SEAFOOD SHACK on the OASIS

We ate there once. Food was OK -- neither outstanding nor bad. Location and atmosphere was nice.

For us, once was enough. Nothing compelling enough for us to justify the surcharge a second time.

We have eaten there a couple of times. We have had the fish and chips and the ribs and thought both were very good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When I was there a couple of weeks ago there was no fish and chips on the menu so I didn't go. Is that something you have to ask for?

5 of us eat there last summer on Oasis. Would not rush back, DH and DS love sea food and the rest of us ribs. The ribs were to spicy !! We didn't eat them, and my husband and son said the fish was just ok. We were the only people in there the whole time we were eating. To be fair when they saw we hadn't eaten much of the ribs they didn't charge us, we left there and went straight to the WJ.

To come

Canadian Rockies / Alaskan Cruisetour August 2014

Taken

Oasis of the Seas August 2013

Independence of the Seas August 2008

My wife and I actually had one of the more memorable Oasis casual meals (lunch) at the Seafood Shack - a lobster lunch with Chowder served in a sourdough bread bowl.

We were impressed with:

1) The price

2) The quality of the food

3) The quantity of the food

4) The service

We'd go back there in a heartbeat.

1770754604_021712T41CRUISEDAYSeafoodShackChowderBowl.jpg.449814b2df1b033ccfbb7e0dc4370043.jpg

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

I love seafood, I just can't see myself wanting pay extra for this kind of food. I mean how different is fried shrimp there vs Windjammers?

We had a 2-lobster-tail lunch meal including 1 large chowder (needed to share it - it was just too big for one person)...for <$22.00.

It felt like having nearly 2 dinners...there was soo much food and it was terrific in quality. There's nothing at Windjammer to compare.

We ate one meal there last May. It was not all that exciting. I had the SS salad, which was really tasty and hubby had some kind of fish and fries thing, which he said was so-so. We both thought the portions were plentiful. But honestly, the fried mahi-mahi they had in the Windjammer was much better!

We had a BW cabin at the end of deck 11, so we were pretty much across from the SS. It was NEVER crowded at all. I think the most we ever saw was maybe 4-5 filled tables at any one time. The night we ate there, we were the only two people eating in the restaurant!

Ann

My wife had the popcorn shrimp and clam chowder and I had grilled shrimp and seafood chowder, both of us had fries.

Both soups were tasty and the grilled shrimp were much better than those served the MDR,fries were nice and crispy.

We ate there the last night, just wanted to try it, we were one of 3 tables at about 6:30 PM.

Wasn't the best and wasn't the worst, but it was worth the small up charge.

We ate there during our March 1 cruise and really liked it. It was empty. I will be posting a review and pictures as part of my big oasis reveiew currently in progress. Should have this section done in the next few days if you want to check out my review.

We were on the Oasis last fall and the place was dead. I thought I have heard, or read, that they were going to replace it with a Mexican Cantina like they have on the Allure.

While that would be disappointing to some of us...those rumors have been floating out there for a few months now...we'll have to see how that unfolds.

• 3 weeks later...
We were on the Oasis last fall and the place was dead. I thought I have heard, or read, that they were going to replace it with a Mexican Cantina like they have on the Allure.

the mexican place wasn't good at all for us and we were the only people in there at lunch that day. STRONG drinks tho. We won't return to the mexican one on Allure any time soon.

will prob try the Seafood one this time on Oasis just to see :)