guests. Never did we need to insert our key card to get to the 16th or 17th floor Haven area - we just pressed the button. Yes, a non-Haven guest could take the elevator up to the Haven floors but it doesn't matter because all hallways off the elevators on 16 and 17 have doors and are Haven key card access only. That's where you need your card.

Those elevators CAN be (and were) made direct/express elevators by the concierge staff's key cards while transporting Haven guests up and down for shows, sending guests up and down for embarkation and disembarkation at certain ports and when back in Miami. This was a GREAT service btw. They left us messages telling us what times they'd be manning the elevators on port days and show nights. (So maybe at one time guests did use their cards as another poster experienced. Obviously, the capability is there.)

There is also an elevator outside right next to the Great Outdoors snack food area that goes from the pool deck to Posh and back. This one IS key card access only.

There is a public elevator that will take anyone to deck 16. But you would have to walk past the concierge desk to access the pool area so they would know who did not belong. However, you cannot access any rooms and need key card access to get into the halls. But the public areas like Epic lounge, Epic restaurant can be accessed by anyone walking off the elevator. I would see many people get off on deck 16 to be curious or by mistake and then go back to the elevator

The elevator from Epic lounge to Posh is key card only. The elevator will also pick you up from deck 15 (main pool deck) but that too is key card access.

So, where do those glass elevators we saw from the pool deck go? I wondered that on my last cruise and just figured they were for suite passengers.

The glass elevator is for suite guests and has key card access. They go to deck 16 (Epic Club) and deck 17 (Posh).

The glass elevator is for suite guests and has key card access. They go to deck 16 (Epic Club) and deck 17 (Posh).

Thank you. I will get to use those special elevators in 2015 on my Med. cruise:D

When facing forward, what you say is true for the left elevator.

The right elevator can be used by anyone to gain access to deck 17 (public sun deck). It has no access to deck 16.

The Forward elevators on the Starboard side are the only ones that will go to the Haven, however a keycard is not required to reach either Deck 16 or 17 at this time. All guests can ride to either of these decks, but will not be able to gain access to the Haven itself, as the keycard is required at all doors into the complex. Non-Haven guests can then use the stairs to access the public sundeck on Deck 18, or to access Posh if they have purchased the pass, as a keycard is needed at the door to Posh.

The glass elevators on the Port side will stop at Decks 16, 17 and 18 if a keycard is inserted. If you enter the elevator on Deck 15 and do not insert a keycard, the elevator will not move. If you enter this elevator on Deck 18 and do not insert a keycard, it will express down to Deck 15.

The glass elevator on the Starboard side only goes to Deck 18 and back down to Deck 15. All guests can use this elevator to access the Public Sundeck on Deck 18.

*Note: a tip to help you keep your bearings - the LED Display on top of all the elevators on the Port side has orange numbers. The LED Display above the Starboard side elevators is blue. ;)

Waldos: Finally, a very succinct glass elevator answer. I know that asking about glass elevators may be trivial with respect to everything else going on, but sure nice to know ahead of time. Thanks.

My thoughts exactly

What decks contain the courtyard, haven, and posh on Epic? I ask because I thought I read somewhere that part of either the haven or posh was taken away, so I'm just curious what's included with our suite. Thank you!

Edited by SissasMomE

Waldos: Finally, a very succinct glass elevator answer. I know that asking about glass elevators may be trivial with respect to everything else going on, but sure nice to know ahead of time. Thanks.

My thoughts exactly

Glad I could be of help. I'm one who likes to know in advance, so I totally understand how something seemingly trivial can be important. ;)

What decks contain the courtyard, haven, and posh on Epic? I ask because I thought I read somewhere that part of either the haven or posh was taken away, so I'm just curious what's included with our suite. Thank you!

The Haven Complex occupies Deck 16 and Deck 17. The courtyard area is surrounded by suites, and is accessible from the hallways on both sides, as well as directly from the Concierge Lounge. The Epic Grille is adjacent (over top of the Port side elevator bank) and can be reached from the hallways, the Concierge Lounge, or the Epic Club restaurant (which is also over the elevator bank). The glass elevator can be accessed from within the Epic Lounge, and will take you to Deck 18 which is where Posh is located. Posh also has a series of upper sundecks that can only be accessed from the stairway inside Posh. There is ample space for sunbathing both inside the courtyard itself, and throughout Posh.

Nothing has been taken away on Epic. You may be thinking of Vibe which was anticipated to be an included perk for Haven guests, but is only available by purchasing a Vibe pass - regardless of stateroom category. This caused quite a stir when it was announced.

Enjoy every moment of your Epic sailing... I know we did! :D

The Haven Complex occupies Deck 16 and Deck 17. The courtyard area is surrounded by suites, and is accessible from the hallways on both sides, as well as directly from the Concierge Lounge. The Epic Grille is adjacent (over top of the Port side elevator bank) and can be reached from the hallways, the Concierge Lounge, or the Epic Club restaurant (which is also over the elevator bank). The glass elevator can be accessed from within the Epic Lounge, and will take you to Deck 18 which is where Posh is located. Posh also has a series of upper sundecks that can only be accessed from the stairway inside Posh. There is ample space for sunbathing both inside the courtyard itself, and throughout Posh.

Nothing has been taken away on Epic. You may be thinking of Vibe which was anticipated to be an included perk for Haven guests, but is only available by purchasing a Vibe pass - regardless of stateroom category. This caused quite a stir when it was announced.

Great, thank you Barbara!

The forward sundeck is taken away as a suite perk. That sundeck is normally (always?) open to everyone now.

All guests can ride to either of these decks, but will not be able to gain access to the Haven itself, as the keycard is required at all doors into the complex.

The door into the lounge was always open on our cruises on the Epic so no card was needed to get access.

The forward sundeck is taken away as a suite perk. That sundeck is normally (always?) open to everyone now.

Is there a sundeck reserved only for haven guests? We have teenagers who will not be allowed into Posh, but would like a quiet place to lie in the sun.

Remember not to press the button marked OUT

Seems to be a contradiction?

Seems to be a contradiction?

The confusion seems to be about the public sun deck on deck 18.

Posh is a small part of this deck. If you look at the deck plans it is just in the corner. The rest is public access.

I believe, although I may be wrong, that at one point some of this public area was just for Haven guests, but this was changed. That is the change that is being referred to, but it happened at least two years ago.