Quantum, Cape Liberty update

I have a stupid question for anyone who has sailed out of this port. We leave on Quantum in February...will we get a good view of the Statue of Liberty on the way out? That would be great to see...if not we are gonna need to book a post cruise city tour of NY that includes it! Thanks!

I have a stupid question for anyone who has sailed out of this port. We leave on Quantum in February...will we get a good view of the Statue of Liberty on the way out? That would be great to see...if not we are gonna need to book a post cruise city tour of NY that includes it! Thanks!

When the ship is in dock your view may be blocked by cargo ships being off or on loaded.

There will be a clear view when you move out into the harbor however you will be about two miles from Lady Liberty when docked or leaving the port.

bosco

When the ship is in dock your view may be blocked by cargo ships being off or on loaded.

There will be a clear view when you move out into the harbor however you will be about two miles from Lady Liberty when docked or leaving the port.

bosco

Yes, there will be a clear view in the distance but nowhere near as impressive as sailing out of the West Side Piers in Manhattan with the sun setting on Lady Liberty up close and personal. If you want a good view, fly in a day early and go to lower Manhattan. You may also want to see the 9-11 memorial, Ellis Island and Battery Park City.

Edited by celebrity

Are people hoping that the new port will be available for the arrival of the Quantum in November or for its first departure from there?

The construction is on schedule, it will ready for Quantum's arrival in November.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

Yes, there will be a clear view in the distance but nowhere near as impressive as sailing out of the West Side Piers in Manhattan with the sun setting on Lady Liberty up close and personal. If you want a good view, fly in a day early and go to lower Manhattan. You may also want to see the 9-11 memorial, Ellis Island and Battery Park City.

If you don't have an extra day to spend in NYC, you can also drive about 2 miles down I78 from the pier to Liberty State Park on the Jersey side where you can take a ferry to Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty. While there you can also visit the Liberty Science Center which is also a great place for the kids.

We sailed out of Bayonne one time. Yes, we could see the Statue, but didn't get a good close-up look. Take a separate Statue tour after the cruise. You'll get a real sense of the Statue's grandeur.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are people hoping that the new port will be available for the arrival of the Quantum in November or for its first departure from there?

Yes! I am also hoping it will be ready for Explorer's last trip out on Nov 1.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The construction is on schedule, it will ready for Quantum's arrival in November.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

Denise

Thanks guys. Someone had told me it was just for departures FROM New York, and wasn't being used for arrivals...

Edited by nclsuncruiser

Denise

I am also hoping it will be ready for the last sailing of Explorer on Nov 1.

Thanks guys. Someone had told me it was just for departures FROM New York, and wasn't being used for arrivals...

The ship will be leaving from Bayonne New Jersey, not NY and will be used for both arrivals and departures.

I personally wouldn't mind being part of a practice embark on Nov 1. Could be hectic but way cool. 😊

Denise

I have a friend who is a porter at the port. When I see her again, I'll ask her to call me the day before our Nov.1 sailing to see if what terminal they will be using for our Nov. 1 sailing.

I personally wouldn't mind being part of a practice embark on Nov 1. Could be hectic but way cool.

Denise

For Sure.

1. Build a big empty building.

2. Divide it up into several large areas.

A. Luggage off loading area with ENOUGH U.S. Customs stations for departing passengers.

B. Security screening area designed with ENOUGH stations to handle new guests quickly.

C. Large counter area with plenty of computer stations (divided to spread out the volume at check-in).

D. Area large enough to allow passengers some comfort while waiting to board.

((((Since there should be only a short distance to the ships, passengers should be able to walk right on board as long as the prior passengers are off))).

E. Areas for lavatories and other type comfort or office stations.

Provided RCCL has their computer systems up and running (hopefully better than what we are used to from them and Celebrity) the entire process will start off very well.

Aside from parking, whether indoors or out, and luggage drop off, both of which are not difficult to set in motion, if the computers are up to snuff and the roof doesn't leak I am sure it will run smoothly from day one.

I hope... LOL

bosco

The ship will be leaving from Bayonne New Jersey, not NY and will be used for both arrivals and departures.

I see where you are coming from. It's an easy mistake for some to make (including me) as a lot of websites are billing it as "Southampton to New York".

I stand corrected! :o

I am out of the loop! I do remember hearing Quantum was coming to Cape Liberty but does anyone know if it's a Bermuda or Caribbean itinerary and how many days?

Yep, you are out of the loop a lot has happened.

Quantum will not be sailing to Bermuda (dredging not done), Quantum leaves Bayonne May 15' and heads to China permanently. June 15 Liberty comes in until Nov 15'. Nov 15' Anthem replaces Liberty until the next Spring. Whether she stays in Bayonne or another ship comes in has not been announced by RCCL.

• 2 weeks later...