New Burger Concept - Noordam

POA1

Yay! Improved burgers!

Did you happen to notice if they have gluten free buns? ;)

A woman in front of me asked for one and the cook went to fetch it in the Lido. I was on the look out for gluten free items for you after you asked about the beer & cider.

Dad smoked for forty years. Literally started as a child. When he died at age 77 the COD had nothing to do with him having smoked. So I guess that means since he didn't die from a smoking related ailment he could have continued to smoke with impunity.

So I was thinking... How could this thread possibly get any better? I doubted that it could, and then... Bam! Smoking post. Couldn't have been any better unless maybe we can get transfats into the mix. :D

So I was thinking... How could this thread possibly get any better? I doubted that it could, and then... Bam! Smoking post. Couldn't have been any better unless maybe we can get transfats into the mix. :D

How much did you tip the cook for making the fresh buger? Did you tip before or after?

Thanks for keeping an eye out for GF stuff. [emoji7] means a lot!

How much did you tip the cook for making the fresh buger? Did you tip before or after?

Thanks for keeping an eye out for GF stuff. [emoji7] means a lot!

I didn't actually have the fresh burger. I was working my way through the Dutch grill items. I ran into the cook in the Lido. I must have had that "This guy would like to know about meat" look on my face.

Now I have to figure out what the emoji7 in brackets means.

Sounds like a good corporate decision by developing a new popular food venue, that's less expensive to produce and possibly removes pressure from under staffed MDR's.

If it becomes really popular I wonder how they will handle the extra patronizing as the line and wait time has been getting longer on last two cruises.

Sounds nice and I like the fact that Holland America is changing to keep up with the times and competition.

I like smoked burgers;)

Colon cancer.

I would be remiss if I didn't warn my fellow CCer's of the link between eating red meat and colon cancer.

Get your colon checked early and often, should you choose to eat burgers!

Ahh, that felt good.

PSA done for the day!

I didn't actually have the fresh burger. I was working my way through the Dutch grill items. I ran into the cook in the Lido. I must have had that "This guy would like to know about meat" look on my face.

Now I have to figure out what the emoji7 in brackets means.

Aww! On my computer is a smiley with hearts for eyes :o (it's not as creepy as it sounds)

No tip for no burger.

Edited by AlohaPride

You didn't mention if you were dressed appropriately. :cool:

Hope you were wearing your tuxedo.

You didn't mention if you were dressed appropriately. :cool:

Hope you were wearing your tuxedo.

No tux. I did make sure to wear a collared shirt in case I was sitting on one of the Lido pool bars stools that have a dress code though. You know, the ones with little plaque that says, "Out of respect to your fellow passengers, gentleman are requested to kindly wear a collared casual or golf shirt and khaki or chino shorts. No T-shirts or denim please."

Editor's Note: POA1 is making this up. T-shirts are allowed - especially if they're HAL shirts from the amazing, one day only, limited time, sidewalk sale. Act now. Quantities are limited. You won't see prices this good ever again. (At least not until the next sea day. )

Edited by POA1

Sounds like a good corporate decision by developing a new popular food venue, that's less expensive to produce and possibly removes pressure from under staffed MDR's.

If it becomes really popular I wonder how they will handle the extra patronizing as the line and wait time has been getting longer on last two cruises.

Sounds nice and I like the fact that Holland America is changing to keep up with the times and competition.

Only been one other cruise, and there was a Johnny Rockets burger bar on there - very popular but there was an additional cover charge. Awesome milk shakes and burgers so it was worth it.

Only been one other cruise' date=' and there was a Johnny Rockets burger bar on there - very popular but there was an additional cover charge. Awesome milk shakes and burgers so it was worth it.[/quote']

Sounds yummy. What cruise line was that? We have a Johnny Rockets at one of our malls.

Colon cancer.

I would be remiss if I didn't warn my fellow CCer's of the link between eating red meat and colon cancer.

Get your colon checked early and often, should you choose to eat burgers!

Ahh, that felt good.

PSA done for the day!

Hey let's not forget the issues from eating a burger with all that fat too. :) we're all going to die from high cholesterol and heart attacks too!

I've already got the cancer part covered so I'll eat all the med rare burgers I want and not worry about it. The pain from ecoli can't be any worse than what I already go through with chemo and radiation. Oops I said the "c" word and will get attacked for that now I'm sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk